Syracuse - Game Thread

• 260 replies

Moose

Re: Syracuse - Game Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
Baldi once again playing you guys like a maestro.

Is that what he is playing with?

I thought he was playing with Dingle he said? :)

I enjoy the back and forth.  I'm killing time before I watch his boys get swept by Manhattan.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »
I'm all for keeping quality local players here.  I'm not in favor of keeping locals here just because they are local.

Lavin's made it a point to say he recruiting nationally.

Maybe the local, NY talent just isn't that good anymore?

You dont have to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.

Bingo (to boo and Moose)!  I'm also not in favor of keeping locals for the sake of.  He also isn't trying to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.   

Well then he should have a few kids signed already no? We need bodies, not guys that "might" come

Why should he have a few kids signed already?  You're starting your baseless foolishness again.  Just can't help yourself, huh? 

Um, because we need players? To play devils advocate, what happens if Gathers,Sampson and Obekpa dont come?

How do you know he isn't recruiting others players besides those particular kids?  So, shall he sign other kids for the sake of?

MJ, how many schollys do we have 5,6?  We need a shooter off the bench, thats Bernardi or Calhoun

You tell me how many we have.  It seems the JUCO kid from Cali is a shooter.  I guess we aren't going after any.     ;)

« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2012, 05:31:28 PM »

I enjoy the back and forth.  I'm killing time before I watch his boys get swept by Manhattan.

Go Jaspers!  LOL 

« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »

What would you guys do without me?  ;)

« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2012, 05:33:05 PM »
I'm all for keeping quality local players here.  I'm not in favor of keeping locals here just because they are local.

Bingo (to boo and Moose)!  I'm also not in favor of keeping locals for the sake of.  He also isn't trying to hit a grandslam with every scholarship.   

Well then he should have a few kids signed already no? We need bodies, not guys that "might" come

Why should he have a few kids signed already?  You're starting your baseless foolishness again.  Just can't help yourself, huh? 

Um, because we need players? To play devils advocate, what happens if Gathers,Sampson and Obekpa dont come?

How do you know he isn't recruiting others players besides those particular kids?  So, shall he sign other kids for the sake of?

MJ, how many schollys do we have 5,6?  We need a shooter off the bench, thats Bernardi or Calhoun

You tell me how many we have.  It seems the JUCO kid from Cali is a shooter.  I guess we aren't going after any.     ;)

Exactly, who cares about a juco shooter from California? He sounds dependable

« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2012, 05:34:17 PM »

Exactly, who cares about a juco shooter from California? He sounds dependable

You're silly (and foolish).  LOL 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:34:48 PM by mjdinkins »

boo3

« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »
  No one is playing anyone.  Just a little back and forth.

Baldi thinks the program would do well to grab a few locals for the heck of it.  Increase the MSG ticket/gate numbers.  The Bernardi posse runs large and hard i hear.  ;)

This was how louie ran the program. he'd have 3 or 4 local scrubs that didn't do anything ( Terrence Mullin anyone?)

Bottom line is, Lavin is a great recruiter and is all over the place trying to complete this roster for next season.  If the spring signing period comes and goes and we have nothing to show for it, then lets kill him. Until then, lets just wait and see.  i'm sure Lavin is well aware of the " what happens if X,Y,Z recruit don't sign."

« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »
There is this oldtimer from my neighborhood,die hard Johnny fan and season ticket holder since I was a kid. Hes coached at local High Schools, pals with Looie, Mahoney etc. He owns a local restaurant in my neighborhood. I wont go there anymore becuase he almost tore my head off when I told him about all the recruits Lavin had coming in last year.

« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
Bottom line is, Lavin is a great recruiter and is all over the place trying to complete this roster for next season.  If the spring signing period comes and goes and we have nothing to show for it, then lets kill him. Until then, lets just wait and see.  i'm sure Lavin is well aware of the " what happens if X,Y,Z recruit don't sign."

That is basically how I view it.

« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2012, 05:41:17 PM »

How many are left though?

« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »

Go ask Lavin.

« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »

Go ask Lavin.

I wont be able to find him at a local High School game ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:44:04 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »

Go ask Lavin.

Good!  I don't think his ears could stand the babbling.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:50:19 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2012, 05:51:40 PM »

Go ask Lavin.

Actually Ive met him in the street a few times in Manhattan, he'll talk to anyone

ras

« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »
NY fans like to support winners and we arent there yet. Lavin should continue to recruit the best players to fill our needs regardless of where they re from. Wouldnt mind seeing a bona fide center, although dont see any on the radar.

« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »

Go ask Lavin.

Actually Ive met him in the street a few times in Manhattan, he'll talk to anyone

I know he's pretty outgoing.  I was just messing with you.

« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2012, 06:02:27 PM »
@AmoreCourant Willard out of control. "I'm the only coach that has white guys who can't shoot."

For those on twitter, tell me this is wrong

« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2012, 06:03:37 PM »
@AmoreCourant Willard out of control. "I'm the only coach that has white guys who can't shoot."

I hope his account was hacked. 

EDIT:  I just read that was his attempt at humor. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:05:24 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

I hope his account was hacked. 

EDIT:  I just read that was his attempt at humor. 

Oh boy

« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
Wow anyone see Henson dunk at the buzzer against the Terps? Uncalled for