Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

boo3

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #560 on: July 27, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
 Well, if your recruiting a kid out of high school to go to your college, high school career would matter, no?.  My point is if your a coach recruiting the kids you do not have the luxury of looking into the future and knowing how long a kid is going to stay in school.  Wall was much more highly regarded coming out of high school.  As a college recruiter you take Wall if given the choice.  10 out of 10 times.  That was my point.

Poison

« Reply #561 on: July 28, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »
If a one and done leads your program to a championship it was obviously a good idea to bring him on board.
Since that's happened twice in the modern era of the game, I'm more confident in bringing in players who care about being here.

Sweating these kids, who are often delusional about their own ability can set your program back a year. (at least)

If Anderson has no intention of playing more than one season here, I'm fine with him going to Seton Hall. He can play PG, SG, SF, PF & C all at the same if he likes. It's wouldn't really matter anyway. They're going nowhere w him our w out.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 06:42:21 PM by Poison »

Marillac

« Reply #562 on: July 28, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
Typical off-season debate with both sides saying pretty much the same thing, but somehow disagreeing about it!!!

Of course adding Kyle would be awesome.  He'll be our first McDonald's All-American under Lavin--although we might be in the running for three if we sign him with Reinhardt and Gathers--and he's a top 10 consensus player.  That is a statement.  He'll also be pretty deadly spreading the ball to our athletic squad.  Also, something that is almost never mentioned, he gives us another shooter outside of the back court. 

The other side is that if KA is on the floor then one of our fantastic forwards or combo guards will have to be on the bench.  That is what MCN and a few others are really saying.  KA is like the cherry on top of a sundae.  We'll be very good without him, but we should be better with him.  Isn't that really what his father was talking about when he called Kyle the ultimate Robin?

FWIW, I don't think this kid is a one and done...perhaps two and done, but he'll need to get himself a pro body and learn to play against the best athletes in the world.  Not all of his tricks will work at the next two levels.  You can't make the league if you lack above average athletic ability AND you you have below average strength. 

« Reply #563 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:24 AM »
If I'm Kyle I have to be looking closely at Lavin and Staff. They are tailor made to get kids to the NBA. It a no-brainer

« Reply #564 on: July 28, 2011, 09:02:03 AM »
The other side is that if KA is on the floor then one of our fantastic forwards or combo guards will have to be on the bench.  That is what MCN and a few others are really saying.  KA is like the cherry on top of a sundae.  We'll be very good without him, but we should be better with him.  Isn't that really what his father was talking about when he called Kyle the ultimate Robin?

FWIW, I don't think this kid is a one and done...perhaps two and done, but he'll need to get himself a pro body and learn to play against the best athletes in the world.  Not all of his tricks will work at the next two levels.  You can't make the league if you lack above average athletic ability AND you you have below average strength. 

How about Kyle in the backcourt with Harrison and the other uber-athletic forwards (Pelle, included)?  Yikes!  Talk about length on the floor. 

You're right, Marillac....  Kyle is like the cherry on top of a wonderful tasting sundae.  He'll bring out the sundae, per se'.  IMO, that sounds like exactly what his dad was referring to a few weeks ago.

I also do not believe Anderson is one-and-done.  It's always a possibility, but I think he's a 2-to-3 year college player.  In the end, I'd LOVE to have this kid for a couple of years, if that is the case.

Poison

« Reply #565 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »
Does anyone remember our last one done?

« Reply #566 on: July 28, 2011, 09:38:23 AM »

Omar Cook.

Moose

« Reply #567 on: July 28, 2011, 10:11:34 AM »

Omar Cook.

And prior to that was there ever another one?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #568 on: July 28, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »

Omar Cook.

And prior to that was there ever another one?

Michael Porter.   ;)  J/K

« Reply #569 on: July 28, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
- In speaking with Kyle Anderson, he stated that he and his parents will discuss his recruitment, with the question centering around Dominic Artis commiting to UCLA a few days ago. The Bruins are on his list along with Florida, Georgetown, St. John’s and Seton Hall.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0728/2011-desert-duel-memorial-day-one-recap/

« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »
I may be wrong, but based on twitter accounts, JTIII has not been to Phoenix to see Anderson play. Lavin, Donnovan, Howland and Willard have been there and are there currently. This may mean something, or it may mean nothing. Just food for thought.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:17:24 PM by SJUhoopNUT »

« Reply #571 on: July 28, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
I may be wrong, but based on twitter accounts, JTIII has not been to Phoenix to see Anderson play. Lavin, Donnovan, Howland and Willard have been there and are there currently. This may mean something, or it may mean nothing. Just food for thought.

