Kentucky - Game Thread

• 196 replies

Poison

Re: Kentucky - Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2011, 12:45:31 AM »
Does anybody have any idea what the coaching staffs philosophy is on our substitution patterns? I would think it can't be that intricate due to the fact we only have 7 guys but I can't help but notice the wrong 5 are in at all the wrong moments, offensively and defensively.

Yes: don't foul out.

Poison

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2011, 12:50:54 AM »
One thing to take away from tonight: God's Gift needs more touches. He has been hot and cold this year, but tonight, he showed that he's learning how to play his game at this level. I'm not sure he'll face a tougher frontcourt all season. Probably not, but we need to build on this game for him for it to have any point.

One guy came ready. Get God the ball in Detroit. If we don't, we'll lose.

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2011, 01:39:48 AM »
kentucky -23.5........I would take the points. SJU cant be that bad after being embarrassed by NE.

They covered

Marillac

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2011, 06:39:24 AM »
I think Nuri killed any hope he may have had of going to the league next year with the number of scouts that were probably in attendance tonight. kid did not show up at all

Nuri never had a chance...are we still talking about this NBA b*llshit with him?  Some of you guys need to step on off the ledge.  Our fanbase can embarrassing at times.  We are dealing with freshman.  Kentucky has two seniors and two amazing sophs that started for a very good team last year. There freshman didn't look that much better than ours. Davis is upper long and talented but he has the benefit of playing with a starting frontline that includes a 6'8 senior and a 6'9 250 pound lottery pick.  I thought Moe was every bit as good as both Jones and Davis, albeit a bit smaller and without the star studded roster.

Not happy about the outcome but these are freshman that are learning and will return next season exponentially better.  This was a great experience for them.
E,

« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
I thought Moe was every bit as good as both Jones and Davis

Were you watching the game with a blindfold on or just very red colored glasses?

« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »
Setting the Ncaa records for most shots blocked, most shot clock violations and most alley-oop dunks against on national TV is granted less than ideal.  The game was like going to school wearing your underwear on the outside of your pants on the embarrassement scale.

But complaining about coaching srategy and questioning substitution patterns and defensive alignments in a contest where you're just planned outclassed, outmanned and overmatched seems a silly excersice in futility.

We covered the spread which, in spite of what we witnessed, pretty much renders last evening a darn decent effort.

boo3

« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2011, 08:58:39 AM »
 everyone...please step away from the ledge...thank you

We lost by 22 to UK at Rupp.  We didn't not belong on the same court with them..  Not unexpected.

Marillac-  You are out of your mind.  Davis and Jones are top ten picks in the NBA draft...this season.  The difference between a top 10 recruit and a 20-50 ranked recruit is stark,  as we saw last night.

Its not the end of the world.  growing pains people....growing pains.

« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »
Setting the Ncaa records for most shots blocked, most shot clock violations and most alley-oop dunks against on national TV is granted less than ideal.  The game was like going to school wearing your underwear on the outside of your pants on the embarrassement scale.

But complaining about coaching srategy and questioning substitution patterns and defensive alignments in a contest where you're just planned outclassed, outmanned and overmatched seems a silly excersice in futility.

We covered the spread which, in spite of what we witnessed, pretty much renders last evening a darn decent effort.
Unfortunately college aged kids of today would not be embarrassed wearing their underwear on the outside of their pants. :(

« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2011, 09:08:49 AM »
Hope some of you cockeyed optimists got a dose of reality tonite. IMO coach Lavs should have been a little more forceful when he advised Malik to transfer. Sorry but he is not a BE caliber player. And for those of you who will say it doesn't matter cause we have many unused schollies well maybe Lavs would have signed another player for this year and would not have had to be concerned about saving an extr schollie for this year-maybe a juco contibutor.

Who are all of these cockeyed optimists?

Let me get this straight,  you wanted a team with all new comers?  Lavin should have forced Stith to transfer?  I don't even know how to respond to that. Of course that is the reason we lost by 30 to UK.
Who are these cockeyed optimists? Read these freaking boards! Wanted a team of all newcomers? No I would have wanted a team of 13 Malik Stiths like you apparently would. You have got to be kidding me with your response to my post bigboy. Boo fing hoo!

boo3

« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »
Hope some of you cockeyed optimists got a dose of reality tonite. IMO coach Lavs should have been a little more forceful when he advised Malik to transfer. Sorry but he is not a BE caliber player. And for those of you who will say it doesn't matter cause we have many unused schollies well maybe Lavs would have signed another player for this year and would not have had to be concerned about saving an extr schollie for this year-maybe a juco contibutor.

Who are all of these cockeyed optimists?

Let me get this straight,  you wanted a team with all new comers?  Lavin should have forced Stith to transfer?  I don't even know how to respond to that. Of course that is the reason we lost by 30 to UK.
Who are these cockeyed optimists? Read these freaking boards! Wanted a team of all newcomers? No I would have wanted a team of 13 Malik Stiths like you apparently would. You have got to be kidding me with your response to my post bigboy. Boo fing hoo!

Huh?  Little early to be drinking, ya think?  You stated that Lavin should have been more forceful in getting Stith to transfer, did you not?  Therefore, i can only deduce, that you would prefer to have a team comprised 100% of newcomers since malik is our only returning player.  Are you following along now?

