Anyone having trouble reaching Redmen.com?

• 79 replies
Re: Anyone having trouble reaching Redmen.com?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »
But when will FUN show

He's been a regular poster here for a while.

My biggest loss on redmen.com are the archived posts by FUN! I was hoping to convince him to convert them into a crazy quotes books to be marketed to all current and future redmen fans. I hope Paul can recover them more than anything else from the great redmen.com site.

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »
Redmen.com got what was coming to them.   Had to laugh at this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:49:24 PM by RedDot »

derk

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
Really ? You try running one of these sites. Spoken like someone who has never accomplished anything in their life.

wpc77

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »
RedDot - that was a terrible post. Redmen.com gave you, me and numerous others a free opportunity to engage in discussion about sju hoops and, at times, an inside track to breaking information. Your statement is completely unfounded and undeserved

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
Here is the Million Dollar Question.   Is Redmen.com coming back?   Or is this the new home?

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2011, 06:19:02 AM »
Maybe I didn't agree with everything forum members said in their posts on redmen.com, but if truth be told, I probably went there more often than other sites, no matter if they were sports related or not. What kind of idiot would laugh at what happened to one of our favorite web sites? :tickedoff: >:( My reaction more like :'(

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2011, 12:28:54 PM »
This is my first post on JJ. I just want to thank JJ for offering a place for all St. John's fans to continue to discuss and monitor our common passion. I would also like to add my name willing to help Paul of Redmen.com if he sees it necessary. I have been posting on Redmen.com for a few years and have actually read the sight for peoples opinion and news for much longer. I like/support both sights since they are passionate about our hoops program.

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »
Here is the Million Dollar Question.   Is Redmen.com coming back?   Or is this the new home?

Redmen.com is definitely coming back...I don't know how long it will take but Redmen.com will be back

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
RedDot - that was a terrible post. Redmen.com gave you, me and numerous others a free opportunity to engage in discussion about sju hoops and, at times, an inside track to breaking information. Your statement is completely unfounded and undeserved

It was a great site for getting the latest news on the basketball program.  Period.  Free discussion though?  Not at all.  You couldn't even be a member on the site for about 5 years!  Nothing but old grudges, know-it-alls and self proclaimed SJU basketball God's monitoring that place.  And if you challenged or debated any of them you would be banned.   JJ is great because of its actual involvement with my/our University.  This site, no doubt, has done a great job encouraging enthusiasm among our fan base.  JJ brings a completely different value as a website.  Redmen.com became a place where long time members and mod's could gather and measure their supreme SJU insider......knowledge (we'll say).   I'm just saying that its a great ending to the site.  Totally fitting.

crgreen

« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »

It was a great site for getting the latest news on the basketball program.  Period.  Free discussion though?  Not at all.  You couldn't even be a member on the site for about 5 years!  Nothing but old grudges, know-it-alls and self proclaimed SJU basketball God's monitoring that place.  And if you challenged or debated any of them you would be banned.   JJ is great because of its actual involvement with my/our University.  This site, no doubt, has done a great job encouraging enthusiasm among our fan base.  JJ brings a completely different value as a website.  Redmen.com became a place where long time members and mod's could gather and measure their supreme SJU insider......knowledge (we'll say).   I'm just saying that its a great ending to the site.  Totally fitting.

Can't speak to the past, but as one who hadn't followed SJU Hoops closely since Leroy Ellis and Kevin Loughery until Steve Lavin was hired last year, I can only say I found none of what you describe.  I myself and a very opinionated "know-it-all", but I've felt very welcomed by both Redmen.Com and JJ.....

« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »

There were plenty of heated debates over on Redmen.com over the past year or so.  Many of the debates got very heated and they either simmered due to cooler heads prevailing or a mod would eventually step in.  Redmen.com popularity had soared in the past couple of years.  Even moreso, once Lavin was named head coach.  It's been a pretty lenient site.

You seem to have an agenda against Redmen.com, so I'm gonna assume you were banned from there.  Honestly, if you were banned from the site then more than likely it probably was deserved.  No one was being easily banned.

