Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 2186 replies
Re: Rysheed Jordan - PG - Vaux Roberts - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #2100 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:26 PM »
Just checked.  Aaron is the SG

« Reply #2101 on: May 22, 2013, 12:48:17 AM »
This is an exclusive to these (JJ & Redmen) message boards only:

Rysheed will be playing in the Mary Kline Classic on Sunday June 2nd at Philadelphia University in the Senior All-Star Game.  His addition to the roster will be formally announced next week, but Alex Kline (the organizer of the event) wanted me to get it out there for you guys first.  In addition to Rysheed, we have underclassmen recruits Isaiah Whitehead, Jared Terrell and Cheick Diallo playing. It's a great event that benefits cancer research and there is some really good talent in the Underclassmen and Senior games.  More info, including rosters, are here:

http://maryklineclassic.com/
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

crgreen

« Reply #2102 on: May 22, 2013, 01:01:34 AM »
This is an exclusive to these (JJ & Redmen) message boards only:

Rysheed will be playing in the Mary Kline Classic on Sunday June 2nd at Philadelphia University in the Senior All-Star Game.  His addition to the roster will be formally announced next week, but Alex Kline (the organizer of the event) wanted me to get it out there for you guys first.  In addition to Rysheed, we have underclassmen recruits Isaiah Whitehead, Jared Terrell and Cheick Diallo playing. It's a great event that benefits cancer research and there is some really good talent in the Underclassmen and Senior games.  More info, including rosters, are here:

http://maryklineclassic.com/

Hope Rysheed, Diallo and Whitehead are on the same squad.  Let them get a feel for what COULD be! :)

LJSA

« Reply #2103 on: May 22, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »
So wait, Andrew Harrison isn't deserving of this honor? I assumed he had top 10 talent and statistics judging from all the accolades, but Parade makes it seem as if he's just another much less talented twin riding on his brother's coat tails.

Again, Parade's award is for what you've done in high school, not what you project to do in college.  Andrew is a terriffic prospect, but he produced only 12 pts and 6 assists a game.  Of course a Stevie Clark with 31 pts and 13 assissts a game, a Bryce Alford with 38 pts and 8 assists a game, or an Anders Broman with 42 pts and 9 assists a game (State Championship, State POY) is going to get on this list in front of him.

But can someone explain to me, how he can play with supposedly the #1 Shooting Guard in the country on his team (twin brother Aaron), and only get 6 assists a game?

Well, there you go. I figured he was averaging about 25 a game to be so highly ranked. He deserves to be left off list with those numbers.

crgreen

« Reply #2104 on: May 22, 2013, 12:21:10 PM »
So wait, Andrew Harrison isn't deserving of this honor? I assumed he had top 10 talent and statistics judging from all the accolades, but Parade makes it seem as if he's just another much less talented twin riding on his brother's coat tails.

Again, Parade's award is for what you've done in high school, not what you project to do in college.  Andrew is a terriffic prospect, but he produced only 12 pts and 6 assists a game.  Of course a Stevie Clark with 31 pts and 13 assissts a game, a Bryce Alford with 38 pts and 8 assists a game, or an Anders Broman with 42 pts and 9 assists a game (State Championship, State POY) is going to get on this list in front of him.

But can someone explain to me, how he can play with supposedly the #1 Shooting Guard in the country on his team (twin brother Aaron), and only get 6 assists a game?

Well, there you go. I figured he was averaging about 25 a game to be so highly ranked. He deserves to be left off list with those numbers.

Last post in this thread on the Harrison Bros - this IS Rysheeds thread!  :)    But do want to point out....

So glad this isn't a Bruin board, where I'd have to be explaining to multiple irate posters that this doesn't mean I'm denigrating the Harrisons - I have no DOUBT they deserve their high rankings ON THE COLLEGE PROSPECT TOP 100 LISTS (Rivals/Scout/ESPN/RSCI, etc.).   But Parade is an All America selection - and the two are separate  animals.   Like college All America Teams are a different list than NBA Draft prospects, where you'll find guys like Steven Adams, with his 7 pts and 5 rebs in the top 10 this year, or Andre Drummond last year - guys who are lotto as prospects, but a couple years of college competition away from being All Americans.....

