Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY - SYRACUSE

• 694 replies
Re: Chris McCullough - Forward - Salisbury School (CT)- New York, NY
« Reply #540 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »
How long before he denies he said it... ;D ;D

« Reply #541 on: October 23, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
I don't know here. More than 1 reference with him today. May be legit.

LJSA

« Reply #542 on: October 23, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
If he says it in 15 months then I'll worry about it. If his family wants to see him play, BC and Maryland will be the closest places to catch his games.

« Reply #543 on: October 23, 2012, 12:46:46 PM »
evidently he attended sunday practice.  if this info   is after that it would be ominous.

Who knows, Ed.  I mean did Sampson and Sanchez commit to us immediately following your practice?

« Reply #544 on: October 23, 2012, 01:57:37 PM »
From his Facebook:

Chris McCullough
I got a good idea of where i want to play college basketball!

« Reply #545 on: October 23, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
If he says it in 15 months then I'll worry about it. If his family wants to see him play, BC and Maryland will be the closest places to catch his games.

Exactly.  I don't deny he said it I was half joking.  Remember when it was reported he said UCONN was his "dream school" or that he was "close to verballing to Arizona" after a visit.  He denied the UCONN comment but does anyone believe he actually did not say it or that the reporter somehow made it up?

I don't care what he says right now to be honest.  He is not close to committing and when he is that is when I will pay close attention.  SJU and SU will be there all the way.

Poison

« Reply #546 on: October 23, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »
I think what happens with Isaih will depend a lot on what happens with us this year.  if we are a top 25 team, build buzz, and garner national attention, i think Isaih will have a very tough decision on his hands.

Imagine backcourt of Branch, whitehead, Rysheed and Greene?  Frontcourt of Lawrence, McCullough, Obekpa, Pointer etc?
 Now I'm just daydreaming...

Don't forget Harrison.

paultzman

« Reply #547 on: October 23, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
"At the moment"

“@NYPost_Brazille: Chris McCullough @CincoDeMayo_ confirms to me Syracuse is his leader at the moment. #collegehoops”

« Reply #548 on: October 23, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »
It's not so alarming that Cuse has emerged as his leader. Although I knew we were in excellent shape, Cuse is a monster to deal with in recruiting.

The facebook comment Chris made though suggests a committment could be coming a lot sooner than I expected. My hope was that he would hold off and let the season play. If we have a strong season on the court that could make us more appealing.

But right now it's looking like all Cuse. Unfortunately.

paultzman

« Reply #549 on: October 23, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: McCullough: Syracuse, St. John's 'Showing the Most Love' http://t.co/NLxTKRnu

MCNPA

« Reply #550 on: October 23, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: McCullough: Syracuse, St. John's 'Showing the Most Love' http://t.co/NLxTKRnu

McCullough just denied that he has a leader.  Just said that SJU, SU and WVU most involved now...

LJSA

« Reply #551 on: October 23, 2012, 07:28:38 PM »
Boeheim could be dead tomorrow. Then what? This has a long way to go.

The days of us hanging on every tweet of a 16-year-old are over thanks to Lavin, or at least they should be. Just let it play out. If we get him, awesome. If he wants to travel from Syracuse to Clemson on a Tuesday night, more power to him.

« Reply #552 on: October 23, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
Boeheim could be dead tomorrow. .
you know something the rest of us dont :)

LJSA

« Reply #553 on: October 23, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »

My men are in place on the roof across the street from his favorite restaurant as we speak.  ;D

« Reply #554 on: October 23, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
Boeheim could be dead tomorrow. Then what? .....

I legitimately LOL'd when I read this.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #555 on: October 23, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
Boy McCullough really knows how to play the recruiting game.  This is at least the 3rd different story to come out today on him all with slightly different things to say.  Wingate story indicates that he has 7 schools coming at him "hard" and he has no favorites:

Earlier on Tuesday, McCullough posted on social media, "I got a good idea of where i want to play college basketball!."

When asked what he meant, the junior wing at Brewster Academy by way of the Bronx, NY responded that the seven schools coming hardest are; "St. John's, Rutgers, Syracuse, Louisville, West Virginia, UCLA and Pittsburgh." McCullough was also quick to add the caveat, "I don't have an order of schools."

McCullough did narrow down his choice of conferences, stating that his preference is either to play in the "Big East or ACC."

Asked to describe the appeal of the St. John's Red Storm, "[I have a] good relationship with the coaches," McCullough said. "I feel like I'm home when I'm there."

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1426392

« Reply #556 on: October 24, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
And now Alex Kline with story no. 15 on McCullough...

http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1426524

St. John's, West Virginia and Syracuse are working hard for McCullough, who is spending his junior year at Brewster Academy (NH). Whitehead is drawing most of his looks from St. John's, Rutgers and Syracuse as the Lincoln (NY) guard was invited to both Midnight Madness events in New York, but couldn't make either.

While there is no timetable on a college decision for either, the two work well on the court together and continue to talk about the idea of a package deal. With Syracuse and St. John's being the main options, could a recruiting rivalry for the top New York City kids be brewing between these Big East foes even with Syracuse moving out soon?

After receiving a variety of attention on his leader, the 6-foot-10 combo forward who attended St. John's practice on Sunday, announced that he didn't, "really have a leader school right now," and that it felt like, "Syracuse, West Virginia and St. John's (were) showing the most love."

Moose

« Reply #557 on: October 24, 2012, 09:18:04 AM »

St. John's, West Virginia and Syracuse are working hard for McCullough, who is spending his junior year at Brewster Academy (NH). Whitehead is drawing most of his looks from St. John's, Rutgers and Syracuse as the Lincoln (NY) guard was invited to both Midnight Madness events in New York, but couldn't make either.

While there is no timetable on a college decision for either, the two work well on the court together and continue to talk about the idea of a package deal. With Syracuse and St. John's being the main options, could a recruiting rivalry for the top New York City kids be brewing between these Big East foes even with Syracuse moving out soon?

After receiving a variety of attention on his leader, the 6-foot-10 combo forward who attended St. John's practice on Sunday, announced that he didn't, "really have a leader school right now," and that it felt like, "Syracuse, West Virginia and St. John's (were) showing the most love."

I thought Zona and FLA were after Whitehead?
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #558 on: October 24, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »

Pitino could kill him tomorrow, who knows  :D

sju89tr

« Reply #559 on: October 24, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »

I thought Zona and FLA were after Whitehead?

Someone told me it was AZ KY and SYR as the leaders. I still think we will be involved to the end with Whitehead.