Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies
Re: Darrick Wood - SG - Bridgton Academy - Washington, DC
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2012, 06:25:52 PM »
Any chance that St.John's becomes involved with Wood again?

gman

« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
Any chance that St.John's becomes involved with Wood again?

Look back one post.

DFF6

« Reply #423 on: February 28, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »
http://coxsportsonline.com/archives/3205

Still like this kid.  Not sure if he will academically qualify, but if so, I would hope we're still first on his list. Good shooter and athletic.  Nice fit within Lav's system.

« Reply #424 on: March 17, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
Any update on Darrick? Is off our radar?

Chilleb

« Reply #425 on: March 17, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »
I would think so with all the other 2 guards we were involved with, one guy I would def want back right about now is Jevon Thomas. We could use him right about now

paultzman

« Reply #426 on: March 17, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
Did Thomas sign w Dayton?

MCNPA

« Reply #427 on: March 17, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
I would think so with all the other 2 guards we were involved with, one guy I would def want back right about now is Jevon Thomas. We could use him right about now

He isn't really a 2guard and there are reasons we broke off ties with Jevon from what I've been told.  Guy id like to have is Katin Reinhardt.  He's a stud.

Moose

« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »

Why do we need him when we have a Top 50 pg in Branch?
Jevon went to A-10 school because A-10 accepts partial qualifiers the big 6 conferences don't.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »

Jevon went to A-10 school because A-10 accepts partial qualifiers the big 6 conferences don't.
As our backup, Phil Greene is not a point guard

Moose

« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »

What Greene did this year in full time makes him more than capable to spell a few minutes.

« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »

What Greene did this year in full time makes him more than capable to spell a few minutes.

+1
need a shooter much more than another pg IMO
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

He did well in the stagnated half court offense we played this yea due to deph but I'm not sold on his ability to create in the open court full time. We're gonna be run and gun next year and that is not his strong suit. We had a remarkable number of shot clock violations  this year because of a lack of ability to create

« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
I like Greene a lot actually.  I think he will be much improved next year.

It's too bad about Wood.  I'm not sure if he is still an option or not.  It seems like his offense had really improved.  Any mention that he will prep for a year?  Or is this his prep year?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Chilleb

« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »
I like Greene a lot actually.  I think he will be much improved next year.

It's too bad about Wood.  I'm not sure if he is still an option or not.  It seems like his offense had really improved.  Any mention that he will prep for a year?  Or is this his prep year?
I love him as well but  woul live him a lot more in the wing full time

Moose

« Reply #435 on: March 17, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »

He did well in the stagnated half court offense we played this yea due to deph but I'm not sold on his ability to create in the open court full time. We're gonna be run and gun next year and that is not his strong suit. We had a remarkable number of shot clock violations  this year because of a lack of ability to create

On the contrary I think he excels in the running and gunning.  The half court is what killed him where he would dribble for 30 seconds and pass to Dom for a bad last second three.  With enough bodies where we can run I love the thought of Phil in transition.

Chilleb

« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »

On the contrary I think he excels in the running and gunning.  The half court is what killed him where he would dribble for 30 seconds and pass to Dom for a bad last second three.  With enough bodies where we can run I love the thought of Phil in transition.
Stailmate.. Guess theres only one way to find out. Can't wait till fall

desco80

« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »
Don't mean to repeat another poster's question,
But does anyone know if Wood is on track to be eligible this year?   Or is he looking to re-classify to '13? 

kob24

« Reply #438 on: March 17, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
No need for wood. And keep Greene at the point. It fits him much better then a 2

« Reply #439 on: March 18, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
No need for wood. And keep Greene at the point. It fits him much better then a 2

You got any idea how branch has looked kob?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.