Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1960 on: September 15, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
Bobby Hurley Jr. Was the obvious answer there, but there is also McLeod and even Danny Hurley has sent at least one player--Lance Thomas-- to Duke.

So 1 player 2 decades ago establishes a connection? This was what raised my question.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #1961 on: September 15, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »

So 1 player 2 decades ago establishes a connection? This was what raised my question.

I'd say taking care of your SON and coaching the hell out of him, and still being great friends with him, would be a damn strong connection.

« Reply #1962 on: September 15, 2011, 06:36:36 PM »

I'd say taking care of your SON and coaching the hell out of him, and still being great friends with him, would be a damn strong connection.

Then why did Mike Rosario not go to Duke? At the end of the day Coach K recruits whoever he wants. I don't disagree there is a great relationship between the two men but a recruiting connection not so much.

« Reply #1963 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:56 PM »
Can't believe how nonchalant your board is about all the news of the day.  First 3 of your top recruits are ineligible ...then there is all this smoke about Kyle going to ucla.  I commend you guys for being so calm....but after a 100 page thread...thought there'd be more concern/ disappointment. 

I for one didn't think Kyle would be lured from the BE....if I were a betting man, I'd say he's gone.

Dan

« Reply #1964 on: September 15, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
now that they lost about half the team, this probably further hurts their chances of getting anderson

« Reply #1965 on: September 15, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
now that they lost about half the team, this probably further hurts their chances of getting anderson

I guess that HallDan guy posts on here afterall

Dan

« Reply #1966 on: September 15, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »

who are you even talking about?

SHU is small time, they can't get Anderson.  UCLA is going to snag him.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:52:16 PM by Dan »

« Reply #1967 on: September 15, 2011, 07:05:10 PM »

Very Funny, didn't pick that up.  But this Dan's a BEB troll from way back.  Picks today to show up/reappear on both RM and JJ.   If that doesn't say it all I'm not sure what does.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:06:00 PM by yankcranker »

Dan

« Reply #1968 on: September 15, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »

Very Funny, didn't pick that up.  But this Dan's a BEB troll from way back.  Picks today to show up/reappear on both RM and JJ.   If that doesn't say it all I'm not sure what does.

Well this is a big news day.  I haven't been around because it's been slow with the offseason and such.  I'm actually a mod on BEB so I don't think I come around and troll to bait STJ fans.  You just might be a little delusional.  This could very well effect the recruitment of Anderson.  Or am I wrong?

« Reply #1969 on: September 15, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »

Well this is a big news day.  I haven't been around because it's been slow with the offseason and such.  I'm actually a mod on BEB so I don't think I come around and troll to bait STJ fans.  You just might be a little delusional.  This could very well effect the recruitment of Anderson.  Or am I wrong?
you're not wrong, just delusional.  What team is your favorite and the one you root for?

Dan

« Reply #1970 on: September 15, 2011, 07:15:01 PM »

you're not wrong, just delusional.  What team is your favorite and the one you root for?

St. John's obviously...I think it's embarrassing how homer-centric this website gets.  It's an honest question and there have been swirlings that Anderson is off to UCLA which I hope is wrong.  Losing three top 100 recruits can't help, I'm just saying.

kob24

« Reply #1971 on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
yall are really really really #$%^ing crazy. holy shit.

« Reply #1972 on: September 15, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »

St. John's obviously...I think it's embarrassing how homer-centric this website gets.  It's an honest question and there have been swirlings that Anderson is off to UCLA which I hope is wrong.  Losing three top 100 recruits can't help, I'm just saying.

So what's your solution...call kids and the school names.  Let me know how it goes.  We are in a new realm...if you followed the recruiting you knew this was a possibility.

It's not embarrassing as this is what a lot of teams go through when dealing with this caliber of an athlete.  It sucks for this year but we will be fine.

