@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies

Poison

Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2012, 05:51:43 PM »
Maybe coach is taking a break while he's over there.  Who knows.   Not sure how much "recruiting" there is to be done at this stage anyway.   People have been after Obekpa for two years; he knows where he wants to go.    And it's not like you can lobby the NCAA on behalf of Chandler.

Coach Lavs and every big time college ft and bb coach claim recruiting is 365 days a yr job and while this might be an exaggeration I doubt coach would choose to take a vacation during impt recruiting period. Plenty of time for vacation after he puts finishing touches on this years class.

I agree. Even Twitter has been very quiet. What's the hold up?

paultzman

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Maybe coach is taking a break while he's over there.  Who knows.   Not sure how much "recruiting" there is to be done at this stage anyway.   People have been after Obekpa for two years; he knows where he wants to go.    And it's not like you can lobby the NCAA on behalf of Chandler.

Coach Lavs and every big time college ft and bb coach claim recruiting is 365 days a yr job and while this might be an exaggeration I doubt coach would choose to take a vacation during impt recruiting period. Plenty of time for vacation after he puts finishing touches on this years class.

I agree. Even Twitter has been very quiet. What's the hold up?

Unless he has decided to run with the bulls in Spain, I assume he is back this week to host Sanchez on Friday.

paultzman

« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
Surprised Lavin has not tweeted best wishes to Cosch Kim, suspect his IPhone was stolen by gypsies in Paris, Borneo or wherever he went to. Assuming the Sanchez visit is on, I trust Coach is back, unless he delegated responsibility to Student Assistant Stith. Only playing!!

kjd01067

« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »
Surprised Lavin has not tweeted best wishes to Cosch Kim, suspect his IPhone was stolen by gypsies in Paris, Borneo or wherever he went to. Assuming the Sanchez visit is on, I trust Coach is back, unless he delegated responsibility to Student Assistant Stith. Only playing!!

I'm waiting for the first panic post asking why we haven't heard how the visit is going or why no instant commitment.  My bet is on Poison

boo3

« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

I'm waiting for the first panic post asking why we haven't heard how the visit is going or why no instant commitment.  My bet is on Poison

Bobre- 7-5 odds

paultzman

« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »
Still stellar!

“@STJCoachLavin: NCAA rules do not permit discussing publically the particulars of recruiting. Big wknd for Johnnies as we close on a stellar 2012 class.”

« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2012, 04:46:42 PM »
He's also giving props to DJ. Good to see Coach is alive and well!

« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2012, 05:33:49 PM »
Steve Lavin ‏ @STJCoachLavin  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Good recruiting momentum for #STJbb. Inch by inch a cinch. Yard by yard life is hard. Baby steps. Incrementally building. Hammer to rock!

paultzman

« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2012, 07:01:22 PM »
One of CBA kids Lavin was allegedly looking at. Dad also played for LSU.

“@raphiellej: RT @CBAcademy: Congrats to CBA's Shane Hammink, he will sign with the LSU Tigers!”

paultzman

« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:43 AM »
“@STJCoachLavin: Productive Wknd For The Johnnies On The Recruiting Front! Good Momentum For #STJbb! Hammer To Rock! Gradually Climbing The Ladder!”

« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »
Steve Lavin ‏@STJCoachLavin
Moe Harkless continuing to impress in Chicago Pre Draft Camp! No surprise that Mr Harkless is climbing the Draft Board daily. STJ Lotto Pick

Steve Lavin ‏@STJCoachLavin
Still the hunt for some outstanding 2012 prospects. This Johnnies class addresses needs of size, shooting, point guard play and team depth!

paultzman

« Reply #411 on: June 13, 2012, 12:19:17 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Pretty impressive, Lavin one of nation's elite recruiters @keyknowledge What do you think about St. John's incoming class?”

Good story on Lavs and challenges he has faced!

“@ECoastBias: From @rumbleSBN: With full roster, there are great expectations for Lavin and St. John's to win #stjbb http://t.co/5J9qkVV7
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:25:42 PM by paultzman »

crgreen

« Reply #412 on: June 13, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Pretty impressive, Lavin one of nation's elite recruiters @keyknowledge What do you think about St. John's incoming class?”

Good story on Lavs and challenges he has faced!

“@ECoastBias: From @rumbleSBN: With full roster, there are great expectations for Lavin and St. John's to win #stjbb http://t.co/5J9qkVV7

Nice article by SBN.  However this line is a bit confusing:  "His 2011 recruiting class, which included upcoming NBA first round draft pick Moe Harkless and a shooting guard in D`Angelo Harrison who could quickly become one of the Big East's most lethal scorers"

The article reads like the writer doesn't know that D'lo was thee teams leading scorer, not Moe (and by a solid 2 pts a game margin).   COULD become one of the BEs most lethal scorers?????  He was fr!ckin 7th in the league in scoring (in a 16 team league)  ALREADY!!!   

paultzman

« Reply #413 on: June 13, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
“@STJCoachLavin: STJBB 2012-13 schedule complete. We play U of San Francisco on Dec 4. My hero and Dad hoop'd for the Dons from
1950-52. Cap had MADD game!”

“@STJCoachLavin: Looking forward to taking the Fellas to my home town and City by the Bay for a match up of two storied programs when Johnnies clash with USF”

LJSA

« Reply #414 on: June 13, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
“@STJCoachLavin: STJBB 2012-13 schedule complete. We play U of San Francisco on Dec 4. My hero and Dad hoop'd for the Dons from

“@STJCoachLavin: Looking forward to taking the Fellas to my home town and City by the Bay for a match up of two storied programs when Johnnies clash with USF”

Awesome. I'll be there if I manage to score some tickets. Hopefully it's an easier ticket than USF-Gonzaga.

crgreen

« Reply #415 on: June 13, 2012, 09:54:32 PM »

During his coaching hiatus with ESPN,  a whole lot of folks would have wagered that if Steve came back to coaching, it would have been with the Dons.....

« Reply #416 on: June 13, 2012, 10:02:11 PM »
Murray State and Auburn are the last two additions to a group that includes St. John's, Baylor, Boston College, Charleston, Colorado and Dayton.

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061312aaa.html

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2012, 12:42:38 AM »
Murray State and Auburn are the last two additions to a group that includes St. John's, Baylor, Boston College, Charleston, Colorado and Dayton.

Charleston V BC

Baylor Vs Dayton

St Johns V Murray State

Colorado V Auburn.

Thats my guess for the matchups. Well have a chance to get 3 quality wins.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Gumby

« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:51 AM »
Great to see a West Coast game with USF on 12/4!

I hope our Ticket Office gets their act together with good away game seat locations.  I think that guy in the AD, who was scalping tickets in the past, probably was selling away tickets as well.  Our locations for both the St. Mary's and UCLA away games were in really poor locations, especially when you see large empty areas in much better locations.

desco80

« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

Charleston V BC

Baylor Vs Dayton

St Johns V Murray State

Colorado V Auburn.

Thats my guess for the matchups. Well have a chance to get 3 quality wins.

Yea, there are some dangerous matchups in this tournament.  Easy to overlook.
But obviously Baylor will be tough, but Murray State too, and Dayton and BC aren't pushovers either.   Colorado, Auburn, Charleston shouldn't be very good though.