Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #620 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:07 PM »
I don't get this speculation that Harrison, Sampson and even Obekpa might bolt.  None are close to ready IMO.  And there is plenty to be gained for all by developing at the collegiate level.

I don't think you have to worry, Nba teams aren't going to be fighting one another to get their hands on any of our players.
I think our entire rotation returns for next year. 
Maybe Jones transfers.   
Otherwise this.whole team is.coming back. 

Your smart.
You do realize NBA teams don't have to want our guys for them to leave right?

Of course Moose.  But i don't think our players are entirely brain dead.   There's.got to be some whispers of Nba interest for jakarr or Chris to come.out.  and i don't see there being any buzz for either of them this year.
Its not even like they'll get mixed responses if they put feelers out.  It'll be a resounding "no thanks".

On the other hand if dangelo wants to knowingly head to Europe.and.pull a Dominican Cheek.. hey, its his life.  Do what you gotta do.   But he likes the spot light, and he must see he has the opportunity to pickup a lot of awards and accolaydes by returning.

It's rare for Freshman to declare unless they get confirmation they will be a FIRST round pick, because the contracts are guaranteed. We really have nothing to worry about.

And why all this D'lo to Europe speculation?

Moose

« Reply #621 on: January 12, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
I don't get this speculation that Harrison, Sampson and even Obekpa might bolt.  None are close to ready IMO.  And there is plenty to be gained for all by developing at the collegiate level.

I don't think you have to worry, Nba teams aren't going to be fighting one another to get their hands on any of our players.
Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Of course Moose.  But i don't think our players are entirely brain dead.   There's.got to be some whispers of Nba interest for jakarr or Chris to come.out.  and i don't see there being any buzz for either of them this year.
Its not even like they'll get mixed responses if they put feelers out.  It'll be a resounding "no thanks".

On the other hand if dangelo wants to knowingly head to Europe.and.pull a Dominican Cheek.. hey, its his life.  Do what you gotta do.   But he likes the spot light, and he must see he has the opportunity to pickup a lot of awards and accolaydes by returning.

It's rare for Freshman to declare unless they get confirmation they will be a FIRST round pick, because the contracts are guaranteed. We really have nothing to worry about.

Because he can go to Europe and make more than he can as most 4 yrs college graduates.  D-League pays 50k tops.  Maybe he's sick and tired of playing the lead role in the one man show.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #622 on: January 12, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Because he can go to Europe and make more than he can as most 4 yrs college graduates.  D-League pays 50k tops.  Maybe he's sick and tired of playing the lead role in the one man show.

But is it common for players to do that after their Sophomore year? I've heard of seniors who don't get drafted doing that, but not sophomores.

Moose

« Reply #623 on: January 12, 2013, 08:01:30 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

But is it common for players to do that after their Sophomore year? I've heard of seniors who don't get drafted doing that, but not sophomores.

I wouldn't say its common.  But everyone has different ideas and life they live.  Who knows.  Everyone rants and raves about his temper.  You have to think its eating at him.  I believe the thought originated by him telling a poster he didn't plan to be in college 4 yrs or something paraphrased.

Chilleb

« Reply #624 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Syl landesberg

gman

« Reply #625 on: January 12, 2013, 11:01:49 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Syl landesberg

Yeah but didn't he have grade issues?

goredmen

« Reply #626 on: January 13, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Syl landesberg

Yeah but didn't he have grade issues?

Yes, he got suspended late in his sophomore season because of grades. Its also possible he and the new coach werent on the same page. He never would have left after his sophomore year had Leitao not been fired

desco80

« Reply #627 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:54 AM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Dangelo has told students on campus he's only here for 2 years.   Posters who have class with him have said as much. 
That's where that comes from.   I don't necessarily believe it.   That may have been his plan, but I'm with you - I'd be surprised if he's not back.

Also, as I mentioned Dominic Cheek of Nova did it last year.   Said he wanted to start making money for his grandma, and just sent pro after sophomore year. 

desco80

« Reply #628 on: January 13, 2013, 09:59:03 AM »
So i have a question for those who have seen Jordan play...

Can he shoot?    Im not asking if he's reggie miller, but can he hit an open jumper if given time and space?   Shoot 70% from the.foul line? 

I think this needs to be.asked of any recruit were looking at.   

Certainly agree Desco. For eons SJU has recruited "slashers" in the face of the three point era. OK, Harrison can shoot, but who else? Approach reminds me of Jets going "Ground & Pound" when rest of NFL put attention on passing games. Time to recruit in a systematic, needs driven approach. This crap about getting best athletes is destined for failure. Are we trying to revive SJU Hoops or develop a Decathlon team?

Absolutely Paultz!   
And it's not as if they're diametric goals, I know this might be hard for us to imagine.... But it is possible to recruit guys who are athletic and can shoot a little. 
I mean its not like StArks or Porter are Eddy Curry.   They're fairly athletic.

gman

« Reply #629 on: January 13, 2013, 10:15:41 AM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Dangelo has told students on campus he's only here for 2 years.   Posters who have class with him have said as much. 
That's where that comes from.   I don't necessarily believe it.   That may have been his plan, but I'm with you - I'd be surprised if he's not back.

Also, as I mentioned Dominic Cheek of Nova did it last year.   Said he wanted to start making money for his grandma, and just sent pro after sophomore year.

How did that work out? Last press release I see was him being waived by the might Fort Wayne mad ants. He tried out in italy and didn't get an offer.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:16:46 AM by gman »

paultzman

« Reply #630 on: January 13, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »
Jordan will be 6'6" by the time he joins Temple;

“@sheedjordan: Not getting a hair cut til next year”

« Reply #631 on: January 13, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »
Jordan will be 6'6" by the time he joins Temple;

“@sheedjordan: Not getting a hair cut til next year”

*St Johns*

« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Ever hear of Omar Cook?

« Reply #633 on: January 15, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Ever hear of Omar Cook?

Rare things happen from time to time.

jr49

« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2013, 08:54:28 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Ever hear of Omar Cook?
Cook got info he was going in first round and missed by 3 spots. Said he was leaving because we weren't going to be any good. Hatten took us to the tourny the next year as a 8 seed. Always wondered how that back court woulda worked out. Speedy stayed with Jay 4 years and made some big money and got a couple of rings with SA.

Moose

« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »

Maybe Jones transfers.   

Your smart.

Ever hear of Omar Cook?
Cook got info he was going in first round and missed by 3 spots. Said he was leaving because we weren't going to be any good. Hatten took us to the tourny the next year as a 8 seed. Always wondered how that back court woulda worked out. Speedy stayed with Jay 4 years and made some big money and got a couple of rings with SA.

Omar and Jarvis were oil and vinegar

paultzman

« Reply #636 on: January 17, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
“@MVender: Vaux point guard Rysheed Jordan (@sheedjordan) is a McDonalds All-American nominee. He's down to Temple, UCLA and St. John's.”

Moose

« Reply #637 on: January 17, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
Isn't everyone a nominee?

paultzman

« Reply #638 on: January 17, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »

Just about.

« Reply #639 on: January 17, 2013, 02:31:28 PM »
I know i was and I didn't even play in high school but I was a terror on my friends driveway hoop especially on very windy days where I had the best knack for adjusting to the conditions. Anyone think that if we get verbal from JL it helps us with RJ?