Lavin, WTF is going on?

• 86 replies
Re: Lavin, WTF is going on?
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:50 AM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

We need players. I'm sure the locker room has been addressed. Like, the day after Nuri decided to quit.

Are you confident in that? Whose checking to make sure they go to class? Guess they forgot to check on Nuri's attendence?

Neither one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.  Why the alarmist attitude?  Because one kid is a flake, no one is going to class all of a sudden? Lavin has like 5 guys on his staff.  I'm sure each one has a specific responsibility and if they don't fulfull it, they will have to answer for it.

To answer your question, I have full confidence that Lavin knows what he's doing. 

This is another one of the "stoke the fire" threads by Baldi.
+10

Every time a poster on this board posts a thread that's true yet not positive based on the HONEST obvious turn of events they get bashed by the perennial Kool-aid drinkers who wouldn't notice a potential problem if it hit them right between their eyes.  When you lose (6) recruits/half the team in 3 months than something is obviously not right in Astoria.  To lose even (2) recruits in 3 months could be viewed as being unusual/over the top, but to LOSE (6) OF THEM.  :o  First it was Polle transferring, than Garrett, Pelle & Sampson not qualifying and looking to sign elsewhere on top of not qualifying, than Gathers decomitting and now Lindsey transferring.  In all your years of following college BB, have you ever seen this happen at another school to this extent and if so how many times have you seen it beside St. John's?  (Maybe one other time and yet this poster Baldi "is stoking the fire")  Did it ever occur to the perennial Kool-aiders that maybe Baldi is OBVIOUSLY right based on the FACTS?  Have I written anything in this post that isn't true/that didn't happen?  Is this not reality or am I making this stuff up?  Please ask yourselves those questions before you start bashing me too now.  I like Steve Lavin, he was a great hire and he's an outstanding recruiter, but something is obviously not right at this moment in time and it could be a number of factors working against us.  However, it can change back to being all good again.

We can all be concerned because we give a darn enough to be concerned or we can all be one happy losing family and spin everything in denial.  The choice is ours.  EX:  When your child is in trouble you show concern because you care.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:52:55 AM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2011, 08:58:38 AM »
Every time a poster on this board posts a thread that's true yet not positive based on the HONEST obvious turn of events they get bashed by the perennial Kool-aid drinkers who wouldn't notice a potential problem if it hit them right between their eyes.  When you lose (6) recruits/half the team in 3 months than something is obviously not right in Astoria.  To lose even (2) recruits in 3 months could be viewed as being unusual/over the top, but to LOSE (6) OF THEM.  :o  First it was Polle transferring, than Garrett, Pelle & Sampson not qualifying, than Gathers decomitting and now Lindsey transferring.  In all your years of following college BB, have you ever seen this happen at another school to this extent and if so how many times have you een it beside St. John's?  (Maybe one other time and yet this poster Baldi "is stoking the fire")  Did it ever occur to the perennial Kool-aiders that maybe Baldi is OBVIOUSLY right based on the FACTS?  Have I written anything in this post that isn't true/that didn't happen?  Is this not reality or am I making this stuff up?  Please ask yourselves those questions before you start bashing me too now.  I like Steve Lavin, he was a great hire and he's an outstanding recruiter, but something is obviously not right at this moment in time and it could be a number of factors working against us.  However, it can change back to being all good again.

We can all be concerned because we give a darn enough to be concerned or we can all be one happy losing family and spin everything in denial.  The choice is ours.  EX:  When your child is in trouble you show concern because you care.

Far from a Kool-Aid drinker or any, other colloquialism you have for positivity.  Once again, what is considered "right?"  What kinda facts does he have?  I can manufacture a situation and make it seem like truth when it is actually an opinion.  Lavin and the staff took some chances because they had to restock an entire roster.  Not 3 or 4 players.  An entire roster.  We're not the only team who had ineligible freshmen.  We're also not the only team to have a player decommit.  Not to mention, decommitted players can re-commit.  It has happened, ya know.

This particular thread was initially about why Lavin is out recruiting.  What else is he suppose to be doing?  Maybe, you need to get out and get some fresh air.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:06:39 AM by mjdinkins »

boo3

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:44 AM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

Lapchick-   what about the above comment, or topic of this thread, is based on anything other than conjecture and opinion? Which is fine, lets not pretend its gospel though....

Lavin is out recruiting after attending Hazzards funeral....Baldi kills him
 If Lavin was home, he'd be getting killed for not recruiting with our current player situation.

And unless someone is a doctor or has been through this type of cancer procedure, please stop offering your opinion on what the patient or doctors should or should not have done.  You look like an idiot.

ris

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
When Coach Lavin isnĀ“t with the doctors, is he going to all team practices?

RedVet

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2011, 10:35:55 AM »
"... something is obviously not right in Astoria. ..." Huh?

Poison

« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
If you're not comfortable with Steve Lavin's recovery progress, why not ask the AD if he can arrange an ass screening so that you can fully observe the progress he's making towards a full recovery?

I don't see anything wrong with asking for some answers. Hey, Frascilla loved to drop his pants.

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
Ok did everyone get this out of their system?

Time to lock this up.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle