Pelle, Sampson, Garrett Ruled Ineligible for Fall

• 266 replies
Re: Pelle, Sampson, Garrett Ruled Ineligible for Fall
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »
If it it were up to me, and if it were possible, I would cut all ties and communication with these kids, kindly show them the door, and never welcome them back.  I don't know all the details of their ineligibility, but if they don't have the smarts or discipline to make themselves eligible, I don't want them associated with this university at all.  It's absolutely embarrassing.
this post is absolutely embarassing.  really, really embarassing.

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 11:57:42 PM »
Garrett tweeted today saying how much he loved st john's fans. God I hope he doesn't read this thread..

And if you do infact read this Amir, know that those fans who do say stupid $hit do not speak for the majority of us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
If it it were up to me, and if it were possible, I would cut all ties and communication with these kids, kindly show them the door, and never welcome them back.  I don't know all the details of their ineligibility, but if they don't have the smarts or discipline to make themselves eligible, I don't want them associated with this university at all.  It's absolutely embarrassing.

Sorry but I can't have a pity party for a group of men who can't seem to get their sh*t together.....thousands and thousands, if not millions, of college students have no trouble making themselves eligible every year, why couldn't these kids?

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »

Sorry but I can't have a pity party for a group of men who can't seem to get their sh*t together.....thousands and thousands, if not millions, of college students have no trouble making themselves eligible every year, why couldn't these kids?
you have no clue of what's going on, except to post poorly formed opinions with no known facts of the situation.  That reflects poorly on you. Didn't you learn anything in college you miscreant?

BTW, Norvel has a really positive attitude and is holding his chin high to get back on the court. Amir WILL get out there - determined big time. JaKarr shall return like MacArthur to rejoin his mates next year with Ricardo and Kyle.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:16:26 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »
Garrett tweeted today saying how much he loved st john's fans. God I hope he doesn't read this thread..

And if you do infact read this Amir, know that those fans who do say stupid $hit do not speak for the majority of us.

No doubt everyone makes mistakes, its about how you deal with it. I'm giving them my support through this whole process and am confident that they will get through this

kob24

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »

dude u sound soooo silly right now. before u press post sit back and read what u are writing. 

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »

i shouldn't waste my energy...but.
not everyone is a great student...but these guys are great at something.  of the millions and millions of kids playing basketball...they're in the top 100.  think about it.  what are you great at?
maybe after they graduate to the nba, they'll let you shine their shoes.

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »
Everyone needs to be on Troll alert...especially for posters with their first post being today. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 12:45:20 AM »
To Jakarr, Amir and Norvel keep your head up and stay focused on your goals and you'll get there. Thank you guys for committing to SJU and we're all behind you guys. Stay positive and Lets Go Redmen

MCNPA

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 12:49:39 AM »
KOB said it.  All 3 can get their workmdone this fall and be ready part way into the season and we won't lose that much.  We weren't excepting to be a final 4 team this year.  Nobody likes this, but it is what it is.  Really hope they all ultimately gain eligibility for the second semester and joint this team.  Now is not the time to turn our backs on the kids nor program, which is going to be real special in a year or two.  Our setbacks were caused by a coach daring to be great, and IMO we NEED that more than anything.  I hope all 3 put in the work and are on this team second semester.  If one or two are not, Lavin has an extra ship or two next season and that's it.  No other repercussions.  I am certain we won't need to take as many risks moving forward with fewer ships to fill.  Now, if we can get Kyle Anderson on board, it would make coping all that much easier.

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »
dave im trying so hard to bite my tounge right now.

I stop reading at times.

In response to everyone else, St. John's was founded as a Vincentian school. You might want to brush up on the foundation this school was built on. No way would they abandon these 3 kids.

These kids have been so awesome as individuals and as a unit since they committed. They've had nothing but love for the school. Some of these kids its not for lack of trying in school either. I hope everything works out for them whether its with St. John's or at another institution. They aren't trouble makers, jerks, or ungrateful.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pk

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2011, 01:18:26 AM »
I agree with MCNPA and kob. I read this story and it was like the air going out of the balloon but you're right. We weren't going to contend for an NCAA championship anyway, and it may free up some ships that will be put to use with a more experienced team. That being said, are all three on campus anyway? Are they at their respective homes now? If they are in NYC one would think they plan on sticking around and are willing to do what it takes to join the team, hopefully in the spring. On a side note, not that it would, but I sure hope this doesn't negatively influence someone's birthday decision.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:21:45 AM by pk »

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 01:21:37 AM »
Damn I just remembered about Dwayne Polee. haha I wonder what he's thinking right now....he would have played a ton!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

ris

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »
Damn I just remembered about Dwayne Polee. haha I wonder what he's thinking right now....he would have played a ton!

Or Ronald Roberts.

Wods317

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 01:41:10 AM »
My question is how do we play with 7 scholarship players if these guys don't come back by December? We have one big man and 4 combo guards. I know these kids tried to get qualified and unfortunately it didn't work out but now its time to look forward and we have a huge depth issue going into the season. We need KA more than ever right now and for Pelle and Garrett to come back in December bc man we are thin especially up front. With the roster as it is now we could get eaten alive in the BE this year.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:42:20 AM by Wods317 »

Wods317

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2011, 01:47:22 AM »
From his tweets sounds like Amir is dedicated to coming in next semester I hope Pelle feels the same way and we can us Sampsons schollie on another big.

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:40 AM »

Peanuts- what program do you root for?

you sign up for the 1st time to post today on obviously a negative day for our program,
- and your 1st 3 posts are berating the student athletes who want to play for St Johns.

Not all kids have grades come easy to them.
Lets cut them some slack, hope they are able and willing to complete the necessary coursework,
 and hope they dont read your posts as indicative of true St Johns fans
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:01:04 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

MCNPA

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:51 AM »

Peanuts- what program do you root for?

you sign up for the 1st time to post today on obviously a negative day for our program,
- and your 1st 3 posts are berating the student athletes who want to play for St Johns.

Not all kids have grades come easy to them.
Lets cut them some slack, hope they are able and willing to complete the necessary coursework,
 and hope they dont read your posts as indicative of true St Johns fans

He's probably one of those fans of other programs like Mr. Hoya who is pissed that the SJU boards are not chaos at this point except for a few outliers.  Seton hall fans would be lining up at the bridges.  On our worst day with several ineligible guys, I'd still rather have our talent than a low tier roster like SHU has.  Sorry. 

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
he was norm roberts' biggest supporter right to the end on redmen.com.

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
“We’re going to get them everything they ask for as early as possible, but we’re optimistic everything will be taken care of and he will be able to play at St. John’s in December.”

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32003827
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!