ACC accepts Cuse and Pitt

• 171 replies
Re: ACC accepts Cuse and Pitt
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2011, 07:30:40 PM »

Looks weird, but I could live with it. The problem is that half those teams would eventually get raided anyway.

St. John's                Kansas
Seton Hall               Kansas St.
Providence              Missouri
Villanova                 Baylor
Georgetown             Iowa State
S. Florida                Notre Dame
UConn                    Louisville
Rutgers                  Cincinnati

I forgot TCU, so if we somehow managed to keep everyone, add Temple to the eastern portion. Eighteen-team conference, 12 football.

You forgot Depaul as well.

« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2011, 07:39:23 PM »
Hearing FSU Miami and poss VA Teach to sec, lol i would love to see this move backfire on pitt and cuse. Can see it now cuse v wake forest both teams 0-6 lmao

« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2011, 07:50:50 PM »
If George Mason, VCU and Butler can make the Elite Eight, why stops SJU from being a player? Gonzaga from the Big West is formidable team with a killer schedule and has national attention every year. How about Auburn, Georgia, Washington, Colorado, Iowa, Clemson, NC St. and others who are mediocre or less every year despite the advantages of a major conference. Do expect that to change for those  teams with the conference realignments. They will still suck!.

It will harder, but still think SJU and MSG are a major draw for recruits and TV! After all it is all about the money and nothing else.

« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2011, 07:55:31 PM »
Does anyone have any idea how much an ACC school makes per year on football ?

LJSA

« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

Looks weird, but I could live with it. The problem is that half those teams would eventually get raided anyway.

St. John's                Kansas
Seton Hall               Kansas St.
Providence              Missouri
Villanova                 Baylor
Georgetown             Iowa State
S. Florida                Notre Dame
UConn                    Louisville
Rutgers                  Cincinnati

I think Rutgers, WVU, and UConn are probably all gone. We would probably have to add a few schools from smaller conferences.

I think UConn, Rutgers, WVU, Louisville, and Missouri are gone. This was an absolute best case scenario for all the pro-football, big-conference guys. But as yankcranker pointed out, I forgot DePaul (and also Marquette), so this scenario may not have worked anyway.

ras

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2011, 09:26:08 AM »
Ironically when Miami was in the BE they were perennial national contenders in FB and had some great BB years. VT was also a top FB team and BC seems like they have declined in both sports. The ACC hasn't helped these teams.

« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
Ironically when Miami was in the BE they were perennial national contenders in FB and had some great BB years. VT was also a top FB team and BC seems like they have declined in both sports. The ACC hasn't helped these teams.

Great BB years?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

ras

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »
I dont remember exactly what year it was .But when we won the BE tourny we beat Miami in the finals and I believe we and Miami were ranked around 10 at one point.

« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2011, 02:28:28 PM »
I dont remember exactly what year it was .But when we won the BE tourny we beat Miami in the finals and I believe we and Miami were ranked around 10 at one point.

We beat UConn with Khalid El-Amin. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

ras

« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
Nevertheless, they had ranked teams and their inclusion to the acc has done nothing for their program relative to the success they had in the BE.

« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »

We beat UConn with Khalid El-Amin.
Beat Miami, but lost to Khalid El-Amin and UConn in 98-99 (but beat Terps for Elite Eight bid), then beat Miami again plus UConn in Final in '99-'00.  sSo you both are thinking of the 2000 season/Beast Tourney.

ras

« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
. Was reading redmen.com and some Cuse fan posted. He said most fans support the move because the money difference between the BE and ACC is substantial. Hard to compete with $.