Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

NYCoffey

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Is this whole KA Sr. thing totally speculation on what Seton Hall could possibly do in order to land Kyle, or is there some kind of rumor that its based off of? From what I see from this thread it went from a "what if" Seton Hall hires KA sr., to more of a "I cant believe they are trying to do this." Just curious if this is something that somebody has heard as an actual possibility, or if everyone is thinking outside the box on how Seton Hall could possibly land Kyle.

LJSA

« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »
Is this whole KA Sr. thing totally speculation on what Seton Hall could possibly do in order to land Kyle, or is there some kind of rumor that its based off of? From what I see from this thread it went from a "what if" Seton Hall hires KA sr., to more of a "I cant believe they are trying to do this." Just curious if this is something that somebody has heard as an actual possibility, or if everyone is thinking outside the box on how Seton Hall could possibly land Kyle.

Notice how the posters who are known to be insiders haven't shot down the speculation? Sometimes what's not said on this board is just as loud as what is said.

Gumby

« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2011, 06:42:35 PM »
I thought SH had a full load of coaches already.  If so, I would think the rumor would be shot down.

Also, why would KA Sr. lower himself to the ridicule associated with taking such a position due to his son?

« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2011, 07:11:58 PM »
I thought SH had a full load of coaches already.  If so, I would think the rumor would be shot down.

Also, why would KA Sr. lower himself to the ridicule associated with taking such a position due to his son?

Hopefully, all the noise is just chatter.  In the end, his father stays put (with the Playaz) and Kyle ends up in Queens.   ;)

NYCoffey

« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »

Notice how the posters who are known to be insiders haven't shot down the speculation? Sometimes what's not said on this board is just as loud as what is said.

NYCoffey

« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:40 PM »

That's what I was afraid of

« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2011, 09:17:10 PM »

Hopefully, all the noise is just chatter.  In the end, his father stays put (with the Playaz) and Kyle ends up in Queens.   ;)

Told that this rumor has legs.

« Reply #447 on: July 15, 2011, 09:26:59 PM »
If this happens so be it. Seton Hall is going to suck for a long time. I cant say I blame Willard for the desperation because quite frankly if this was 5 years ago I would have been all for Norm doing something like that because he wasnt pulling in the high profile recruits. I suspect I'm not the only one that would have been for that at the time.

Luckily with Lavin we are dealing from a position of strength in regards to recruiting and no longer do we need to rely solely on one recruit.

I hope we get Kyle but life goes on either way and there are a ton of top recruits in our future with Lavin as coach

Marillac

« Reply #448 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »

Coach Willard needs to copy Coach Lavin and Coach Rice more and recruit a number of talented players from around the country.

His incoming 7 man 2011 class is from Texas, NJ, CT, Cali, Mass, Wisconsin and the Canary Islands.

And sadly he would have more talent if he just took the seniors from St. Patricks or St. Anthonys down the street.

« Reply #449 on: July 15, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »

Oh!  I don't doubt it one bit, fordham.  Hence, why I said the Hall was gonna let Kyle drive the bus to games. 

I agree with you, maher.  I would've been all for it with Norm at the helm.  No more, now that we have Lavin and Co. 

I really want this kid, but the other schools involved with Anderson isn't desperate as the Hall.  The kid is a winner and a very good, smart player.  But, if the Hall were to offer Kyle, Sr. a spot on their bench then what can we do?  IMO, the Hall will suck for a long time and Willard probably feels like he's a drowning man and Kyle, Jr. is a life jacket.   

Unfortunately, it'll be similiar to a band-aid over a bullet wound....  Temporary relief.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:52:54 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #450 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
If this happens so be it. Seton Hall is going to suck for a long time. I cant say I blame Willard for the desperation because quite frankly if this was 5 years ago I would have been all for Norm doing something like that because he wasnt pulling in the high profile recruits. I suspect I'm not the only one that would have been for that at the time.

Luckily with Lavin we are dealing from a position of strength in regards to recruiting and no longer do we need to rely solely on one recruit.

I hope we get Kyle but life goes on either way and there are a ton of top recruits in our future with Lavin as coach

Agreed.  Look I am not convinced that ultimately SHU will go that route (although again I'm told it is being discussed) and more importantly I am not convinced Kyle Sr would say yes anyway.

« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »

Oh!  I don't doubt it one bit, fordham.  Hence, why I said the Hall was gonna let Kyle drive the bus to games. 

I agree with you, maher.  I would've been all for it with Norm at the helm.  No more, now that we have Lavin and Co. 

