D'Angelo is really really tough

• 80 replies
Re: D'Angelo is really really tough
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 02:28:48 PM »
And Moose as much as I like Harrison he is shooting 32 % on threes which bring down his overal % to 37%. So he does have some improvement to make. So to use your analogy he is a long way from the equivalent of Kate Upton. If we were going to compare him to a girl at this point it would be someone cute like Kate Mara. Not supermodel territory yet.

Moose

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
And Moose as much as I like Harrison he is shooting 32 % on threes which bring down his overal % to 37%. So he does have some improvement to make. So to use your analogy he is a long way from the equivalent of Kate Upton. If we were going to compare him to a girl at this point it would be someone cute like Kate Mara. Not supermodel territory yet.

All I'm gonna say is he's a freshman. I think your smart enough to pick up other factors or cards we've been dealt
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »

Hatten was unique and was way more explosive than Harrison. Hatten got great elevation on his jumper but he drifted a lot. Like I said the form for the most part is my thing. As a rule I do not trust a guy shooting a push shot unless it is 1950 and he is playing in Indiana.

So you're saying we should run the picket fence for him?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
Interestingly enough, Harrison is well known for having fantastic 3-pt range coming out of HS.  I remember one person saying he's in range when he steps in the gym.  Go figure. 

I have seen it said that Harrison was the tallest guy on his HS team. It is not just the range but shooting over bigger people. Regardless he def looks far more comfortable on two point shots.
D''Angelo has range, the legit triple threat and is fearless - an unbeatable combo.  Onward and upward for his game.  The 2nd half of season will show Mo and D'Angelo asserting themselves on a more consistent basis.  Looking good...

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
So you're saying we should run the picket fence for him?

I think if your name is Norm you automatically have to be a bad game coach. What is the deal with running the picket fence for Merle instead of Jimmy in the championship game? BTW the actor who played Jimmy had a pretty jumpshot and he was the only one of the actors in the starting 5 that did not play college ball. Robby Benson also had a nice looking jumper in ONE ON ONE.

derk

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »

Yes but being on a team that is shooting challenged, being the go to guy, and having been told that he must not stop shooting serves to force him to take shots he wouldn't ordinarily take.

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »
It was unorthodox to say the least. It goes in. Why does it matter how.

Wasju is on record saying how he likes his jumpshots pretty - like his women.  It's how he's able to rationalize in his pea brain preferring the pedestrian Larry "Michigan" Wright to the rock star Avery "3-point record holder" Patterson. 

I'm on record saying how I don't care what a jumpshot looks like as long as it drops and that I like my women able to walk upright, with at least some teeth and preferably drunk.

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
Wasju is on record saying how he likes his jumpshots pretty - like his women.  It's how he's able to rationalize in his pea brain preferring the pedestrian Larry "Michigan" Wright to the rock star Avery "3-point record holder" Patterson. 

I'm on record saying how I don't care what a jumpshot looks like as long as it drops and that I like my women able to walk upright, with at least some teeth and preferably drunk.

To continue the analogy of women, Avery Patterson's jumper would be Chazz Bono

A drunk Chazz Bono if that helps Carmine
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:46:18 PM by we are sju »

redslope

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
Walter "The Truth" had an ugly shot but it went in. Pretty or ugly in style/form as long as it goes in--its a beauty.

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
Walter "The Truth" had an ugly shot but it went in. Pretty or ugly in style/form as long as it goes in--its a beauty

I prefer Herky jerky to ugly and he really never shot jumpers. Besides he was a 6-9 post player not a shooting guard. BTW no one should ever be compared to anything Berry ever did!

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
kind shotputs like Michael adams

boo3

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
kind shotputs like Michael adams

Adams shot was way uglier than Harrison's.  I think the ' Harrison has an ugly jumper" discussion is a bit ridiculous.  Looks pretty smooth to me, especially when it goes in.  He's got plenty of range from what i've seen. He nailed a 25 footer against Cincy in total flow and effortlessly.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:48:18 PM by boo3 »

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 08:25:28 PM »
Harrison's release is fast and PURE. 

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
To continue the analogy of women, Avery Patterson's jumper would be Chazz Bono

A drunk Chazz Bono if that helps Carmine

He/she is HOT!

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 10:57:04 AM »
Someone last night compared DLo to John Starks.  Thought that was spot on.

DFF6

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
Someone last night compared DLo to John Starks.  Thought that was spot on.

Big difference between Starks and D'Lo- Starks could dunk.  In case you forgot, see below:

John Starks dunks on the Bulls NBA Playoffs 1993 FULL

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »
help our boy DLo get some likes on his fan page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DAngelo-Harrison/189230434494523?sk=wall

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Brother was a lil outta control after he got hit in the head by Truck. Was close to getting T'ed and started jawing a lil bit on the sidelines wit some of his teammates cause he was so mad.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:25 PM »
Brother was a lil outta control after he got hit in the head by Truck. Was close to getting T'ed and started jawing a lil bit on the sidelines wit some of his teammates cause he was so mad.

Ya, he needs to keep his head. I thought the tech was on him, when Dunlap got it. When his career comes to an end at St Johns, I bet Harrison will hold the record in games fouled out. He needs to stop and take the 4 foot J at times, rather than taking it to the hole. Avoid the offensive fouls, he loves to pushoff with his weak hand