Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #360 on: July 10, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
Is Mike Rice after him?

Rutgers has long been eliminated from Anderson's list of schools.  I still have a belief Rice was the (Big East)coach whom the Anderson's felt was being over the top in calling and texting.

« Reply #361 on: July 10, 2011, 11:30:14 PM »
Is Mike Rice after him?

Rutgers has long been eliminated from Anderson's list of schools.  I still have a belief Rice was the (Big East)coach whom the Anderson's felt was being over the top in calling and texting.

I forgot about that, thanks MJ! Actually, I was nuts thinking he goes to Seton Hall. Willard isnt exactly an offensive coach either

« Reply #362 on: July 11, 2011, 12:32:32 AM »
People Bad mouth the Princeton Offense, but they're wrong.

All the players JTIII has put in the league rave about the Princeton Offense. NBA GM's rave about how much Georgetown prepares it's players for the NBA. The former players who complain about the system are people making excuses for their short comings. The Princeton does restrict players in certain ways, but it does so to make them better players. Chris Wright's quote while he was preparing for the draft was him just trying to sell himself. He's told me how much he appreciated the princeton offense and how much it improved him as a well rounded player. He could've gone to a score like nova and put up gaudy numbers, but it wouldn't of changed his draft status and he'd have been worse for it because he never would've become the true point guard he became at Georgetown by his senior year. He would've been the same gunner he was in high school. The only other players to complain have been transfers who couldn't cut it like Jerimiah Rivers.

Georgetown's offense is not as methodical as it is made out to be by negative recruiting. Look for the Hoyas to change up a bit and losen the system with the roster changes this year. Kyle Anderson would be a perfect fit for the Princeton offense and it would maximize his potential and NBA chances. He'd be in the Jeff Green and Greg Monroe mold of excellent passing point forwards.

Basically any school in his final 5 would be great for Anderson because he's that good. No real point in arguing about it. What we say here won't affect anything. But it's fun.

« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:02 AM »
Seton Hall offered another 2012 PG today named Madison Jones.  Not sure if the timing is coincidental, but gotta like the fact that the same day Kyle picks the date he's announcing, Seton Hall offers another PG in the class.

Probably doesnt mean a thing all teams offer several players at all positions besides Seton Hall is probably a long shot anyways similar to what guys like Kemba Walker once were to us

The fact that they offered another PG for his class today certainly says something about how they are feeling about the situation.

Even if he did end up at Seton Hall they would still target and recruit other point guards. KA can play point but with his size and talent especially at a school like Seton Hall where they would need the extra scoring punch i'm almost certain they would use another point guard to get others involved and let KA do the scoring. We have Jevon coming in 2012 and we are still recruiting other point guards including Anderson. Anyways 9/20 is a long time from now and I doubt anyone including Anderson knows were he will end up

MCNPA

« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2011, 06:21:05 AM »

All the players JTIII has put in the league rave about the Princeton Offense. NBA GM's rave about how much Georgetown prepares it's players for the NBA. The former players who complain about the system are people making excuses for their short comings. The Princeton does restrict players in certain ways, but it does so to make them better players. Chris Wright's quote while he was preparing for the draft was him just trying to sell himself. He's told me how much he appreciated the princeton offense and how much it improved him as a well rounded player. He could've gone to a score like nova and put up gaudy numbers, but it wouldn't of changed his draft status and he'd have been worse for it because he never would've become the true point guard he became at Georgetown by his senior year. He would've been the same gunner he was in high school. The only other players to complain have been transfers who couldn't cut it like Jerimiah Rivers.

Georgetown's offense is not as methodical as it is made out to be by negative recruiting. Look for the Hoyas to change up a bit and losen the system with the roster changes this year. Kyle Anderson would be a perfect fit for the Princeton offense and it would maximize his potential and NBA chances. He'd be in the Jeff Green and Greg Monroe mold of excellent passing point forwards.

Basically any school in his final 5 would be great for Anderson because he's that good. No real point in arguing about it. What we say here won't affect anything. But it's fun.

Why would JT3 try to "change things up" and "loosen the system" that you just professed was so great for the fans, players and Kyle Anderson in the  prior paragraph?  I don't see it as the best offense for Kyle Anderson as it negates his effectiveness on the fast break. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:28:35 AM by MCNPA »

MCNPA

« Reply #365 on: July 11, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
Seton Hall offered another 2012 PG today named Madison Jones.  Not sure if the timing is coincidental, but gotta like the fact that the same day Kyle picks the date he's announcing, Seton Hall offers another PG in the class.

Probably doesnt mean a thing all teams offer several players at all positions besides Seton Hall is probably a long shot anyways similar to what guys like Kemba Walker once were to us

The fact that they offered another PG for his class today certainly says something about how they are feeling about the situation.

Even if he did end up at Seton Hall they would still target and recruit other point guards. KA can play point but with his size and talent especially at a school like Seton Hall where they would need the extra scoring punch i'm almost certain they would use another point guard to get others involved and let KA do the scoring. We have Jevon coming in 2012 and we are still recruiting other point guards including Anderson. Anyways 9/20 is a long time from now and I doubt anyone including Anderson knows were he will end up

If Kyle Anderson already set up his announcement date, I would bet money that he certainly knows where he will end up.  Often coaches do too which is why I'm not sure the timing of Willard's offer to the other PG is pure coincidence.  You don't book a wedding before you know who you're going to marry. 

« Reply #366 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »

If Kyle Anderson already set up his announcement date, I would bet money that he certainly knows where he will end up.  Often coaches do too which is why I'm not sure the timing of Willard's offer to the other PG is pure coincidence.  You don't book a wedding before you know who you're going to marry.

I mentioned the same a couple of days ago, MCN....  I believe Anderson has a pretty good idea where he's going to go on September 20th.  If, he backs out on committing to a school on that date then I'll believe he wasn't sure.  Otherwise, I'm under the belief he has his destination in mind.

Moose

« Reply #367 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
I don't think he necessarily knows where hes going.   But I do think 5 is really 2 and those two are us and Gtown.  I think he set that date to choose between the two.  If he knew now, why wait?  I think both schools offer a lot to him and its pretty much narrowed down.
Remember who broke the Slice news

gonzalo

« Reply #368 on: July 11, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »

We'll probably have the longest and most athletic team in the country (by a longshot) and we have no true pg. 

Is not Jevon Thomas a true pg?

« Reply #369 on: July 11, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
I don't think he necessarily knows where hes going.   But I do think 5 is really 2 and those two are us and Gtown.  I think he set that date to choose between the two.  If he knew now, why wait?  I think both schools offer a lot to him and its pretty much narrowed down.

Exactly if he knew that he wanted to go to St. Johns or to Georgetown or any of these schools he would commit now. He may leaning one way but he most likely doesn't have his choice completely made up

« Reply #370 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:49 AM »

Why would JT3 try to "change things up" and "loosen the system" that you just professed was so great for the fans, players and Kyle Anderson in the  prior paragraph?  I don't see it as the best offense for Kyle Anderson as it negates his effectiveness on the fast break.

He'll likely tweak the system to allow for better results with the type or recruiting class he brought in. He's not throwing out the princeton. You have to adjust your system to the talent you have. JT3 is still a young coach and learning and adjusting. The system is still in place. No where is there a rule that teams that run the princeton can't fast break. It's just reading what your defender is giving you and then taking advantage of that.

Georgetown will likely fast break more. Statistically Georgetown ran the fast break plenty rather it was the secondary break that was lacking. If we didn't score right away in transition than we were likely to run most of the shot clock after we started our half court offense. We never looked to score immediately after the defense set up. Georgetown has a bunch of long athletic players just like st. john's does. 

The princeton is predicated on getting the best shot possible. Normally that means an uncontested lay up or an open three pointer. Expect a lot more driving from Georgetown this year both on the break and in the half court sets. Last year's strength was our perimeter scoring. This year we don't have as many great 3pt shooters. Expect the team to adjust accordingly. Georgetown's tempo has been increasing through out JT3's tenure. We started out as one of the slowest teams in the country and now are middle of the pack in terms of tempo.

The offense has never been a problem at Georgetown. We've always ranked near the top of the efficiency ratings. Rather it's been the defense over the last couple of years that has been an issue. Hopefully our additional length across the board will help with that. We'll no longer play a 3 guard line up.

Marillac

« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2011, 04:13:29 AM »

We'll probably have the longest and most athletic team in the country (by a longshot) and we have no true pg. 

He is...but as of right now we "have" no true PG.  Very few teams can lay that claim.  There are no upperclassman clogging minutes there. 

Is not Jevon Thomas a true pg?

Marillac

« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »

The Princeton offense does a good job with forwards IMO...it can hold back guards a bit.  Green and Anderson as a comparison is a reach--Kyle does so much more off the bounce.  I thought Green was fantastic at G'Town, but the comparison is still a stretch.  Monroe and Kyle aren't even worth comparing.

« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2011, 07:13:57 AM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0711/hoop-group-elite-team-camp-final-recap-recruiting-notes/

Kyle Anderson will announce his decision on September 20th, his birthday. As we all have known for a whole now, it is Georgetown, UCLA, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Florida as his final five.

Anderson said Saturday that Seton Hall is still recruiting him the hardest and Georgetown has recruited him the longest since his freshman year.

How much of a factor will that be? We will all find out September 20th.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2011, 07:32:16 AM »
I'm not sure what recruiting him the "hardest" means at this point?  More phone calls and texts?  Anderson Sr. had said that he appreciated SJU's subtle approach, where they kept in contact but didn't force anything.   Tough read at this point, on whether that is something he really favors or not.  Interesting to see where he chooses.  Anderson can go to Seton Hall and be a banner recruit, but I don't think he'll get them very far as a team because they lack talent.  He can come to SJU and potentially win a national championship with the talent we have.  Hard to know what his priorities are. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
from east coast bias twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/ECoastBias

The East Coast Bias
@ECoastBias The East Coast Bias
#stjbb RT @nbesports: Kyle Anderson...27 pts, 14 rebs, 7 asts in Playaz 90-82 win over The Family.
23 minutes ago via HootSuite

NYCoffey

« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »
Also here's an article from Zagsblog.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/12/kyle-anderson-sweepstakes-heating-up/#more-54569

Is that a dig against Coach Lavin when Kyle Sr says " I would assume that all five head coaches that are recruiting him are here,” Kyle Anderson Sr., the Playaz coach, said after the game. “If they’re not, shame on them"   Just wondering because every other coach was in attendance.   I think Lavin is slacking a little.. might be time to dump him!

« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/07/12/kyle-anderson-sweepstakes-heating-up/#more-54569

Is that a dig against Coach Lavin when Kyle Sr says " I would assume that all five head coaches that are recruiting him are here,” Kyle Anderson Sr., the Playaz coach, said after the game. “If they’re not, shame on them"   Just wondering because every other coach was in attendance.   I think Lavin is slacking a little.. might be time to dump him!

That is a joke right???

MCNPA

« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

That is a joke right???

The article  says that Chiles was there yesterday, and that Lavin comes in tomorrow.  Then again, Lavin is probably the only coach of the bunch who is juggling recruiting trips and cancer treatments.  Just because a coach is not there one day and is there another is no big deal.  If he didn't show up for the tourney, then I would be more concerned.