« Reply #2105 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
Rysheed comes in at #26 for RSCI compilation of rankings.  Jermaine is at #25.

https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/2013-final

crgreen

« Reply #2106 on: May 23, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
Rysheed comes in at #26 for RSCI compilation of rankings.  Jermaine is at #25.

https://sites.google.com/site/rscihoops/home/2013-final

What is it with SCOUT and point guards.   They've got both Rysheed and McD AA Nigel Willams-Goss 20-30 spots lower than everyone else....

pmg911

« Reply #2107 on: May 24, 2013, 07:15:21 AM »
Does anyone know if Rysheed has been cleared already and if he is going to be attending the first session of summer classes..?

paultzman

« Reply #2108 on: May 24, 2013, 09:01:57 AM »
Coming early July

« Reply #2109 on: May 25, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
Coming early July
And with a PG rating!  :) ;)

paultzman

« Reply #2110 on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »
“@sheedjordan: ST JOHNS BOUND!!!!”

“@sheedjordan: @philgreene31 I will be on campus July 5 th for good bro”
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:46:42 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #2111 on: May 28, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »
“@sheedjordan: ST JOHNS BOUND!!!!”

“@sheedjordan: @philgreene31 I will be on campus July 5 th for good bro”

He is going to visit in June a few times and then as he states officially enroll for the 2nd summer session which runs July 11th to August 14th.

Then I think right after that is when they go on their Europe trip.

« Reply #2112 on: May 28, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Is their any way to watch Europe games this summer
Would be good PR
For next season!
Hammer to rock Lavs! :P

paultzman

« Reply #2113 on: May 30, 2013, 05:47:26 PM »
Kline Rosters with lots of StJ recruits in Underclassman group as well.

“@CerasolisGhost: Seton Hall commit @JarenSina is playing in the @MKC2K13 on Sunday in Philly. Fantastic cause & event: http://maryklineclassic.com/senior-roster/ #shbb”

crgreen

« Reply #2114 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:49 PM »
Kline Rosters with lots of StJ recruits in Underclassman group as well.

“@CerasolisGhost: Seton Hall commit @JarenSina is playing in the @MKC2K13 on Sunday in Philly. Fantastic cause & event: http://maryklineclassic.com/senior-roster/ #shbb”

Hope there's a stream of the game.  Obviously anxious to see Ryseed play.   But also have a morbid curiosity in seeing Canadian wing Mikyle McIntosh.   Looked like he was going to commit to Ben Howland's Bruins - but Steve Alford backed off the recruitment when he took over.   Secretly hoping this is going to be a "glad we didn't get him Remi Berry" kind of thing.   :)

« Reply #2115 on: May 31, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »
Reminder that the Mary Kline Classic is on Sunday in Philly.  Rysheed & a number of our underclassmen targets are playing.  Is anyone else from here going??
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

paultzman

« Reply #2116 on: June 03, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Jordan Envisioning NBA After St. John’s http://zagsblog.com/articles/jordan-envisioning-nba-after-st-johns/ @sheedjordan #stjbb”

MCNPA

« Reply #2117 on: June 03, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Jordan Envisioning NBA After St. John’s http://zagsblog.com/articles/jordan-envisioning-nba-after-st-johns/ @sheedjordan #stjbb”

If Rysheed is that good this year, then we will be amazing as a team. 

paultzman

« Reply #2118 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
“@ECoastBias: Looking ahead: Rysheed Jordan's role for the Johnnies #stjbb http://sbn.to/1aWy2YC

Key;
"But with two ball-dominant guards, how will ball-dominant Phil Greene IV fit? And how will point guard Jamal Branch - who struggled at times, but had some sharp games - make an impact?

The summer will start to tell a tale of either depth or discord. Can a creative talent - a player like Rysheed Jordan who can get his shot - make the Johnnies a deadlier scoring squad? Can the four guards form into a relentless, high-pressure, constant attack?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:09:31 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #2119 on: June 03, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »
I don't look at D'lo as being "ball dominant". Sure he likes to shoot but he rarely holds on to the ball for too long and usually makes quick decisions and passes. Rysheed seems to enjoy passing just as much as scoring and I don't foresee any problem with him and Rysheed coexisting. If anything I think they will make eachother better.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.