Mike Waters pre-season BE MEDIA poll

• 28 replies
Re: Mike Waters pre-season BE MEDIA poll
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
I hope people touting Providence understand that Kris Dunn and Ricky Ledo are not do in until NEXT year... LOL!

Moose

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
I hope people touting Providence understand that Kris Dunn and Ricky Ledo are not do in until NEXT year... LOL!

Come on man, seriously? ha
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 12:34:12 PM »
since the Pits and acCuse are trying to destroy the Big East, I would not even cast 1/2 a vote for any of their players.  Let them see how many ACC votes they can get if they want pre or post season recognition.

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:11 PM »
Are you serious with Providence?

On paper what does PC have?

I believe Council, Coleman and Dixon are pretty decent players.  Maybe, a couple of others step up....  Maybe, not.  Not to mention, they played very, undisciplined basketball under Keno Davis. 

I didn't say, they would be 7-10.  I said, 11-13.  That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a team that is semi-veteran laden.

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »

I believe Council, Coleman and Dixon are pretty decent players.  Maybe, a couple of others step up....  Maybe, not.  Not to mention, they played very, undisciplined basketball under Keno Davis. 

I didn't say, they would be 7-10.  I said, 11-13.  That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for a team that is semi-veteran laden.

Maybe not but that is a BIG leap from no. 16.  Keep in mind they finished 4-14 last year including a loss to DePaul with Marshon Brooks.  They don't have him anymore and they are not bringing in anything special.  Keep in mind the 11th place team last year went 9-9 in the BE and the 12th place team went 7-11.

So you are saying that PC could go 8-10 with a very weak roster that graduated their best player coming off a 4-14 season, with no major recruits signed,  a new staff coaching in a BCS conference for the 1st time and with most thinking they could literally be the WORST team in the Big East. 2-16 to 7-11/8-10 is a HUGE leap.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »

Maybe not but that is a BIG leap from no. 16.  Keep in mind they finished 4-14 last year including a loss to DePaul with Marshon Brooks.  They don't have him anymore and they are not bringing in anything special.  Keep in mind the 11th place team last year went 9-9 in the BE and the 12th place team went 7-11.

So you are saying that PC could go 8-10 with a very weak roster that graduated their best player coming off a 4-14 season, with no major recruits signed,  a new staff coaching in a BCS conference for the 1st time and with most thinking they could literally be the WORST team in the Big East. 2-16 to 7-11/8-10 is a HUGE leap.

But Ed Cooley is God.
Didn't ShurinaCheese tell you that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »

But Ed Cooley is God.

@fordham:  I've looked at their schedule, and on paper, 11-13 could be too high for 'em.  But, I still do not believe they'll be in last place. 

@Moose:  LOL 

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »

But Ed Cooley is God.

@fordham:  I've looked at their schedule, and on paper, 11-13 could be too high for 'em.  But, I still do not believe they'll be in last place. 

Is it really too hard to imagin providence finishing better than south florida, depaul, and seton hall?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

But Ed Cooley is God.

Is it really too hard to imagin providence finishing better than south florida, depaul, and seton hall?

Yes, not so much on DePaul.  The larger question is can you see them winning more then 3-4 games? I can't.  Also can a reasonable person looking at what I posted conclude that Providence may have the worst team in the Big East?  Yes.