JTIII has been in Orlando tracking kids like Nerlens Noel, Troy Williams and his own 2012 recruit, Brandon Bolden.  I'm sure he'll make his way out to Phoenix, if he hasn't already.

« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »

JTIII may/may not have been there but Georgetown clearly had coaches there:

Schools at the New Jersey Playaz (17Œs) vs. I-Can All-Stars game included St. Johnfs*, Pittsburgh*, Seton Hall*, Florida*, UCLA*, Nevada*, Miami*, Georgetown, Villanova, Monmouth, UC Irvine, Siena, Xavier, Fairleigh Dickinson, Boston College and Temple. A number the head coaches made an appearance for Kyle Anderson (2012), one of the most versatile players in his class.

« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »

JTIII may/may not have been there but Georgetown clearly had coaches there:

Schools at the New Jersey Playaz (17Œs) vs. I-Can All-Stars game included St. Johnfs*, Pittsburgh*, Seton Hall*, Florida*, UCLA*, Nevada*, Miami*, Georgetown, Villanova, Monmouth, UC Irvine, Siena, Xavier, Fairleigh Dickinson, Boston College and Temple. A number the head coaches made an appearance for Kyle Anderson (2012), one of the most versatile players in his class.

Yeah, they had an assistant or two in Phoenix.  I guess the schools with asterisks beside their names are the schools who had their head coaches present.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:33:29 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #574 on: July 28, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
- In speaking with Kyle Anderson, he stated that he and his parents will discuss his recruitment, with the question centering around Dominic Artis commiting to UCLA a few days ago. The Bruins are on his list along with Florida, Georgetown, St. John’s and Seton Hall.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0728/2011-desert-duel-memorial-day-one-recap/

If Artis would be enough to discourage Anderson from choosing UCLA, wouldn't Braxton Ogbueze, a PG who is rated #29 overall by ESPNU and committed to Florida for 2012, enough to cross Florida off the list?  After all, ESPNU doesn't even have Artis listed in its top 100 for 2012.

I know of one school that doesn't have a single pure PG ;)  I think this looks very good for us. 

crgreen

« Reply #575 on: July 28, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »

How about Kyle in the backcourt with Harrison and the other uber-athletic forwards (Pelle, included)?  Yikes!  Talk about length on the floor. 

You're right, Marillac....  Kyle is like the cherry on top of a wonderful tasting sundae.  He'll bring out the sundae, per se'.  IMO, that sounds like exactly what his dad was referring to a few weeks ago.

I also do not believe Anderson is one-and-done.  It's always a possibility, but I think he's a 2-to-3 year college player.  In the end, I'd LOVE to have this kid for a couple of years, if that is the case.

Only way I see Kyle as a One and Done is if he actually LEADS us to a Final Four as a freshman.   Not contributes to a final four - LEADS (there's a huge difference).   I think that's the only way the questons in the minds of GM's would be answered satisfactorily after only one season of college ball.  Demonstrate the ability to put a team on your back and carry it all the way, and yeah - I'll take a flyer on you!

crgreen

« Reply #576 on: July 28, 2011, 06:57:35 PM »

If Artis would be enough to discourage Anderson from choosing UCLA, wouldn't Braxton Ogbueze, a PG who is rated #29 overall by ESPNU and committed to Florida for 2012, enough to cross Florida off the list?  After all, ESPNU doesn't even have Artis listed in its top 100 for 2012.

I know of one school that doesn't have a single pure PG ;)  I think this looks very good for us.

Don't forget Artis is JOINING former McD AA Larry Drew III, who'll play his senior year as the Bruin's PG after sitting out his transfer this year.  While UNC fans say he sucks, he sucked to the tune of 220 assists for the the 2010 season (At UCLA 220 assists in a season would be 2nd best ever.  At St. Johns, it would be the 3rd best ever.  EVER)...The combination of BOTH Artis and Drew in Westwood for 2012 is likely what is going to be discussed.  Thow in yesterdays suspension of 2011 Sr. PG Jerime Anderson after being arrested for stealing a MacBook Pro (he didn't know it had Lojac, and was arrested with it IN HIS HANDS) - there's a good chance he's gone for the year.  That may mean that 6'5 JC AA D'end Parker, who Played PG for two years at JC but was scheduled to play the 3 for the Bruins this year, might have to be the Backup PG this year.   And HE will also be there in 2012...and there are a couple of scenarios where Parker is the INCUMBANT PG for 2012.

« Reply #577 on: July 29, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »

LJSA

« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
Well, we know where Dana Dingle stands. Now we just have to see whether Anderson wants to pass to Canty and Dan Dingle or to our more talented guys.