Felix Balamou - SG - Our Savior New American - Centerreach, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 344 replies
Ive watched some video of part of 4 or 5 games of his.  Superior athlete but hard to judge his shot.  He barely attempted any outside shots and the few he did take weren't close.  His handle is better than I initially thought but his athleticism makes him intriguing
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Finally some reinforcements for my boy Felix, super underrated and my favorite get thus far. Kid can score and play defense how can't you love him?

Lots of potential from what I have seen look forward to him working with the staff. You really like getting Felix more then getting Jakarr?

Chilleb

Finally some reinforcements for my boy Felix, super underrated and my favorite get thus far. Kid can score and play defense how can't you love him?

Lots of potential from what I have seen look forward to him working with the staff. You really like getting Felix more then getting Jakarr?
I give the edge to felix because he was such a steal.

Marillac

Ive watched some video of part of 4 or 5 games of his.  Superior athlete but hard to judge his shot.  He barely attempted any outside shots and the few he did take weren't close.  His handle is better than I initially thought but his athleticism makes him intriguing

He took a ton of jumpers from the games I saw on youtube and he took them aggressively.  He is his team's primarys scorer. 

Jakarr had to be recruited by higher echelon schools so he is more of a "steal" while Felix is more of a "find" (under recruited).

Poison

I love hearing good news about this kid after all the crap that is said about him not being a rotation player.

It's unreasonable for anyone to say anything negative about this kid. For starters, there no reason to. If he turns out to sit on the bench for most of his freshman season that might not be tragic either. Not everyone can get major minutes. It would be great to have 1-2 freshman sit and learn. That's what SU, GTown and Uconn do. Works well for them.

Chilleb

Jakarr had to be recruited by higher echelon schools so he is more of a "steal" while Felix is more of a "find" (under recruited).
Stailmate

MCNPA

Im actually glad we got both Balamou and Wood.  I think Balamou will be a monstrous defender off the bat and on the press.  I think Wood can give us instant offense.  Both should benefit from each other and both underrated players at their positions.  Wood is cusp of top 100 and Balamou sounds like he should be there himself.  Very happy to have both kids and glad that Balamou isn't he just for Obekpa, although Id love to add Obekpa too.

Absolute agreement with all the positives re. Balamou.  Tremendous motor, will play super hard all the time, isn't shying away from a challenge.  He'll be with us 4 years.

Moose

Like I said a month ago when I saw him and Chris.  Felix reminds me of Paris.  Any of us would sign up for a 4 yr player like Paris.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

Like I said a month ago when I saw him and Chris.  Felix reminds me of Paris.  Any of us would sign up for a 4 yr player like Paris.

+1    In a heartbeat.   

MCNPA

He looks like he has a better handle than Paris as a guard.  I agree I'd take another guy like Paris any day.

Moose

He looks like he has a better handle than Paris as a guard.  I agree I'd take another guy like Paris any day.

Yes he has better handling than Paris.  I think he can spell a blow for Branch but so can Greene, or Dee.

Love the Felix-Paris comparison.  Paris was easy to root for.  Great kid.  When he had an openning to the hoop he could really throw it down too (just like Dom, who could tear off an opponent's arm with one of his vicious dunks).  Not saying Felix dunks like that.

MCNPA

Yes he has better handling than Paris.  I think he can spell a blow for Branch but so can Greene, or Dee.

I think Wood has a good enough handle to spell the PG spot.  Bourgault might also.  We'll have a bunch of versatile ball-handlers.

MCNPA

Love the Felix-Paris comparison.  Paris was easy to root for.  Great kid.  When he had an openning to the hoop he could really throw it down too (just like Dom, who could tear off an opponent's arm with one of his vicious dunks).  Not saying Felix dunks like that.

Actually, Balamou has sick athleticism like that. 

Moose

I think Wood has a good enough handle to spell the PG spot.  Bourgault might also.  We'll have a bunch of versatile ball-handlers.

No on Marco. I forgot about Wood

Chilleb

Ya think moose? In his tapes he handled the ball a bit for his French team

Curious about players from Guinea who play in the NCAA (such a small country, where soccer is king, and French speaking), I surfed around and this is what I found:

Ousmane Drame, a very productive big man, who completed his FROSH year at Quinnipiac, was the only other player from Guinea currently in NCAA hoops

Past players from Guinea: Hassane Fofana (Loyola/MD), Mamadi Diane (Virginia), N'Faly Berete (Monroe), Mamadou Cello Barry (walk on at Temple), and Moussa Camara (Binghamton, graduated 2011).

Moose

Ya think moose? In his tapes he handled the ball a bit for his French team

That was before his knee injury. I think that sapped some speed from him.  Is he smart with the ball and will he make the right passes? No question.