Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 1472 replies
Re: Isaiah Whitehead - SG - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »

How any kid would choose Seton Hall over STJ is beyond me. Star on Broadway, or take your talents to Newark? If he wants to be the face of the program, it won't shine very brightly in the swamps of New Jersey.

Curious to your thoughts on this...   how do you think Kyle Andserson would be looking if he went to SHU instead of UCLA - I think he would have been better sereved for his future at Seton Hall. He would have been the man on the team from Day, played on the fringe of  the media capital of the world and would have put up much bigger numbers. He might have put up numbers that would have had him in last years draft.

At UCLA he had a solid season on a decent team but was far from the star and that is not going to change this year. He now facing being part of the 2014 NBA Draft that some people are saying could be one of the best ever in terms of potential talent.

I am not saying SHU over SJU is the better choice in most cases but for some kids, its the right fit.

Are you saying a SHU team that went 3-15 in the BE would have been better then a UCLA team that went 13-5 in the PAC 12 if you flipped Anderson to SHU from UCLA?  REALLY????

Keep in mind UCLA loss Hassan Adams late in the year, HUGE LOSS.  That kid is better then anyone on SHU hurt or otherwise.

Do you have reading comprehension issues - how could you come upo with that from my posts..? Unless you are just looking for an arumentwith me, which I never doubt...
ate=1379506497]

How any kid would choose Seton Hall over STJ is beyond me. Star on Broadway, or take your talents to Newark? If he wants to be the face of the program, it won't shine very brightly in the swamps of New Jersey.

Curious to your thoughts on this...   how do you think Kyle Andserson would be looking if he went to SHU instead of UCLA - I think he would have been better sereved for his future at Seton Hall. He would have been the man on the team from Day, played on the fringe of  the media capital of the world and would have put up much bigger numbers. He might have put up numbers that would have had him in last years draft.

At UCLA he had a solid season on a decent team but was far from the star and that is not going to change this year. He now facing being part of the 2014 NBA Draft that some people are saying could be one of the best ever in terms of potential talent.

I am not saying SHU over SJU is the better choice in most cases but for some kids, its the right fit.

But isn't that really an argument for why Kyle should have gone to SHU over UCLA?   Not necessarily St Johns.

And I agree with you, if KA had been at SHU last year he may have had a big year, gets BE Rookie of the Year, and who knows?  Maybe he's a lottery pick.  That's pretty much what Harkless did for us.   Seton Hall isn't always a poor choice for an elite player.

But KA could have done something similar at SJU last season.  We werent as stacked as UCLA.  He wouldn't have been the only option, like maybe he wouldve at the Hall, but he could've still been a focal point.   
[/quote]

No I do not.

The focal point issue could be used for any big time kid who goes to known program with other stars.

The answer is no.  Kentucky went to the NIT last year are you saying those kids could have enhanced their NBA profile better by going to SHU?

I did not misunderstand you, the answer is no I do not believe he would have enhanced his NBA profile one bit more at SHU.  He was second team ALL PAC 12 and on the ALL FRESHMEN team at UCLA.  There us nothing to suggest he would have done anything significantly better at SHU.

« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »
Do Tiny and Lavin get along? I think I remember that when Lavin was hired, he wanted to be a part of the staff.

hmmm somewhat. every time a member of the staff leaves he always tries to lobby to get an assistant coaching job at st. john's.  this even happened during norm robert's time

boo3

« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2013, 10:34:03 AM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 1m
Also hearing Isaiah Whitehead's mom will make the visit to #Stjbb to meet @SJUCoachLavin

« Reply #923 on: September 18, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 1m
Also hearing Isaiah Whitehead's mom will make the visit to #Stjbb to meet @SJUCoachLavin
LOVE THAT !!!

« Reply #924 on: September 18, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »
um coincidence?   

Earl J Watson @Earl_Watson
@SJUCoachLavin believed in me beyond basketball when I was a 16 year old kid! His belief changed my life & lives forever! #LoveyouCOACH

desco80

« Reply #925 on: September 18, 2013, 11:07:56 AM »

Are you saying a SHU team that went 3-15 in the BE would have been better then a UCLA team that went 13-5 in the PAC 12 if you flipped Anderson to SHU from UCLA?  REALLY????

Keep in mind UCLA loss Hassan Adams late in the year, HUGE LOSS.  That kid is better then anyone on SHU hurt or otherwise.

