Lavin, WTF is going on?

• 86 replies
Lavin, WTF is going on?
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

boo3

Re: Lavin, WTF is going on?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
Hes out on the recruiting trail across the country? This guy has to get on campus and make things right in the lockerroom. WTF are you doing?

We need players. I'm sure the locker room has been addressed. Like, the day after Nuri decided to quit.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »

We need players. I'm sure the locker room has been addressed. Like, the day after Nuri decided to quit.

Are you confident in that? Whose checking to make sure they go to class? Guess they forgot to check on Nuri's attendence?

boo3

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »

Are you confident in that? Whose checking to make sure they go to class? Guess they forgot to check on Nuri's attendence?

Neither one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.  Why the alarmist attitude?  Because one kid is a flake, no one is going to class all of a sudden? Lavin has like 5 guys on his staff.  I'm sure each one has a specific responsibility and if they don't fulfull it, they will have to answer for it.

To answer your question, I have full confidence that Lavin knows what he's doing. 

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
It's not to strenuous to fly 1st class to watch a game.

Recruiting right now is our #1 priority. Spoke to a member of the sites who doesn't really post 2 weeks ago and he has an office job and said it took him 3 months to get back into the flow of things after having the same thing Lavin had.

I look at this another way. We are going to take a beating this year anyway. BUT we need more kids and we need them next year.

Could Nuri have stayed with Lavin. Quite possibly. But we need to lock in Gathers again and get the recruiting ball rolling because either way with or without Lavin this was going to be a tough year
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:20:45 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »

Neither one of us knows what's going on behind the scenes right now.  Why the alarmist attitude?  Because one kid is a flake, no one is going to class all of a sudden? Lavin has like 5 guys on his staff.  I'm sure each one has a specific responsibility and if they don't fulfull it, they will have to answer for it.

To answer your question, I have full confidence that Lavin knows what he's doing. 

This is another one of the "stoke the fire" threads by Baldi.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

+10

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:21:56 PM »

Youre right, typical Baldi. Staff is doing a fine job. Lets pat all 11 staff members for a stellar job

jayro

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
According to Lavin his doctors feel that coaching during the games is the most draining of Lavin's duties/activities and until  the doctors and Lavin feel he is up to that aspect of his job he will not coach the games.  That is basically what he was quoted as saying,  say so you can argue about it , but I won't question the docs or Lavin about what is best for his health and in the end the team.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »

Youre right, typical Baldi. Staff is doing a fine job. Lets pat all 11 staff members for a stellar job

No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

You'll be lying to yourself, if you didn't agree.

boo3

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »

No one ever said the staff was doing a fine job.  They also aren't doing a poor job, either.  Not to mention, I've also become accustomed to your style or way of posting.  This is one of your patented "stir the pot" threads.

Just look at the title of the thread.  You'd think something dramatic happened in the last 12 hours?  Holy crap!  Our coach is out recruiting!  What is he doing?   How dare he.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:29:50 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »

If what I post is right, how am I stirring the pot? Same story with you guys when reality slaps you in the face. "Baldi's flaming the board" .This program is in shambles, probably only 3 Big East players on the roster. And the coach is in Colorado probably recruiting another eligiblity disaster
Reality slapped us in the face with Norm who couldn't coach and basically couldn't recruit. Too bad reality didn't slap you in the face as you turned a blind eye to what happened when he was here

boo3

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
  Plus, what is wrong with the locker room?  Nuri left, ok?  What are you hearing?  Whats the inside scoop?  Is their a mutiny occurring or something, because i haven't heard about it?    Because, unless you have some specific info, you are indeed, just stoking the fire.....

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »

What is right what you post?  It's all your opinion.  Hell!  I don't think you believe all the jive that you post.  Some people believe, if they say or post something that they consider to be "real" or true is right.  Quite frankly, that is generally a BS cop out to validate their negativity.  More times than not, their "realness" or truth in their eyes is usually their opinion.

Yeah, the program is in shambles with only 3 Big East players on the roster.  He's recruiting another eligibility disaster.  Lately, you've been losing credibility.  Your latter comment just reassured it.

You should've lost it when you said you would never post on Redmen.com again, but resurfaced as "Ricky Smith."  LOL   Classic and comical.

Continue stirring the pot; making the board a semi-Iona site; and being a douche' when it fits your agenda....  All while being a moderator.  Have at it, potna!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:40:12 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
You guys are right, im panicing. At least, Tony Chiles isnt out recruiting

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »

What is right what you post?  It's all your opinion.  Some people believe, if they say or post something that they consider to be "real" or true is right.  Quite frankly, that is generally a BS cop out to validate their negativity.  More times than not, their "realness" or truth in their eyes is usually their opinion.

Yeah, the program is in shambles with only 3 Big East players on the roster.  He's recruiting another eligibility disaster.  Lately, you've been losing credibility.  Your latter comment just reassured it.

You should've lost it when you said you would never post on Redmen.com again, but resurfaced as "Ricky Smith."  LOL   Classic and comical.

Continue stirring the pot; making the board a semi-Iona site; and being a douche' when it fits your agenda....  All while being a moderator.  Have at it, potna!

What is right what you post?  It's all your opinion.  Hell!  I don't think you believe all the jive that you post.  Some people believe, if they say or post something that they consider to be "real" or true is right.  Quite frankly, that is generally a BS cop out to validate their negativity.  More times than not, their "realness" or truth in their eyes is usually their opinion.

Another cop out. "hes a moderator". If thats all ya got, go to redmen

Moose

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »

He was out recruiting today.  Two of our '13 targets.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 06:47:35 PM »

;D ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »

at Rise?