Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #660 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:21 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130119_Vauxs_Jordan_tight-lipped_about_future.html

The 18-year-old, who has seven brothers and sisters, said Temple "is like home to me. The campus is nice, and their guards get out and go. That's something I like."

Before the season, Jordan spent a weekend at UCLA. He says he enjoyed Tinseltown, where he ran into ex-Sixer Andre Iguodala.

"It was a beautiful campus," he said. "We drove by Beverly Hills, which was really something. I think I would like it there."

And how about St. John's, located in Queens and not too far from the bright lights of Manhattan?

"Playing at Madison Square Garden for home games would be pretty special," he said.

« Reply #661 on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/20130119_Vauxs_Jordan_tight-lipped_about_future.html

The 18-year-old, who has seven brothers and sisters, said Temple "is like home to me. The campus is nice, and their guards get out and go. That's something I like."

Before the season, Jordan spent a weekend at UCLA. He says he enjoyed Tinseltown, where he ran into ex-Sixer Andre Iguodala.

"It was a beautiful campus," he said. "We drove by Beverly Hills, which was really something. I think I would like it there."

And how about St. John's, located in Queens and not too far from the bright lights of Manhattan?

"Playing at Madison Square Garden for home games would be pretty special," he said.

I hope Jamal doesn't scare him off.

MCNPA

« Reply #662 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »

I hope Jamal doesn't scare him off.

Branch will be a junior.  Rysheed would get minutes any way you cut it.  Kid is good. 

sju89tr

« Reply #663 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM »
The way we want to play with a deep rotation allows Lavin to play everyone. Lavin never had a problem with too many guys at UCLA. If Jordan is the real deal, he will take Greene's place in a 3 guard offense. No offense ti Greene but good programs make kids fight for minutes. 

MCNPA

« Reply #664 on: January 19, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »
The way we want to play with a deep rotation allows Lavin to play everyone. Lavin never had a problem with too many guys at UCLA. If Jordan is the real deal, he will take Greene's place in a 3 guard offense. No offense ti Greene but good programs make kids fight for minutes.

Totally agree.  Plus IF D'Lo is still here, I can't see him sticking it out for 4 years.  I hope he does, but gut tells me he will make an attempt to play somewhere for money before his 4 Yeats up here.  Would love to land Rysheed.

« Reply #665 on: January 19, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »
Good point -- pressing, playing up tempo allows you to get guys minutes.  When teams win, guys are usually happy even if they don't get sufficient burn.

Jordan's comment about MSG reinforces why it is so important for us to play there.  Every recruit seems to mention it.  I was at MSG for Rutgers where the crowd was weak, and have been at other games in the past of course when that was the case, but if we win and schedule properly (i.e., putting the right teams in the Garden), that won't be a problem.

MCNPA

« Reply #666 on: January 20, 2013, 07:20:47 AM »
Good point -- pressing, playing up tempo allows you to get guys minutes.  When teams win, guys are usually happy even if they don't get sufficient burn.

Jordan's comment about MSG reinforces why it is so important for us to play there.  Every recruit seems to mention it.  I was at MSG for Rutgers where the crowd was weak, and have been at other games in the past of course when that was the case, but if we win and schedule properly (i.e., putting the right teams in the Garden), that won't be a problem.

SJU vs Georgetown was pretty strong crowd with almost 12k I think.  As rivalries get more intense, I hope it grows.

« Reply #667 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
G-town on a weekend is the type of game we should play in the Garden though, MCNPA.  Big name that will draw more of the casual or lukewarm fans who only show up when we are good, or who want to just go for the event.  Plus we'll get a G-town crowd there.  Rutgers on a Wed night is a tough draw even when we are good, because they will bring about 50 fans and it won't generate much juice.  Get the G-town's and Nova's in the Garden, Butler when we add them to the conference, a few of the big out of conference games we schedule (would love Duke, UCLA, Notre Dame), etc.

« Reply #668 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »
I think if Bourgault doesn't get much play this year he may transfer, especially with Hooper coming in.  The only thing is he'll be a senior transfer.  And I think Orlando isnt gonna be around next year so we'll have 2 ships available.  My gut says we land Lawerence and miss out on Jordan but I hope im wrong on Jordan. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:44:09 AM by SweetnessCBA »

Moose

« Reply #669 on: January 20, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
I think if Bourgault doesn't get much play this year he may transfer, especially with Hooper coming in.  The only thing is he'll be a senior transfer.  And I think Orlando isnt gonna be around next year so we'll have 2 ships available.  My gut says we land Lawerence and miss out on Jordan but I hope im wrong on Jordan. 

Tough for him to transfer.
Europe might be better option
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #670 on: January 20, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

Or maybe he sucks it up, works on his game, and earns some minutes?   Just a thought.  This notion that if things don't go your way in your first year that you bolt is pathetic.

Moose

« Reply #671 on: January 20, 2013, 04:32:07 PM »

Or maybe he sucks it up, works on his game, and earns some minutes?   Just a thought.  This notion that if things don't go your way in your first year that you bolt is pathetic.

Ok

RedVet

« Reply #672 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »
Felix is getting less and less playing time. If the trend continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go elsewhere (nor would I be disappointed).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:36:29 PM by RedVet »

Moose

« Reply #673 on: January 20, 2013, 04:48:29 PM »
Everyone is going to transfer.

Now lets try to keep the Jordan thread on Jordan and not venture too far off.

« Reply #674 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »
You see Felix on the bench last game?  He was going nuts. He isn't going anywhere. If anything, I could see him as a redshirt candidate depending on who we bring in.

« Reply #675 on: January 21, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »
You see Felix on the bench last game?  He was going nuts. He isn't going anywhere. If anything, I could see him as a redshirt candidate depending on who we bring in.

Redshirting does not give us an extra Scholly for 2013- just gives the player an extra year.
Felix is averaging 10 min/g as a freshman.
He was not ranked top 100. I doubt he was expecting more min as a frosh.

Molloy '71

Poison

« Reply #676 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »

I don't like to think about a player leaving before graduating, but this does make sense re Bourgault.

sju89tr

« Reply #677 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »

Redshirting does not give us an extra Scholly for 2013- just gives the player an extra year.
Felix is averaging 10 min/g as a freshman.
He was not ranked top 100. I doubt he was expecting more min as a frosh.

+1

sju89tr

« Reply #678 on: January 21, 2013, 09:28:33 AM »

Biggest issue for Marco is Max being able to play next year and Max is better.

Yes back to the Jordan discussion.......

Chilleb

« Reply #679 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:57 AM »

Biggest issue for Marco is Max being able to play next year and Max is better.

Yes back to the Jordan discussion.......
Don't know if Max is better? What makes him better they both shoot the lights out yet defensively, ability to handle the ball, rebounding wise I'd have to give the edge to Marco, and there the same height. So what makes Mac better? If anything I think it would be a downgrade due to max being even more one dimensional...... And rysheed Jordan is the instant impact we need!! 8)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:41:36 AM by Chilleb »