Do you have reading comprehension issues - how could you come upo with that from my posts..? Unless you are just looking for an arumentwith me, which I never doubt...
ate=1379506497]

But isn't that really an argument for why Kyle should have gone to SHU over UCLA?   Not necessarily St Johns.

And I agree with you, if KA had been at SHU last year he may have had a big year, gets BE Rookie of the Year, and who knows?  Maybe he's a lottery pick.  That's pretty much what Harkless did for us.   Seton Hall isn't always a poor choice for an elite player.

But KA could have done something similar at SJU last season.  We werent as stacked as UCLA.  He wouldn't have been the only option, like maybe he wouldve at the Hall, but he could've still been a focal point.   

No I do not.

The focal point issue could be used for any big time kid who goes to known program with other stars.

The answer is no.  Kentucky went to the NIT last year are you saying those kids could have enhanced their NBA profile better by going to SHU?

I did not misunderstand you, the answer is no I do not believe he would have enhanced his NBA profile one bit more at SHU.  He was second team ALL PAC 12 and on the ALL FRESHMEN team at UCLA.  There us nothing to suggest he would have done anything significantly better at SHU.
[/quote]

I'm not PMG, if you want to pick fights with him, that's your business.  But respond to his post then.
But, for what it's worth, it's pretty clear you didn't understand him, because you asked  "Are you saying a SHU team that went 3-15 in the BE would have been better then a UCLA team that went 13-5 in the PAC 12 if you flipped Anderson to SHU from UCLA?  REALLY????"   No one was discussing whether SHU would've been better than UCLA.     

But in response to your question, Yes.  Alex Poythress was a top 15 player who was overshadowed at UK.  If he plays at Seton Hall, or any number of other schools he could've been showcased, and gone in this year's draft.   The same could be be said for KA.   If he plays on a team without Shabazz, he would've had to shoulder much more of the scoring load, and that could've impressed scouts.

Marillac

« Reply #926 on: September 18, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
Can we take the KA discussion to another thread?  This is a huge day for us.

boo3

« Reply #927 on: September 18, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 23s
Coaches from 2 of the 5 schools in the Isaiah Whitehead Sweepstakes told @SNYtv they believe it will be #Stjbb. & no #stjbb wasn't 1 of them

paultzman

« Reply #928 on: September 18, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
“@BrandonTierney: @SJUCoachLavin gets final crack at Isiah Whitehead before Lincoln star announces NCAA intentions tomorrow. Lavin + recruits = Mariano #NYC”

paultzman

« Reply #929 on: September 18, 2013, 11:26:52 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: A lot of people asking if Isaiah Whitehead mom being on visit tonight means anything. No. She's been on every visit. #sjubb”

boo3

« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2013, 11:27:52 AM »
lol @ Brandon..

paultzman

« Reply #931 on: September 18, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
Man this beats waiting on news about Phil Wait.

« Reply #932 on: September 18, 2013, 11:31:30 AM »

Haha!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #933 on: September 18, 2013, 11:34:30 AM »

Classic

« Reply #934 on: September 18, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
Here is how #Syracuse went from leading for Isaiah Whitehead to not making elite 2014 recruit's final five schools.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/09/former_syracuse_recruiting_tar.html

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:58:20 AM by redmen4life »

paultzman

« Reply #935 on: September 18, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Would be SHOCKED if they didn't @GMEN10 Will the johnnies get whitehead?”

SJUFAN

« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2013, 12:15:04 PM »
Back court will definitely be crowed next year if he chooses us. Can see him spending time at the 2 and 3 spots. Looks like Greene would become a role player. The year after that it would be all his. He is not a one and done player at this point, imo. If Lavin can convince him of that, he signs with us were he could be competing for a National Championship and increase his draft status in the process.

paultzman

« Reply #937 on: September 18, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »
“@JonRothstein: St. John's now in position to land best player in NYC for 3rd time in 4 years. 2011 - Harkless 2012 - Obekpa 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead. #sjubb”

boo3

« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
“@JonRothstein: St. John's now in position to land best player in NYC for 3rd time in 4 years. 2011 - Harkless 2012 - Obekpa 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead. #sjubb”

But I thought we never go after NYC kids?  They keep leaving?  Lol...

SJU79

« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
As of this morning he was down to SH and SJU. Mom, not Tiny has the kids ear... Mom told me last week she wants him at SJU... Speaking to someone tonight to see how visit went...my guess is SJU  but not sure. This is a different kid then most others.... Very serious and committed...