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2011, 06:01:39 PM »
Redmen opening its doors destroyed Bigeastboards imo. I still cant believe how everyone just picked up and left

Dan

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2011, 09:34:13 PM »
Redmen opening its doors destroyed Bigeastboards imo. I still cant believe how everyone just picked up and left

It was pretty unfortunate, considering how BEB allowed for free speech all that time and redmen.com did not.  It was only when Norm was universally hated that redmen.com opened its doors again, and everyone was in agreement that Norm had to go.  Before that, it was a Norm love fest and anyone who disagreed was let go.  BEB was never that way, but people left it behind.  BEB deserved more respect than that.

Also Red Dot is an extremely petty person...his exit from BEB will show that.  His comments about redmen.com, while it not always being the best place for free speech but still being a very good website, are childish. 

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
One important factor which you omitted from your above analysis; BEB was created as a for- profit site and Redmen.com was created at great expense and volunteer time by a St John's grad.

If you did not like Redmen.com then perhaps you should have created your own site.

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
I was banned from BEB for no reason. The first time I visited the site it wouldn't let me on and told me that I was being denied access due to the fact that I was banned from the site.  :tickedoff:

« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2011, 10:51:10 PM »

It was pretty unfortunate, considering how BEB allowed for free speech all that time and redmen.com did not.  It was only when Norm was universally hated that redmen.com opened its doors again, and everyone was in agreement that Norm had to go.  Before that, it was a Norm love fest and anyone who disagreed was let go.  BEB was never that way, but people left it behind.  BEB deserved more respect than that.

Also Red Dot is an extremely petty person...his exit from BEB will show that.  His comments about redmen.com, while it not always being the best place for free speech but still being a very good website, are childish.

Don't consider myself petty, its just my personal opinion.   I'm happy to see the sight go down, thats all.   Is that such a terrible thing?  I stopped visiting BEB for the same reason everyone else left.  A mod let a couple friends curse out everyone with no repercussions.  Also, I said it was a good site to get news on the BB program, thats it.  How is it childish to say it wasn't a place to go for freedom of speech, when you couldn't even register to participate for so many years?  Even if you could participate and were a member, you couldn't say anything bad about Norm Roberts or you would be banned.  I guess we have 2 different understandings of this.   Alls I know is that I have read and written on all of these sites since they all started and this is my opinion.

Foad

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »
It was pretty unfortunate, considering how BEB allowed for free speech all that time and redmen.com did not.

As a free speech absolutist and someone who has regularly pushed the boundaries of polite discourse in all these forums let me say that I find your post #$%^ing HiLaRiOuS. The moderators at BEB lock more threads per week than the mods at RM do in months and have banned twice as many posters for half as many reasons. The arbitrary and capricious crapiosityness of (the SJ) BEB mods is exactly why no one posts at there anymore: there has not been a bigger bunch of petty fascists since Mussolini was hung from his heels. In fact, when I was banned from there and started posting here the mod who was responsible for banning me followed me here and sent Dave a PM saying recommending he ban me from here preemptively - unfortunately that mod is so stupid he CC'ed me on the message by mistake because computers are evidently very hard. Ooops.

The only posts who get banned at RM are those who repeat the same dreary things over and over again and they are only banned after repeated warnings. They do not get banned for the content of their speech, but for its form. Other than one mod at RM I have not had issues with any of them - either personal issues or problems with the way my posts have been altered or removed, on those few occasions when they have been. Again, as opposed to BEB, where moderators regularly deleted my posts, locked threads in which I was pleasantly discussing basketball, and on at least one occassion forged crude homophobic postings in my name, merely because they disagreed with my opinions and the way they were expressed and because of childish personal animus.

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2011, 09:16:04 AM »

I was banned. I know I wasn't really banned, but that was the message I kept getting when I tried to log on. Tried to change my screen, name tried logging on from home instead of from work. Nothing worked. I gave up finally. Personally I believe my banning was what killed BEB.

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »

I was banned. I know I wasn't really banned, but that was the message I kept getting when I tried to log on. Tried to change my screen, name tried logging on from home instead of from work. Nothing worked. I gave up finally. Personally I believe my banning was what killed BEB.

That's exactly what happened to me!!!! >:(

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »
Ok this thread has gone off the deep end. I think we've all expressed what was needed. If there is any new info just PM me and I'll insert it into this thread.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle