Is everyone on campus?

• 167 replies
Re: Is everyone on campus?
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »
If Jakarr is eligible then it might be a good sign for the other 2 since they took classes together this summer. I'm hoping Jakarr is. If he wasn't why would Goodman exclude him?

pmg911

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 08:13:13 PM »
If Jakarr is eligible then it might be a good sign for the other 2 since they took classes together this summer. I'm hoping Jakarr is. If he wasn't why would Goodman exclude him?

I bet Sampason is ok..

Brewster has a good history of getting their kids eligible.

Moose

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 10:47:17 PM »
If Amir is in limbo its probably not academics.  Findlay has a pretty good background. Very similar to Brewster.  Maybe it has to do with the Reds and the NCAA is crossing their T's and dotting their I's.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »
Stay patient.

pmg911

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
Stay patient.

You are right but its terrible that it is taking this long.

I would have to think it will make them think twice moving about recruiting kids with questionable academics. The sad thing is that it is certainly not hard to make sure you have your core classes in order while in high school. If you have a coach,parent or guardian with half a brain you ahould be able to be on track.

The problem arises with these kids that keep transferring schools and moving around solely for basketball reasons. These young men are getting manipulated by AAU coaches and/or handlers who all have their own agenda.

MCNPA

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
Stay patient.

You are right but its terrible that it is taking this long.

I would have to think it will make them think twice moving about recruiting kids with questionable academics. The sad thing is that it is certainly not hard to make sure you have your core classes in order while in high school. If you have a coach,parent or guardian with half a brain you ahould be able to be on track.

The problem arises with these kids that keep transferring schools and moving around solely for basketball reasons. These young men are getting manipulated by AAU coaches and/or handlers who all have their own agenda.

We took some chances because of the high level talent we went after from top to bottom.  This wouldn't be a worry any other year except when we have to stock an entire team of players.  I believe that Amir and Jakarr are expected to be cleared.  From what I heard, the main worry is the guy that is not Amir nor Jakarr.  Doesn't mean he won't be cleared, just that there is some concern.  Like Fordham said, be patient.  We'll hear next week I believe. 

crgreen

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
New school week beginning.   Is there nothing new to report on Amir and Norvel?

LJSA

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 11:18:45 PM »
New school week beginning.   Is there nothing new to report on Amir and Norvel?

I don't get how the NCAA can screw with kids like this. I'd love to see a ton of lawsuits someday.

Marillac

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 11:24:59 PM »
If Amir is in limbo its probably not academics.  Findlay has a pretty good background. Very similar to Brewster.  Maybe it has to do with the Reds and the NCAA is crossing their T's and dotting their I's.

Sorry Moose Findley is nothing like Brewster.  Brewster is a real school...a great school Amd Findley is run by a business man as a front for a basketball factory.

Moose

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »

Sorry Moose Findley is nothing like Brewster.  Brewster is a real school...a great school Amd Findley is run by a business man as a front for a basketball factory.

Has Findlay had players ineligible before?  For Academics specifically.

http://www.masslive.com/hoophallclassic/index.ssf/2011/01/findlay_prep.html

Peck points out that all Findlay Prep graduates have been NCAA eligible from the moment they set foot on a college campus
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:29:57 PM by Moose »

Marillac

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
Findleybwont be around in three years.  It is a very slippery slope they are on.

Moose

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
Findleybwont be around in three years.  It is a very slippery slope they are on.

Alright. I bookmarked your post.

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:13 AM »
Amir broke a backboard last night, but it wasn't in Taffner. Pictures on twitter. He's def not on campus yet. Got to think we will hear something at any moment.

Like most, I thought Findley was legit. Most of their kids usually play.

MCNPA

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Amir broke a backboard last night, but it wasn't in Taffner. Pictures on twitter. He's def not on campus yet. Got to think we will hear something at any moment.

Like most, I thought Findley was legit. Most of their kids usually play.

He broke it at Sierra Vista, his old HS.

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »
I heard on a telecast that Findley is a residence and players attend a local high school

LJSA

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »
It's total bullshit that the NCAA tries to portray themselves as being so concerned with academics, and then makes kids miss the first two weeks of freshmen year.

Even worse, the first two weeks are the best time to lay the groundwork with the hot chick on your floor that you want to have sex with.

crgreen

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
It's total bullshit that the NCAA tries to portray themselves as being so concerned with academics, and then makes kids miss the first two weeks of freshmen year.

Even worse, the first two weeks are the best time to lay the groundwork with the hot chick on your floor that you want to have sex with.

Yes, because a 6'6 uber athelete who the whole world knows just scored a $1,000,000 signing bonus is gonna have problems in that regard....

LJSA

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2011, 05:09:03 PM »
I knew I should have thrown a disclaimer in there.

crgreen

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
I knew I should have thrown a disclaimer in there.

And I should have thrown in a smiley-face!  :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:12:45 PM by crgreen »

MCNPA

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »
Fwiw, I heard tonight that while no official word yet, it "looks good" for all of our athletes to obtain qualifying status at sju this upcoming season.