As for Anderson...he's a top 5 national recruit..is it really a failure if we don't get him?  We have a top 30 in Gathers and no doubt Lavin will be after another talented player if Anderson doesn't choose us.  Where were you when we got good news about Gathers?  On a bad news day I see 20 posts from you?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Dan

« Reply #1973 on: September 15, 2011, 07:27:46 PM »

So what's your solution...call kids and the school names.  Let me know how it goes.  We are in a new realm...if you followed the recruiting you knew this was a possibility.

It's not embarrassing as this is what a lot of teams go through when dealing with this caliber of an athlete.  It sucks for this year but we will be fine.

As for Anderson...he's a top 5 national recruit..is it really a failure if we don't get him?  We have a top 30 in Gathers and no doubt Lavin will be after another talented player if Anderson doesn't choose us.  Where were you when we got good news about Gathers?  On a bad news day I see 20 posts from you?

aside from saying this situation is embarrassing...which it is, I haven't. I haven't called out the players at all, you're not reading.

It's not a failure if we don't get Anderson but I was wondering aloud if this situation will effect his recruitment...is that so wrong to ask?

Also I can't be on here all the time, I've been here during wins and losses...keep questioning my fandom, it's beyond idiotic.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:28:20 PM by Dan »

« Reply #1974 on: September 15, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »

aside from saying this situation is embarrassing...which it is, I haven't. I haven't called out the players at all, you're not reading.

It's not a failure if we don't get Anderson but I was wondering aloud if this situation will effect his recruitment...is that so wrong to ask?

Also I can't be on here all the time, I've been here during wins and losses...keep questioning my fandom, it's beyond idiotic.
If Kyle comes to SJ, it didn't affect his recruitment.  If he doesn't, many will point to this as a reason, even if it's not.  I would think if he doesn't choose here, Kyle will tow the party line, be politically correct, and say it had no effect on him.  We might not know in that case. 

« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »

Agreed.  Some people need to go out and watch a movie....

But hey it is hell of a lot more interesting then sitting here discussing Quincy Roberts, Phil Wait and Ty Edmondson that is for damn sure.

Moose

« Reply #1976 on: September 15, 2011, 09:21:54 PM »

Agreed.  Some people need to go out and watch a movie....

But hey it is hell of a lot more interesting then sitting here discussing Quincy Roberts, Phil Wait and Ty Edmondson that is for damn sure.

Think Quincy regrets leaving :)

Sorry couldnt resist.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1977 on: September 15, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
Some people really show their true colors on a day like today...You can really see peoples true character in times of adversity...Especially the ones who always try and rile up St. John's fans and the ones who never post but picked today to show up and finally post again...It's very easy to see through and you are only fooling yourself

I highly doubt other kids not getting qualified has anything to do with KA...If anything, he might like that there is another scholarship or two eventually available for one of his boys like Jefferson, etc...I would think that he's not mad at Lavin because some kids didn't get their academics under control

There are a lot of posters on here who you wouldn't exactly want in a foxhole with you and only try to instigate crap with other posters...Unfortunately that takes away from what is a great website

« Reply #1978 on: September 15, 2011, 11:44:36 PM »
Can't believe how nonchalant your board is about all the news of the day.  First 3 of your top recruits are ineligible ...then there is all this smoke about Kyle going to ucla.  I commend you guys for being so calm....but after a 100 page thread...thought there'd be more concern/ disappointment. 

I for one didn't think Kyle would be lured from the BE....if I were a betting man, I'd say he's gone.

It wasn't a shock for anyone who is a part of the community here. Everyone knew there was a chance of this happening so it's not that big of a deal. Regardless this place is usually pretty level headed with things.

As for Kyle to UCLA what is this the 4th report in 4 days of him going to one school or another? This one may have most weight but you'll know in a few days for sure from him.

In other news I was drinking some beers with Phil Wait the other day at a Monmouth bar. He's a far better drinker than a basketball player.

« Reply #1979 on: September 15, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »

I certainly welcome you as I would anyone to post here but it is strange your posts do come at opportune times. As for calling it "embarrassing" it's far from it. Regardless this thread is about Kyle Anderson. Let's keep it that way please.