• 694 replies
Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #520 on: October 22, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
Long way to go here.  Plenty of time for Tiny to run his mouth re: Isaiah

Zags is a real rags to riches story... not

SJU79

« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
I posted awhile back that for reasons I couldnt disclose Issiah wouldnt not be at SJU...the reason was two fold...at the time their was a "person" who many in the circuit know telling him SJU would not feature him thus hurting his chances at the next level and that if he stayed st SJU he would not get the isolation plays to showcase his game. I had been asked if it was a family member advisong him to leave the area but that was never the case. That person is no longer part of his circle so while I still believe SJU is on the outside looking in they are at least a legit possability. AS for Chris their is ZERO chance he ends up at WVU...it is a two team race between us and Cuse and from what I hear I hinestly believe that LAvin has left a really strong impression on the kid and he just might end up here. And Btw he has ELITE skills.

Moose

« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »
I posted awhile back that for reasons I couldnt disclose Issiah wouldnt not be at SJU...the reason was two fold...at the time their was a "person" who many in the circuit know telling him SJU would not feature him thus hurting his chances at the next level and that if he stayed st SJU he would not get the isolation plays to showcase his game. I had been asked if it was a family member advisong him to leave the area but that was never the case. That person is no longer part of his circle so while I still believe SJU is on the outside looking in they are at least a legit possability. AS for Chris their is ZERO chance he ends up at WVU...it is a two team race between us and Cuse and from what I hear I hinestly believe that LAvin has left a really strong impression on the kid and he just might end up here. And Btw he has ELITE skills.

Thanks for dropping in '79!
Remember who broke the Slice news

SJU79

« Reply #523 on: October 22, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
anytime I got something to share always glad...I know this is stating the complete obvious but these kids are so young and they have so many people tugging at them in different directions things change so quickly....its also sad that VERY few of them end uo mamking the decision based on what they truly want and where they really want to go

Moose

« Reply #524 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:49 AM »
anytime I got something to share always glad...I know this is stating the complete obvious but these kids are so young and they have so many people tugging at them in different directions things change so quickly....its also sad that VERY few of them end uo mamking the decision based on what they truly want and where they really want to go

Very true.  You might know better than I but Lavin's hands off approach I think is very much liked by recruits.  I don't think they feel even more overwhelmed as they probably do with most other coaches in addition to the handlers, etc...

I've always felt good about Chris and honestly I felt as time went on things would get even better with Whitehead.  Lets see as there is still a lot of time.

« Reply #525 on: October 22, 2012, 10:03:50 AM »
I think what happens with Isaih will depend a lot on what happens with us this year.  if we are a top 25 team, build buzz, and garner national attention, i think Isaih will have a very tough decision on his hands.

MCNPA

« Reply #526 on: October 22, 2012, 10:11:20 AM »
I think what happens with Isaih will depend a lot on what happens with us this year.  if we are a top 25 team, build buzz, and garner national attention, i think Isaih will have a very tough decision on his hands.

Imagine backcourt of Branch, whitehead, Rysheed and Greene?  Frontcourt of Lawrence, McCullough, Obekpa, Pointer etc?  Now I'm just daydreaming...

Happy

« Reply #527 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »

Tiny has zip to do with his recruitment and a family member DOES want him out of NY. Plenty of time to go though and if we play well it might make a big impression.

« Reply #528 on: October 22, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »

always greatly appreciative of your insight.

can you tell us anything about guys like Lawrence, Jordan, and Martin?  How does the staff feel about our chances?

pmg911

« Reply #529 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Tiny has zip to do with his recruitment and a family member DOES want him out of NY. Plenty of time to go though and if we play well it might make a big impression.

If the family wants him out of NYC so badly, why is he at Lincoln this year. The kid could attend any number of eltite prep schools for free if he wanted.

« Reply #530 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:21 AM »

He has time which is a good thing but he also needs to get his academics in order as well.

Happy

« Reply #531 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:21 AM »

If the family wants him out of NYC so badly, why is he at Lincoln this year. The kid could attend any number of eltite prep schools for free if he wanted.

Good question and one i wish i had the answer for. My guess is loyalty to the school.. but this is what i have hear on numerous occasions up to last week.
I would love more than anything to be wrong because i love the kids game.  Time will tell i guess

« Reply #532 on: October 22, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
I remember watching an episode of the reality show  "City Hardwood," (the show followed around Tiny Morton and the 2011-2012 Lincoln High School basketball team) where Isaiah Whitehead's mother mentioned that she would like to see her son attend St. John's due to its proximity to home. Obviously this was back in the winter and things may have changed, but maybe we also have a family member who is does want him in NYC.

Happy

« Reply #533 on: October 22, 2012, 12:49:58 PM »
I remember watching an episode of the reality show  "City Hardwood," (the show followed around Tiny Morton and the 2011-2012 Lincoln High School basketball team) where Isaiah Whitehead's mother mentioned that she would like to see her son attend St. John's due to its proximity to home. Obviously this was back in the winter and things may have changed, but maybe we also have a family member who is does want him in NYC.

Kids aren't the only ones who change their mind :)

« Reply #534 on: October 22, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »

Very true.  You might know better than I but Lavin's hands off approach I think is very much liked by recruits.  I don't think they feel even more overwhelmed as they probably do with most other coaches in addition to the handlers, etc...

I've always felt good about Chris and honestly I felt as time went on things would get even better with Whitehead.  Lets see as there is still a lot of time.
Agree with somewhat of a laid back approach when recruiting a kid but only if he is mature and this is what he wants. Some kids might be insecure and view it as a lack of interest as compared with schools recruiting them "harder" so you really have to take it on a case by case basis.

paultzman

« Reply #535 on: October 23, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »
Alex must be wetting his pants, as a Cuse student!

“@TheRecruitScoop: 2014 Brewster Academy (NH) forward Chris McCullough tells @FinkelsteinNERR that Syracuse is his leader.”

« Reply #536 on: October 23, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
Sucks to hear that but there is still a long time to go.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #537 on: October 23, 2012, 12:03:43 PM »
Doomed I tell you. 

Doomed

« Reply #538 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
evidently he attended sunday practice.  if this info   is after that it would be ominous.

MCNPA

« Reply #539 on: October 23, 2012, 12:12:34 PM »
Long way to go here.  Makes landing a guy like Lawrence more important though.  Still would love McCullough here...