As for me wanting to have a team of 13 Malik Stith's, well that's just a silly assertion on your part.  Stith isn't going to break any records while he's here but i do see the value in returning at least one player for last years team.  After all, Lavin named him a team captain.

Once again,  do you think Stith being here is something to really bitch about at this stage? 

Before the season there were a few posters who thought we had a chance to slid into the tournament.  Anyone who has seen the first 8 games this season realizes that it isn't going to happen.  What is your definition of cockeyed optimist anyway?  Is it someone who comes on here after a bad loss and doesn't cry like the someone took their binky away? 

« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:22 AM »
I think Nuri killed any hope he may have had of going to the league next year with the number of scouts that were probably in attendance tonight. kid did not show up at all

Nuri never had a chance...are we still talking about this NBA b*llshit with him?  Some of you guys need to step on off the ledge.  Our fanbase can embarrassing at times.  We are dealing with freshman.  Kentucky has two seniors and two amazing sophs that started for a very good team last year. There freshman didn't look that much better than ours. Davis is upper long and talented but he has the benefit of playing with a starting frontline that includes a 6'8 senior and a 6'9 250 pound lottery pick.  I thought Moe was every bit as good as both Jones and Davis, albeit a bit smaller and without the star studded roster.

Not happy about the outcome but these are freshman that are learning and will return next season exponentially better.  This was a great experience for them.
E,

Best play Nuri made was that intentional foul

CC

« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
what was spread? Someone got screwed

I was getting 24 , huge three by Sir Dom.

Marillac

« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »

We lost by 22 to UK at Rupp.  We didn't not belong on the same court with them..  Not unexpected.

Marillac-  You are out of your mind.  Davis and Jones are top ten picks in the NBA draft...this season.  The difference between a top 10 recruit and a 20-50 ranked recruit is stark,  as we saw last night.

Harkless beat Jones off the dribble twice and hung around with that huge frontline...Jones has a pro body, an extra inch, and a full year more of experience.  Harkless will be the better pro IMO...but he still has a lot of work to do.  Davis is just so long and. If, but switch him and Moe and the results are much closer.  Moe just continues to I
Press me...the painting isn't finished yet, but I can see it is going to be a masterpiece.

I was a little upset with Harrison...he's got to get himself set better on his shots...when he does, he's automatic.  The best thing about freshman is that they become sophs. 
E

« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »

Harkless beat Jones off the dribble twice and hung around with that huge frontline...Jones has a pro body, an extra inch, and a full year more of experience.  Harkless will be the better pro IMO...but he still has a lot of work to do.  Davis is just so long and. If, but switch him and Moe and the results are much closer.  Moe just continues to I
Press me...the painting isn't finished yet, but I can see it is going to be a masterpiece.

I was a little upset with Harrison...he's got to get himself set better on his shots...when he does, he's automatic.  The best thing about freshman is that they become sophs. 
E

If Harrison isnt hitting the 3, hes ineffective

« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:22 AM »

E

How many times did Jones turn Harkless over?  Dont get me wrong i love Harkless and thought he was solid considering the frontline he was up against but to say that he was every bit as good as Jones and Davis last night i think is pushing it (referring to your first post on this page). 

Rothstein said it last night, Moe is a poor man's Rudy Gay.  Simialr to Rudy he can drift in and out of games.     
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:51:03 AM by B-Squared »

« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »

E

Big Moe fan here but last night wasn't one of his best.  Didn't do anything while the game was on the line and padded the stat sheet in the second half after it was already decided.  33% from the field and 0 assists to 5 turnovers show that like everyone else not named after a supreme being - Moe was more part of the problem than the solution last night.

Meanwhile in Blue: Davis had 8 blocks and 7 OFFENSIVE boards, nearly had the first triple double since Louie Dampier, and pretty much provided a convincing Bill Russell intpersonation.

I'm well aboard the Harkless train but Sorry - last night our best didn't even compare to their best.

ras

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »

E,

Best play Nuri made was that intentional foul 
     Nuri has to play smart. Why does he intentional foul when he is in foul trouble?

« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2011, 12:59:44 PM »
One thing to take away from tonight: God's Gift needs more touches. He has been hot and cold this year, but tonight, he showed that he's learning how to play his game at this level. I'm not sure he'll face a tougher frontcourt all season. Probably not, but we need to build on this game for him for it to have any point.

One guy came ready. Get God the ball in Detroit. If we don't, we'll lose.

I agree that they need to give it to GG more. I am hoping that they are also teaching him to dish it out when he gets doubled.

Also, after watching Lindsey last night, it seems that he is trying way too hard. Also, he needs to work on his outside shot which will help his overall game. For instance, it seemed almost every time he touched the ball that he was trying to drive to the basket. Some might say that they like the agressiveness. However, Kentucky knew what he as going to do before he did it and that's why he couldn't score.

Poison

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
Lindsay needs to work on any shot. He no jumper from anywhere.

Chilleb

« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Let's not go overboard Terrence jones had a great game but moe harkless was not out classed. I think he duked it out well with a double double of his own. PLEASE let's not forget that moe harkless is playing out of position either. He is by no means a primary power forward or center but every bit of a wing who's having to play big because of our 67 non qualifiers 49 de commits and 31 transfers.