Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2080 on: September 18, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
Seton Hall guys are saying we're out and have dropped out b/c of poor in-home presentation.  Saying they lead slightly over UCLA w/Florida still in play.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.  Would be interesting to know what went down at the in-home if what they're saying is true.

We never had an in-home unless it was done in the dark.  So, that is BS.  They must mean it was G'town who had a poor in-home presentation.

They never had an in home.

Exactly, my point!  They are making up BS, if they claim it was Lavin.  I'm of the belief Lavin would've aced the in-home. 

We'll all find out where he's headed very shortly.

MCNPA

« Reply #2081 on: September 18, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »
Seems pretty obvious now that he is not coming here which is a shame because he could have done really well here I think. I think he probably strongly considered us but with all the talk of UCLA and even SH it seems all but over. The best thing is to just be pleasantly shocked if he does indeed announce for us, probably time to move on because theres nothing else we can do. The staff we know has some good backup options lined up, Lavin always does.

Nothing is obvious.  There are a lot of bogus rumors out there.  That is what's obvious.  Let it play out.

Dan

« Reply #2082 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...
  Its nice to see one of our posters talking an elite recruit out of coming to SJU.

It's an opinion.  I think that his opinion is wrong and St. John's still has a shot (although I don't know what %) but he is entitled to it, and, quite frankly, you're a bully.  On the internet.

MNCPA's response to him was a lot more level headed...let it play out.  I'm not sure how the not qualifying deal will work out in regards to KA at all, if it means anything, but...who knows.  Any backlash towards negativity or questioning by others is an attempt to stifle opinions of others, sorry if you disagree with others.

Wods317

« Reply #2083 on: September 18, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
Seems pretty obvious now that he is not coming here which is a shame because he could have done really well here I think. I think he probably strongly considered us but with all the talk of UCLA and even SH it seems all but over. The best thing is to just be pleasantly shocked if he does indeed announce for us, probably time to move on because theres nothing else we can do. The staff we know has some good backup options lined up, Lavin always does.

Nothing is obvious.  There are a lot of bogus rumors out there.  That is what's obvious.  Let it play out.

My point is theres no use in driving yourself crazy, our chance to convince KA to come here is over and now all we can do is wait. Most reports say we have slipped back so don't get your hopes up because the way some people have been following this it seems they are going to devastated if we don't get him. Relax everyone is all I am saying.

ras

« Reply #2084 on: September 18, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
our recruits not qualifying plus cuse and pitt leaving... and potentially uconn and rutgers! no way does he come here or SH.  the BE could potentially be one of the weaker conferences by the time he gets to college. this ship has sailed...
  Its nice to see one of our posters talking an elite recruit out of coming to SJU.

It's an opinion.  I think that his opinion is wrong and St. John's still has a shot (although I don't know what %) but he is entitled to it, and, quite frankly, you're a bully.  On the internet.

MNCPA's response to him was a lot more level headed...let it play out.  I'm not sure how the not qualifying deal will work out in regards to KA at all, if it means anything, but...who knows.  Any backlash towards negativity or questioning by others is an attempt to stifle opinions of others, sorry if you disagree with others.
  I never said his points are invalid. I just dont like posters on this site giving reasons why KA should not come here

« Reply #2085 on: September 18, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
A Florida "insider" claims (keyword: claims) Anderson is gonna announce for UF, and the Gators supposedly have another in-home on tomorrow.  Huh?   ???   LOL 

The wackiness will subside soon.

« Reply #2086 on: September 18, 2011, 09:24:54 PM »
any of our insiders have a last second prediction?  Been a crazy couple of days, but still feel like he is coming. Top staff, proximity, msg, spot light! Close it Steve.  NYC needs the ultimate point to LEAD us back.

Moose

« Reply #2087 on: September 18, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
You know what.  I dont even care anymore.  This last week has done so much to turn me off to college athletics I dont really even care anymore.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2088 on: September 18, 2011, 09:44:42 PM »
Dave - where do you think Kyle will end up?

In college

So you have heard from the NCAA.

Marillac

« Reply #2089 on: September 18, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »
Does anyone actuallythink this kid is still deciding?  Holy crap?  The last few weeks must have been tedious for this kid...stressful, horrible.  He limited his choice to five schools and set a day because he couldn't go wrong with any of those schools in his mind.  He probably just wanted to get it over wtih before his high schools season got under way in a matter of weeks and his bday is the perfect time to do it.

I'm not sure even Kyle Anderson knows where hie is going at this point.  I hope UF and UCLA cancel each other out and he chooses for us, but I really don't think he even knows at this point unless it is going to be UF after his last visit. 

