Kentucky - Game Thread

• 196 replies

Moose

Re: Kentucky - Game Thread
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »
We have been awful on offense and are only down 11 that is encouraging. Now that we have felt them out hopefully we can get some more things going on offense while maintaining good defensive possessions. Remember this is many of their 1st college road game and to have it at Rupp against #1 UK is tough. Some better shots and we can climb back in it

The thing is, is that Kentucky has played that great either

Probably Kentucky's worst half of the season.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:21 PM »
We have been awful on offense and are only down 11 that is encouraging. Now that we have felt them out hopefully we can get some more things going on offense while maintaining good defensive possessions. Remember this is many of their 1st college road game and to have it at Rupp against #1 UK is tough. Some better shots and we can climb back in it

The thing is, is that Kentucky has played that great either

Unfortunately that is also true

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:52 PM »
*THAT'S* what happens when you speed up the pace vs Kentucky and try to drive into the lane off the dribble.

Moose

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
*THAT'S* what happens when you speed up the pace vs Kentucky and try to drive into the lane off the dribble.

Try drawing a foul.  This isn't a video game.

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2011, 08:50:37 PM »
I dont care who came to us with what reputation......OUR TEAM CANT SHOOT!!!

boo3

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
 I texted my buddy in Kentucky whose obviously a big UK fan.  Busted his chops about Jones's lane violation at the end of the half.

His response.

Co-Rupp-T Arena.

I like that one.

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »
I think Nuri killed any hope he may have had of going to the league next year with the number of scouts that were probably in attendance tonight. kid did not show up at all

boo3

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011, 09:09:37 PM »
I think Nuri killed any hope he may have had of going to the league next year with the number of scouts that were probably in attendance tonight. kid did not show up at all

That may be the best thing that comes out of this game...seriously.

Going to give some props to GG.  He looked awful last few games.  He's battling against some legit competition.  That is my positive take so far.  Props to gift.  Keep fighting!

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
Anybody who thinks we belong on the same court as Kentucky AT THIS STAGE is smoking something illegal. Our best offense is a 35 second violation.

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
Men vs boys.

boo3

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:03 PM »
  Our goal is to have the program on a competitive level with Uk  moving forward.  Clearly, it isn't an overnight process.  A few years and we will be there.  Keep the faith.

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
faith just flew out the window after that dunk

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2011, 09:33:12 PM »
thank you nuri....best thing you have done all night. glad someone finally hit someone

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »
Not an all that surprising result. We need size and bodies badly. It's really too bad Pelle AND Sampson were both ineligible. We could have really used just one of them.

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »
Hope some of you cockeyed optimists got a dose of reality tonite. IMO coach Lavs should have been a little more forceful when he advised Malik to transfer. Sorry but he is not a BE caliber player. And for those of you who will say it doesn't matter cause we have many unused schollies well maybe Lavs would have signed another player for this year and would not have had to be concerned about saving an extr schollie for this year-maybe a juco contibutor.

boo3

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »
Hope some of you cockeyed optimists got a dose of reality tonite. IMO coach Lavs should have been a little more forceful when he advised Malik to transfer. Sorry but he is not a BE caliber player. And for those of you who will say it doesn't matter cause we have many unused schollies well maybe Lavs would have signed another player for this year and would not have had to be concerned about saving an extr schollie for this year-maybe a juco contibutor.

Who are all of these cockeyed optimists?

Let me get this straight,  you wanted a team with all new comers?  Lavin should have forced Stith to transfer?  I don't even know how to respond to that. Of course that is the reason we lost by 30 to UK.

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2011, 09:43:07 PM »
what was spread? Someone got screwed

Moose

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2011, 09:44:56 PM »

I saw it anywhere from 21 to 24.

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »

thought i saw 22.5. Pointer made a lot of friends and a lot of enemy's with that last trey.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.