Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #461 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »
lol at least this rules out Syracuse

Nah people are tweeting him to come to Cuse and he's RT'ing them right back

Doomed Paultz ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #462 on: September 13, 2012, 10:00:22 PM »
I have a feeling the kid has never heard "New York, New York" by Mr. Sinatra.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:00:37 PM by steveyl15 »

paultzman

« Reply #463 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:25 PM »
SJU noted;

“@AdamZagoria: Coaches Calling on Chris McCullough http://t.co/RD41WOfE

kob24

« Reply #464 on: September 14, 2012, 02:10:31 PM »
If u lived in his projects u would understand that comment. It isn't a nice place to be

Moose

« Reply #465 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »
If u lived in his projects u would understand that comment. It isn't a nice place to be

Agreed and thats why its great we're national because of lot of kids don't want to see more concrete and want to see green grass and the rest of this great country.

sju89tr

« Reply #466 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »

Kids from NYC are exposed to so much more these days that in years past visiting the country with great AAU programs. It is going to be easier getting kids from Texas to come to NYC which they perceive to be exciting rather than getting the cream of the crop to consistently stay in NYC if you are from Brooklyn or the Bronx for example.

Kids from LA are different though and I don't think will ever truly love coming to NYC as they grew up in a big city without much stress and great weather every day. 

« Reply #467 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:57 PM »
Seems to me St. Johns is a great option.  He is out of the projects but close enough to see his family regularly.  After a year of college ball, he goes to the NBA and the entire family is out of the hood.

sju89tr

« Reply #468 on: September 14, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
Seems to me St. Johns is a great option.  He is out of the projects but close enough to see his family regularly.  After a year of college ball, he goes to the NBA and the entire family is out of the hood.

It was good enough for Moe and will be good enough for many others. We used to keep kids at home with the stipend. That has gone away but now we do have some level of campus life that did not exist before.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:50:45 PM by sju89tr »

« Reply #469 on: September 14, 2012, 03:13:12 PM »

It was good enough for Moe and will be good enough for many others. We used to keep kids at home with the stipend. That has gone away but now we do have some level of campus life that did not exist before.

are we sure the stipend is gone?  it's my understanding that many of our guys live off campus.

sju89tr

« Reply #470 on: September 14, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »

are we sure the stipend is gone?  it's my understanding that many of our guys live off campus.

I don't know how you work around it. 

Moose

« Reply #471 on: September 14, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

Under Norm he especially in the beginning he wanted guys on campus.  I think that changed when Lav took over.  Also remember the school has new 'off campus' housing now that didnt exist under Jarvis and Norm.

« Reply #472 on: September 14, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »

No need to work around it.  STJ still doesn't have enough on campus housing to not be considered a commuter school and commuter school's can offer stipends.  STJ can offer a stipend if they so desire.  Not saying they are but they can.

« Reply #473 on: September 14, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »

Kids from NYC are exposed to so much more these days that in years past visiting the country with great AAU programs. It is going to be easier getting kids from Texas to come to NYC which they perceive to be exciting rather than getting the cream of the crop to consistently stay in NYC if you are from Brooklyn or the Bronx for example.

Kids from LA are different though and I don't think will ever truly love coming to NYC as they grew up in a big city without much stress and great weather every day. 

What city?  This ain't no city dude.

paultzman

« Reply #474 on: September 18, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
“@BrewsterHoops: Syracuse will be on campus at Brewster today to see forward Chris McCullough '14”

paultzman

« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »
Wonder where RU is with Lawrence. IMO Lawrence reminds me of Obekpa, struggling with recruiting process. Perhaps for different reasons.

“@BrewsterHoops: #Rutgers head coach Mike Rice will be at Brewster today to see forward @CincoDeMayo_ and guard @JaredTerrell32”

“@BrewsterHoops: #Pitt head coach Jamie Dixon will be on campus today at Brewster to see guard @Buss34 and forward @CincoDeMayo_”

« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »
Wonder where RU is with Lawrence.

What do you mean?

A few weeks ago Lawrence named his top 7 and Rutgers wasn't on the list.

paultzman

« Reply #477 on: September 26, 2012, 10:01:33 AM »
Wonder where RU is with Lawrence.

What do you mean?

A few weeks ago Lawrence named his top 7 and Rutgers wasn't on the list.

Missed that, thanks.

paultzman

« Reply #478 on: October 03, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
Him I worry about.

“@RU4UofL: Rick Pitino will be on campus at Brewster today to see 2014 PF Chris McCullough @CincoDeMayo_ #Louisville #Cards http://t.co/Y5nyIRBn

paultzman

« Reply #479 on: October 03, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
Him I worry about.

“@RU4UofL: Rick Pitino will be on campus at Brewster today to see 2014 PF Chris McCullough @CincoDeMayo_ #Louisville #Cards http://t.co/Y5nyIRBn[/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:23:50 PM by paultzman »