« Reply #2090 on: September 18, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
I really liked our chances before the 3 players didn't qualify yet, however I believe that same report could have hurt our chances.  I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Lavin is currently (4) spots short going into next year/next season/2012-2013 if all the said 3 players don't end up qualifying or they choose to go elsewhere once they qualify, and also if Anderson decides to go elsewhere so we need to get hopping on other potential recruits ASAP.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:23:51 PM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #2091 on: September 18, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
A Florida "insider" claims (keyword: claims) Anderson is gonna announce for UF, and the Gators supposedly have another in-home on tomorrow.  Huh?   ???   LOL 

The wackiness will subside soon.

Just think of the irony.... If Florida gets him, Norm would have landed his first top 50 player"....... For another program...  LMAO  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

« Reply #2092 on: September 18, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
You know what.  I dont even care anymore.  This last week has done so much to turn me off to college athletics I dont really even care anymore.

I didn't care from the beginning....... I don't think that the kid is as good as everyone thinks and this next level may show that.

« Reply #2093 on: September 18, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »
The Latest rumor is that Kyle is having an in home of sorts with Seton Hall, UCLA, and Florida tomorrow night.

2 options.

These are the three that lead and he wants one more talk with all 3.

or

These are the three that he's cutting and he wants to tell them to his face that he won't be coming.

:)

« Reply #2094 on: September 18, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »
The Latest rumor is that Kyle is having an in home of sorts with Seton Hall, UCLA, and Florida tomorrow night.

2 options.

or

These are the three that he's cutting and he wants to tell them to his face that he won't be coming.

If, that rumor has any truth to it then you can forget the latter.  I also doubt he and his family would have all those coaches come in again to tell them he's not coming to their respective schools.   

I'll also add that I think that scenario is crazy, if there is any truth to it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:54:50 PM by mjdinkins »

Gumby

« Reply #2095 on: September 18, 2011, 10:42:19 PM »
What gloom and dome!  Relax!

I think we are all beat with this recruitment.  It has been a very draining experience.  Do you realize that JJ probably has had more KA posts than the other four schools combined?

KA is coming to St. John's!

By the way, what "reports" have him going somewhere else? There are no reports, only the other colleges' fans spreading misinformation.

The only reason UF would be somewhere in NJ on Monday would be to take back their IPads.  Sore losers!  Coach Roberts getting a top recruit, get real!

I love the posters asking for Dave's opinion on where KA is going.  Those are classic posts.  Hang in there Dave!  All will be right with the world, at less St. John's world, come Tuesday morning.

My KA party in the desert is still on for 6 p.m., Tuesday. Do not be late and wear red!

« Reply #2096 on: September 18, 2011, 10:48:04 PM »
What gloom and dome!  Relax!

I think we are all beat with this recruitment.  It has been a very draining experience.  Do you realize that JJ probably has had more KA posts than the other four schools combined?

KA is coming to St. John's!

By the way, what "reports" have him going somewhere else? There are no reports, only the other colleges' fans spreading misinformation.

The only reason UF would be somewhere in NJ on Monday would be to take back their IPads.  Sore losers!  Coach Roberts getting a top recruit, get real!

I love the posters asking for Dave's opinion on where KA is going.  Those are classic posts.  Hang in there Dave!  All will be right with the world, at less St. John's world, come Tuesday morning.

My KA party in the desert is still on for 6 p.m., Tuesday. Do not be late and wear red!

Well, I hope you are right and know something we don't. Because the past couple weeks we're an afterthought in every KA rumor. I was as optimistic as you were a few weeks ago, sorry to say I no longer feel he is coming here, especially with all the bad news St. John's has recently received.

Moose

« Reply #2097 on: September 18, 2011, 11:37:52 PM »

2 options.

or

If, that rumor has any truth to it then you can forget the latter.  I also doubt he and his family would have all those coaches come in again to tell them he's not coming to their respective schools.   

I'll also add that I think that scenario is crazy, if there is any truth to it.

Eric Bossi of Rivals is saying those 3 schools are in fact having in homes tomorrow.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #2098 on: September 18, 2011, 11:43:14 PM »
Wow mj...just wow.  You really find it impossible to believe that Kyle is still deciding. 

« Reply #2099 on: September 18, 2011, 11:43:44 PM »
Eric Bossi of Rivals is saying those 3 schools are in fact having in homes tomorrow.

Wow!  I guess someone is going to do a jig tomorrow to get a commitment.  An odd scenario, if you ask me.  Well, I guess that is all she wrote for us.