Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1880 on: April 15, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
Who gets squeezed out of the rotation?  Clearly Jordan, D-lo, Sampson, Dom, Obekpa, Sanchez, Greene, Branch are all going to play significant minutes.  That doesn't leave too much room for the rest of them.  Guys like Bourgoult, Gift, Jones, Balamou and Hooper are going to have to fight their way.  (I'm not sure how to read Hooper.  I like what I read, but we'll see when he gets out on the court.) 

« Reply #1881 on: April 15, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »
That story is from 2011

Marcus is a little slow  :)

Lol, in my defense I just got home from a 24 hour shift and have been running on fumes.  Refinance house today, new baby tomorrow.  I'm not at the top of my posting game.  I mean c'mon, Mkras took a year or two off just because he got married!  ;)
I suspect in about a week MCN is texting me to go out for drinks just to get out of the house :)

Poison

« Reply #1882 on: April 15, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »
Who gets squeezed out of the rotation?  Clearly Jordan, D-lo, Sampson, Dom, Obekpa, Sanchez, Greene, Branch are all going to play significant minutes.  That doesn't leave too much room for the rest of them.  Guys like Bourgoult, Gift, Jones, Balamou and Hooper are going to have to fight their way.  (I'm not sure how to read Hooper.  I like what I read, but we'll see when he gets out on the court.) 

I have a feeling that Hooper will play against the zone. They'll need him too. And who knows, maybe Bourgault gets better? Hey, it's possible.

uwsfan

« Reply #1883 on: April 15, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »

I think Green gets squeezed out.

paultzman

« Reply #1884 on: April 15, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Comes in at #20, Severe at #141 fwiw.
“@Corey_Rivals513: Final rankings for the class of 2013. Here's the newest Rivals150 - http://ow.ly/k57A7 #BBN”

« Reply #1885 on: April 15, 2013, 01:11:50 PM »
Rhysheed Jordan BREAKS defender with a NASTY CROSSOVER and nails the three!!!!!!!

Luckily for Samuels, Rysheed will be playing in a different conference next year.   
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1886 on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
“@Corey_Rivals513: Final rankings for the class of 2013. Here's the newest Rivals150 - http://ow.ly/k57A7 #BBN”

If you look at the 4 kids that Lavin targeted this year you have 3 5-star kids (Martin at #13, Jordan at #20 and Lawrence at #26) and a 4 star kid at #55-Wainright.

Tells you what league he wants to play in.

« Reply #1887 on: April 15, 2013, 01:35:12 PM »

#3 pg in the class. Think casey hill is great, but think the Harrison twins are a little overrated.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

jr49

« Reply #1888 on: April 15, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »

I have a feeling that Hooper will play against the zone. They'll need him too. And who knows, maybe Bourgault gets better? Hey, it's possible.
How can he get better if he won't move. A guy like him gotta know his spot, and get there quick so the other guys know he going to be there. Even on a break, he got to get to the corner so if the other team does go to the middle to stop the ball he's standing in the corner for open look. but he don't get there. Dunlevy did that great for Duke.

Poison

« Reply #1889 on: April 15, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »

How can he get better if he won't move. A guy like him gotta know his spot, and get there quick so the other guys know he going to be there. Even on a break, he got to get to the corner so if the other team does go to the middle to stop the ball he's standing in the corner for open look. but he don't get there. Dunlevy did that great for Duke.

I agree that doesn't move. It was my first criticism of his game, and actually the one I'd like him work on the most. He's a lolly gagger like Avery Patterson. If he's going to the ball at all this season, he's gonna have work hard and earn it.

Of a the new players last year, he was the least impressive, and he has the farthest to go to being able to compete at the level we need. And while I said its possible, it certainly isn't likely.

That said, maybe his knee wasn't 100%, and maybe he'll be more comfortable next season. Who knows how much a player will improve? I think the player does.

MCNPA

« Reply #1890 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
That story is from 2011

Lol, in my defense I just got home from a 24 hour shift and have been running on fumes.  Refinance house today, new baby tomorrow.  I'm not at the top of my posting game.  I mean c'mon, Mkras took a year or two off just because he got married!  ;)
I suspect in about a week MCN is texting me to go out for drinks just to get out of the house :)

You're probably right...  Haven't had a minute to myself and baby isn't even here yet.  At least I made time to go to BJJ class tonight.  A small reprieve.

« Reply #1891 on: April 15, 2013, 07:41:30 PM »
That story is from 2011

Hey yesterday I had to battle to battle a hangover, getting to the gym, watching the masters and making it to the driving range. We are all busy, lol. One of these days I will have adult issue to deal with

First, Marcus, is that really your boys names?  Not that there's anything wrong with them but the STJ connections gave me a chuckle.

And Conor, suggest you settle down with that girlfriend of yours before she smartens up.  ;)

« Reply #1892 on: April 15, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
When does Jordan sign his LOI

desco80

« Reply #1893 on: April 15, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
I thought you were moving to North Carolina?

Boy or girl this time?

I still want to move, but delayed slightly what with the new baby.  This time a girl.  Add that to my 2 boys Avery and Tyler.

MCNPA- Good luck with #3.  The whole ballgame changes.   You and your wife need to adjust strategies.  No more man to man,  time for the matchup zone D... 

all the best.

+1
Great analogy Boo.
Best of luck to you, your wife, and your growing family MCN. 

paultzman

« Reply #1894 on: April 15, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
Tonight;
“@NYDNDickWeiss: jordan has 23, 13 assists, 5 steals as team philly advanced to finals of legendary conshocken classic outside philly”

“@NYDNDickWeiss: little doubt st. john's recruit rysheed jordan should have in mcdonald's game 6-3 pg from philly vaux is fabulous talent”

« Reply #1895 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
That story is from 2011

Hey yesterday I had to battle to battle a hangover, getting to the gym, watching the masters and making it to the driving range. We are all busy, lol. One of these days I will have adult issue to deal with

First, Marcus, is that really your boys names?  Not that there's anything wrong with them but the STJ connections gave me a chuckle.

And Conor, suggest you settle down with that girlfriend of yours before she smartens up.  ;)
Conor goes to the opera now with his girlfriend. He's more married than me. At least he dulls the opera with Bourbon afterwards :)

And I actually think he eats out more than me now. A sure sign he's married

But he gets a pass because his gf is awesome ( and the fact Nat likes her means I can just lie and say I'm hanging out with him and I can go out in the city whenever I want. LOL )
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:08:50 PM by mjmaherjr »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1896 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

I'm pretty sure on April 17th.

pmg911

« Reply #1897 on: April 16, 2013, 07:01:58 AM »

#3 pg in the class. Think casey hill is great, but think the Harrison twins are a little overrated.

Have you ever seen the Harrison twins play a real game..? What makes you say they are overrated.?

derk

« Reply #1899 on: April 16, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »

I'm pretty sure on April 17th.

April 17 is the start of the LOI period. It extends into May. No reason he shouldn't be signing on April 17, but he does have a month to do so.