Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies

sju89tr

Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #600 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »
I don't see a problem getting 4 guards minutes but then pointer and garrett are the 3's with sampson and lawrence? at 4 with obekpa and gift at 5 That leaves no minutes for hooper felix and either marco or jones.

Not advocating a transfer but I don't see this roster with both Marco and Hooper next year and Max is going nowhere. I also really love felix's upside. He is a pleasant surprise.

desco80

« Reply #601 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
I don't see a problem getting 4 guards minutes but then pointer and garrett are the 3's with sampson and lawrence? at 4 with obekpa and gift at 5 That leaves no minutes for hooper felix and either marco or jones.

Not advocating a transfer but I don't see this roster with both Marco and Hooper next year and Max is going nowhere. I also really love felix's upside. He is a pleasant surprise.

Don't want to take this thread off topic, but no way Gift is starting at center next year Ted.   That spot is all Obekpas.   Sampson or Jermaine Lawrence are our 4, and after that we can fill in the blanks depending on if you want a 3 guard lineup or what have you. 

Poison

« Reply #602 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
With or without d'lo he starts from day 1. Name one guard besides d'lo who's more talented than him

Agree.  Start harrison sheed and branch w/ lawrence and obekpa after jakarr gets drafted 18th overall.

Jakarr isn't going pro. He's too skinny.

« Reply #603 on: January 07, 2013, 05:37:11 PM »
Really have to be careful here.

Moose

« Reply #604 on: January 07, 2013, 07:08:55 PM »

Careful with what?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #605 on: January 07, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »

Careful with what?

Like you said, 1 ball. Don't want to complicate things with Harrison. Assuming of course Harrison is here.

Moose

« Reply #606 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
When did this become a "Jakarr go Pro" thread?

When we got tired of the 8th time Jordan said he would pick a school ;)

« Reply #607 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
Sorry, I haven't had time to read every recruiting thread post the last month.  Has there been any comment from Jordan's camp on the fact that it's looking more likely that committing to Temple is still committing to the A10.  When they were BE bound I could definitely see the allure but the Cincy/UConn conference, if it ever even happens before they jump elsewhere, isn't exactly the same level of hoops as he might have been expecting.

LJSA

« Reply #608 on: January 09, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
Sorry, I haven't had time to read every recruiting thread post the last month.  Has there been any comment from Jordan's camp on the fact that it's looking more likely that committing to Temple is still committing to the A10.  When they were BE bound I could definitely see the allure but the Cincy/UConn conference, if it ever even happens before they jump elsewhere, isn't exactly the same level of hoops as he might have been expecting.

In addition to this, we should send him a copy of the recent quotes from Anderson and Parker.

paultzman

« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »
It, however, is believed the 6-foot-3 Jordan will remain local, at Temple, not St. John’s or UCLA, the other school he is considering.

Read more: RECRUITING CONFIDENTIAL: St. John's coach Steve Lavin has no commitments from 2013 prospects - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/collegesports/recruiting_confidential_st_john_sZ56rFS7fXUWEUsolnkv3K#ixzz2HiEJIhco

« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:03 PM »
I really hope that's not the case

« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
I don't get this speculation that Harrison, Sampson and even Obekpa might bolt.  None are close to ready IMO.  And there is plenty to be gained for all by developing at the collegiate level.

paultzman

« Reply #612 on: January 12, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »
I don't get this speculation that Harrison, Sampson and even Obekpa might bolt.  None are close to ready IMO.  And there is plenty to be gained for all by developing at the collegiate level.

One maybe, certainly not three IMO.

« Reply #613 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »

One maybe, certainly not three IMO.

After today's debacle against a team that arguably is the biggest and quickest team we've seen this season, these guys were overmatched.  None of them is ready for the Association.  Porter, otoh, had one of the quietest, most effective games I've seen in a long time; I think he had 20 and 14, he's a glue guy who's going to do well in the NBA because he's effective and plays within a system.

« Reply #614 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
What don't you get? They will be the first 3 picks in this year's NBA draft.

desco80

« Reply #615 on: January 12, 2013, 07:12:08 PM »

I don't think you have to worry, Nba teams aren't going to be fighting one another to get their hands on any of our players.
I think our entire rotation returns for next year. 
Maybe Jones transfers.   
Otherwise this.whole team is.coming back. 

Moose

« Reply #616 on: January 12, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »

I don't think you have to worry, Nba teams aren't going to be fighting one another to get their hands on any of our players.
Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.
You do realize NBA teams don't have to want our guys for them to leave right?

desco80

« Reply #617 on: January 12, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
So i have a question for those who have seen Jordan play...

Can he shoot?    Im not asking if he's reggie miller, but can he hit an open jumper if given time and space?   Shoot 70% from the.foul line? 

I think this needs to be.asked of any recruit were looking at.   

desco80

« Reply #618 on: January 12, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.
You do realize NBA teams don't have to want our guys for them to leave right?

Of course Moose.  But i don't think our players are entirely brain dead.   There's.got to be some whispers of Nba interest for jakarr or Chris to come.out.  and i don't see there being any buzz for either of them this year.
Its not even like they'll get mixed responses if they put feelers out.  It'll be a resounding "no thanks".

On the other hand if dangelo wants to knowingly head to Europe.and.pull a Dominican Cheek.. hey, its his life.  Do what you gotta do.   But he likes the spot light, and he must see he has the opportunity to pickup a lot of awards and accolaydes by returning. 

paultzman

« Reply #619 on: January 12, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
So i have a question for those who have seen Jordan play...

Can he shoot?    Im not asking if he's reggie miller, but can he hit an open jumper if given time and space?   Shoot 70% from the.foul line? 

I think this needs to be.asked of any recruit were looking at.   

Certainly agree Desco. For eons SJU has recruited "slashers" in the face of the three point era. OK, Harrison can shoot, but who else? Approach reminds me of Jets going "Ground & Pound" when rest of NFL put attention on passing games. Time to recruit in a systematic, needs driven approach. This crap about getting best athletes is destined for failure. Are we trying to revive SJU Hoops or develop a Decathlon team?