I really want this kid, but the other schools involved with Anderson isn't desperate as the Hall.  If, the Hall were to offer Kyle, Sr. a spot on their bench then what can we do?  IMO, the Hall will suck for a long time and Willard probably feels like he's a drowning man and Kyle, Jr. is a life jacket. 

Norm should have hired Mr Landesberg. ;)

But it does look like Willard's career might hinge on Anderson. Willards first mistake was taking the Seton hall job, his 2nd was bringing his whole Iona staff with him. Should have just brought Shaheen Holloway than hired some X and O guys and recruiters, like Lavin did. Willard and Cooley are in trouble in the Big East, just like Keno Davis was.

Marillac

« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »

I really want this kid, but the other schools involved with Anderson isn't desperate as the Hall.  If, the Hall were to offer Kyle, Sr. a spot on their bench then what can we do?  IMO, the Hall will suck for a long time and Willard probably feels like he's a drowning man and Kyle, Jr. is a life jacket. 

But it does look like Willard's career might hinge on Anderson. Willards first mistake was taking the Seton hall job, his 2nd was bringing his whole Iona staff with him. Should have just brought Shaheen Holloway than hired some X and O guys and recruiters, like Lavin did. Willard and Cooley are in trouble in the Big East, just like Keno Davis was.

Cluess has a better staff at Iona than Willard does at SHU!

« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »

He doesn't have the money nor the relationships to do that.  It is not that easy to simpy hire staff.  Lavin was not able to hire Dunlap because of money, remember Dunlap could have plenty of jobs.  He has known Lavin for 25 years.

And Cooley got a little lucky landing Andre LaFleur from UCONN.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:19:38 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #454 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »

Cluess has a better staff at Iona than Willard does at SHU!

Cluess has a better system(offensively anyway) imo, watching Willards teams was like watching paint dry. But he did do a great job bringing Iona back after the Ruland debacle. KW had a rough time getting out of the 1st round of the MAAC tourny, Im not sure he ever did. 

Cluess did a great job getting Jared Grasso right away.Actually, I wouldnt be surprised if CLuess was replacing KW or Cooley in a few years

« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »

He doesn't have the money nor the relationships to do that.

Ok question. Playing devils advocate. I think I remember reading Kyle's dad is a teacher or something like that aside from coaching summer ball. Financially speaking-knowing Seton Hall doesnt pay that much and having a pretty good job ( if it's anything like long island teachers ) with probably great benefits ( he must get paid something also for coaching summer ball also ? ) is the Seton Hall job worth it financially knowing that if your son goes there they will still stink and the coach could be dead man walking in a couple of years.

MCNPA

« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »

He doesn't have the money nor the relationships to do that.

Ok question. Playing devils advocate. I think I remember reading Kyle's dad is a teacher or something like that aside from coaching summer ball. Financially speaking-knowing Seton Hall doesnt pay that much and having a pretty good job ( if it's anything like long island teachers ) with probably great benefits ( he must get paid something also for coaching summer ball also ? ) is the Seton Hall job worth it financially knowing that if your son goes there they will still stink and the coach could be dead man walking in a couple of years.

Not devil's advocate...just realistic.  I personally doubt KA sr. Would take that job, but it doesn't mean' that Willard hasn't discussed the possibility.  Bottom line is that Seton Hall is an all around poor fit for Kyle anderson.  A team without a proven coach, and one with little talent.  If we're going to lose Kyle, my guess would be that it should be to an equivalent or better program that is currently on an upward trajectory. 

I'm sorry to see that the Hall is mixed up in this because they have the most to lose in this fight.  Like I said before, I find it hard to bet against Steve Lavin when he zeroes in on a recruit.  We aren't pursuing many besides gathers and Anderson actively so it tells me that that the staff feels real good about our chances with both.  I think we'll probably end up landing them both.  Just like that gut feeling that Norm was always going to fall short, it tells me Lavin won't.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:56:39 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »
Zagoria Tweeted:

Kyle Anderson Sr. will not end up as an assistant coach or on the staff at his son's college, multiple sources with knowledge told SNY.tv.

« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:23 PM »
Zagoria Tweeted:

Kyle Anderson Sr. will not end up as an assistant coach or on the staff at his son's college, multiple sources with knowledge told SNY.tv.

he just happened to tweet this while it's being discussed here ? LOL

Good to hear though

redslope

« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
Zagoria Tweeted:

question for those who understand the regulations of the NCAA: how would this have been allowable if Mo Hicks can't have kids he coached in the last 2 years attend our school.  Did his father coach him AAU ball?  if so wouldn't the 2 year rule apply?