Polee

• 40 replies
Re: Polee
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 04:59:58 PM »
polee will be a star THIS year.  period.

I agree. He might make Boothe look like David Cain

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 05:22:51 PM »
I think he might already be our best finisher and shot blocker. When he gets a few games under his belt and gains some confidence, sky is the limit. Literally

All from a 3 min youtube highlight film.  What would we do without your insight? He won't be the best player on the team in 2011-2012. 

If he is our best player by mid season that means we aren't having a good year.

I went to the Marillac school of breaking down 2 minute clips.

Good one...ridiculous thread, though.  Freshman rarely produce in the first year.  I'm hoping that Polee can have a similar impact to what Hakim Warrick did as a freshman...which is finish like crazy, provide energy, and block and rebound a bit.  I"m sure he'll be pretty nice on the inbounds alley-oops as well.

So he'll provide energy,rebound,finish like crazy, dunk on some heads-a Warrick type. Looks like you agree with me, he might be our best player. Who else on this team brings all that to the table?

Warrick averaged 6 PPG, 5 RPG as a frosh.  That's not going to make Polee STJ's best player.

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 11:13:16 PM »
2 other posters agree with me, smart move. Polee will be the best player on the team 12 games into the year

Poison

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
Warrick improved greatly as the season went on. He was ready to be a star the very next season. If Polee gives us that, is be thrilled.

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 11:19:17 PM »
Warrick improved greatly as the season went on. He was ready to be a star the very next season. If Polee gives us that, is be thrilled.

Who else was on that Cuse team when Warrrick was a freshman?

Poison

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »
Josh Pace. Jeremy McNeil. Deshaun Williams. Craig Forth. That's all I got.

I believe Billy Edelin was suspended for the season for sexual assault.

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »

i always liked josh pace and billy edelins games
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »

Preston Schumpert and Keuth Duany

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »
Hardy
kennedy
Polee
 :-[

Poison

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »
Shumpert could shoot it, and Duany was one of those guys that rode the pine early, but turned into a solid BE starter by his senior year.

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »
My prediction

Unfortunately DJ and Evans in doghouse their entire senior years. This becomes the Hardy and Polee show,sprinkle in some Brownlee,Horne and Boothe

Poison

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
My prediction

Unfortunately DJ and Evans in doghouse their entire senior years. This becomes the Hardy and Polee show,sprinkle in some Brownlee,Horne and Boothe

DJ is the best player on the team. Why would he be the doghouse?

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »
Anyone want to change their vote?

boo3

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
 After one game?   that no one saw, except a few crazies.   ;)

I hope Polee is as good as some say.  I still think if he's our best player , we won't go very far.

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 08:02:19 PM »

I hope Polee is as good as some say.  I still think if he's our best player , we won't go very far.

Did you think we were going far with DJ as our best player? Polee is LAvin's boy now

boo3

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »

Did you think we were going far with DJ as our best player? Polee is LAvin's boy now

Not necessarily.   I'll be happy if we make the Dance this year.  Is that going far?  Not really.  Like to see us make a run to the semis in the BE tourney.  As long as its fun again.  It will be,  i have no doubt.   I'm not going to live and die with every game this season though.  Next year and especially the following year are going to be great fun. 

Oh yeah,  it's only one game.  DJ is still our best player.  At least until i get a chance to see DP play.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
I think Polee is our most talented player, but we don't have a lot of talent.

gonzalo

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 02:20:52 AM »
I think that Polee is the first freshman in St. John´s history being top scorer in the first game of the season. Congratulations.

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
Gotta say I was very surprised and impressed with Mr. Polee.

Poison

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
Might as well let Polee get the burn, so that we'll have some experience next year.

He reminds a little of Malik Sealy. And for those of you who don't know, that's BE basketball royalty.

I hope Quincy Roberts shows us something soon. It's going to be hard for him to get PT next year, if it's hard now.