Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Moose

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #120 on: May 06, 2011, 02:49:02 PM »
Damn, his skill set is too perfect a match for Georgetown's system. I think just from that perspective, Georgetown might be in the lead. And the Johnnies will already have a multitude a ball handlers (Lindsey, Harrison, Thomas, Stith will be a senior) so there might not be much minutes for Kyle til his Jr year maybe, and he's stated his preference for being a pg.

Lot of what if's in your post.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #121 on: May 06, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
What 5star all american guard would sign with ST. J with Malik Stith ahead of him. ::) ::) ::)

LOL  You're rough, Celts.  I surely understand what you mean, though.

@Moose:  Plenty of "what if's" in agony's post.  Lindsey could still be here or in the NBA; Harrison looks like he can play some point, but envision him mainly playing off the ball; Thomas could share PG duties, if he's here in 2012; and, in reference to Stith....  I guess you can go back to Celtics's post.

I can see Anderson getting solid minutes prior to his junior season.  I know things can change and G'town's situation may seem ideal for Anderson.  But, he could and would fit in with the Johnnies, as well.   

« Reply #122 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
I'm guessing if we get Harrow Anderson is basically off the table.

Moose

« Reply #123 on: May 06, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0509/recruiting-coming-under-focus-for-kyle-anderson-jr/

Thanks gonzalo.   Looks like Kyle can play some D as well, shutting down Gilchrist like that.  Would hate to see him go to Seton Hall.   I'm sure Willard is telling him he'll play point and have the ball in his hands 80% of the time.

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2011, 06:44:34 AM »
I fear Georgetown far more than Seton Hall. They seem perfect for one another and at Georgetown he would be surrounded by great talent whereas at the Hall he would be the only blue chipper. Who knows what the kid wants.

« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
Interesting that Seton Hall  is recruiting a combination power forward point guard. Would one of the old timers (senior citizen etc ) provide the name of the  prior Hall's player who also was list as power forward point guard. Talking very early 1980s. He didn't turn out to be much.

« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:45 PM »
Damn, his skill set is too perfect a match for Georgetown's system. I think just from that perspective, Georgetown might be in the lead. And the Johnnies will already have a multitude a ball handlers (Lindsey, Harrison, Thomas, Stith will be a senior) so there might not be much minutes for Kyle til his Jr year maybe, and he's stated his preference for being a pg.

Lot of what if's in your post.
As much as I respect and personally like JTIII, his system is not that good for his guards for whatever reason u wish to attribute it to - Freeman was an exception...

« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:54 AM »
As much as I respect and personally like JTIII, his system is not that good for his guards for whatever reason u wish to attribute it to - Freeman was an exception...

I agree!  Granted, his system could work for Anderson, if JTIII places Anderson in a point forward role.  A role similiar to what Jeff Green played when he was at G'town.  I'm not sold on G'town being Anderson's best option, as the Johnnies also is a viable option for Anderson.

I've stated before that Anderson can certainly fit into what we wanna do on offense.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:50:12 AM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Me neither.  Nobody is recruiting Anderson as a point guard.

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
Anderson is playing at iS8 this weekend with the Playaz if anyone is interested....
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Marillac

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »

Yeah, but they don't run like us.  We allow many players to run the show in the halfcourt and anyone that can dribble can lead a fastbreak out of the zone.  Anderson would be a weapon for us as another point guard lining up as a 3 or 4.

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »
Anderson is playing at iS8 this weekend with the Playaz if anyone is interested....

Theo-Maybe you can get a quick interview with him assuming you are there this weekend?

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2011, 12:13:52 PM »

Theo-Maybe you can get a quick interview with him assuming you are there this weekend?

I'll be there all day Saturday. I'll grab him and others.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2011, 12:36:35 PM »

I'll be there all day Saturday. I'll grab him and others.

Please do Dave.  Ask him if he thinks because SHU is recruiting him the "hardest" does that mean they are ahead of everyone else?  That is the question no one seems to be asking.  Everyone assumes it is one in the same.

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2011, 09:09:07 PM »
Did anyone get a chance to talk to Kyle?

gonzalo

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/16/anderson-likes-seton-hall-st-johns/

At this point, the 6-foot-8 Anderson says both Seton Hall and St. John’s are in good shape for his services.

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/16/anderson-likes-seton-hall-st-johns/

At this point, the 6-foot-8 Anderson says both Seton Hall and St. John’s are in good shape for his services.
if we really want him and really start going after him we can get him i dont think he'll go to seton hall i know he said the other players are talented there but hes not stupid he knows theres a vast difference between the players at st johns georgetown and arizona i hope the scholarship situation works out tho

Marillac

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2011, 06:58:04 PM »
SH doesn't scare me at all.  What scares me is the scholarship limit.  LOL