Alaska Shootout Champs!

• 69 replies
Re: Alaska Shootout Champs!
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2010, 09:55:02 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
Nice photo.....Our guys really got after them on the defensive side of the ball. We need to eliminate scoring draughts. Hopefully the Staff comes up with a remedy for that soon.

Poison

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
Brownlee looks so happy. Good for you Justin. You played terrific basketball all weekend.

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
Man, DJ does not look happy at all after his benching haha.

Poison

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2010, 11:03:12 PM »
DJ couldn't have been too unhappy. At least now he sees it might not all be on him to score.

Still, I think he'd make a great 6th man.

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2010, 03:36:06 AM »

I can't be the only one that saw this picture and immediately thought of Walter Sobchak saying, "Eight year olds, dude."

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:10 AM »
IMO, the best part about Brownlee coming into his own is that it means the team doesn't have to rely on Sean Evans anymore. He has been a complete non-factor on this team, getting fewer than nine minutes per game.

I don't mean it as a personal knock on Sean. He seems like a nice guy and a hard worker, but as we used to say about the likes of Geno, he's just not a Big East level talent. He can pick up the garbage from time to time but isn't great in the post and doesn't have a jump-shot. He's a guy that often tries to do too much when he's got the ball. Brownlee provides a scoring threat in the post in addition to a guy that can stretch the defense at times.

Foad

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2010, 07:22:41 AM »
I agree you shoud have used a different word.

Had I known that you don't know the difference between "SJ was lucky to win" and  "SJ won because they were lucky," I would have.

Foad

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:44 AM »
honestly, its your own fault if u respond to foad in any way...go back and read threads containing his posts, they all at some point involve name calling, extensive definitions of words, outlandish reasoning, and enough ranting off topic to count as spamming...

Of dear. Here I am having a scintillating discussion of the ASU game with my boon companion Peekskillreddevil and then suddenly - a vicious personal attack. Needless to say I'm appalled.

i really dont know why hes still allowed to post,

I suspect I'm allowed to post because the owners of this forum believe that the truth is revealed through unfettered debate in the free marketplace of ideas. Plus I respect their boundaries by being pretty well behaved most of the time, which frankly hasn't always been the case everywhere. I know that I personally believe that sharp elbows and a thick skin encourage robust debate and that if you can't stand heated words you should get out of the kitchen, because the ovens on and I'm pretty baked. You OTOH seem to believe that what you don't like should be proscribed. Well, perhaps someday you'll pull a sword out of a stone and the lady of the lake will make you king of the internets and you can ban whatever you want. Until that happens, having you considered applying for a moderatorship? Or maybe you should try BEB, that's 100 foad free.

but i think the forum would be much improved if you just ignore his posts

Ignore them like you've done here you mean, by writing an essay about them? I'll leave it to you to work out the flaw in your otherwise diabolical plan.

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »
I like his hit single "Do the Teabag" and the fine video montage that accompanies it.   :police:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:55:06 PM by carmineabbatiello »