Our "half court offense"

• 68 replies
Re: Our "half court offense"
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
Offense will be better when Harrison leaves after this year.

Would a player willingly choose not to become the all time leading scorer in SJU history to take a gig in the Italian league?   :crazy2:

This is the same guy who would rather play on his phone than be on time for team bus. What fo you think?  Harrison might be the leading score, but he won't be leading St Johns anywhere else. Certainly not the dance
Disturbing post game quote by Dlo in the ny post "so it really doesn't matter" responding to a question if there is concern regarding the post season because he said we can beat some of the top teams and overcome our loses. But a home loss like this one can mean the difference if you are a bubble team which at this point it appears we will be lucky to be.

I know kicking on Dee has been the fun thing to do lately but lets remember who wrote that piece and how he was tweeting negative crap all night last night.  He can mix and match quotes to make them fit all nice and controversial in his write up.

DLo has his issues (we all do)...But, in fairness, I am sure he simply meant to downplay the notion that we won't make the tournament because we lost last nght

boo3

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »

Would a player willingly choose not to become the all time leading scorer in SJU history to take a gig in the Italian league?   :crazy2:

This is the same guy who would rather play on his phone than be on time for team bus. What fo you think?  Harrison might be the leading score, but he won't be leading St Johns anywhere else. Certainly not the dance
Disturbing post game quote by Dlo in the ny post "so it really doesn't matter" responding to a question if there is concern regarding the post season because he said we can beat some of the top teams and overcome our loses. But a home loss like this one can mean the difference if you are a bubble team which at this point it appears we will be lucky to be.

I know kicking on Dee has been the fun thing to do lately but lets remember who wrote that piece and how he was tweeting negative crap all night last night.  He can mix and match quotes to make them fit all nice and controversial in his write up.

DLo has his issues (we all do)...But, in fairness, I am sure he simply meant to downplay the notion that we won't make the tournament because we lost last nght

Of course he did.   Only the posters of the jungle would take that to mean he doesn't give a crap. We go as far as he can take us.  We shall see.  Amazing to me how much more certain people post after losses, as opposed to wins.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »
If you saw the detrmined look on DLo's face when we were trying to recapture the lead---as well as the pain in his face when the outcome was certain---you wouldn't question his desire to win.  A lot of other criticisms may be fair but that one isn't.

isham

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
Anyone who knocks Harrison's desire or ability is just plain crazy

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »
All of this ripping on D'Angelo is laughable and classless

He's a 20 year old kid who also happens to be a fantastic basketball player

If he's this good now, I can't wait to see how he progresses in his junior and senior seasons

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »
Wait, so the only reliable scorer on the team and really the primary reason for most of our wins is now the reason we suck? It's not all the other players who cannot rebound, shoot, or play defense? Everyone on this team has a role, and right now, Harrison is one of the few who is doing his job: Score the basketball. Without Harrison, I'm not sure we're .500 right now, and I think that's being generous.

Harrison deserves very little if any blame for the pathetic play of this team. IMO he's one of the few bright spots on the team.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Baldi is just pissed because Iona sucks worse than we do at the moment.

Moose

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »
Take Harrison off this team and watching them score would rival waterboarding as a form of torture.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »

Of course he did.   Only the posters of the jungle would take that to mean he doesn't give a crap. We go as far as he can take us.  We shall see.  Amazing to me how much more certain people post after losses, as opposed to wins.
Didn't take Robbins reporting the DLO quote as he doesn't give a crap as you so elegantly put it but rather that he may not understand the significance of the loss in terms of post season play. Than one poster after another piles on until they are maintaining that what was said is that the losses are all his fault and that he sucks. Not exactly a mensa society posting here.

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
Take Harrison off this team and watching them score would rival waterboarding as a form of torture.

Take Harrison off this team and the record is still 8-4.

jr49

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
Branch was brought here because coach knew we needed a PG. Lets hope he becomes a good one.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:52:45 PM by jr49 »

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »

Where does the offense come from after Jakarr without Harrison?

Greene? Too inconsistent. Pointer? Yeah right. Amir? Not a reliable scorer and can't shoot. Bourgault can't get open as it is even with Harrison. So I'm not sure we'd score 55 points per game without Harrison to be honest. We most likely lose to FGCU without Harrison's 20. Not sure we hold off NJIT without his 21. No shot in hell we beat Detroit without his 22. Thinking about this offense without Dlo makes me cringe.

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
This fan base would eat its young. Without Harrison we are virtually winless. We have a special, young, gifted basketball player with a zeal to win and be the best he can be. And our so-called fans not only fail to appreciate and support him, but attack and denigrate instead. Is Harrison perfect? Of course not. But he is averaging over 20 points a game as a young soph! If you were a potential recruit, how would you react to the "support" this board offers its players?  Would you want to come to SJU? These are the same fans who are too busy, or think it is too inconvenient to go to Brooklyn or too expensive to buy a ticket there. Please, some perspective and balance are in order. We owe it to the team if we are to call ourselves fans.

uwsfan

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »

More like 4-8..... at best

Moose

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »

More like 4-8..... at best

Exactly
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 05:21:43 AM »
Ya you guys are right. Harrison led the team to great victories over NJIT and Florida Gulf Coast. How could I forget

boo3

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 08:16:39 AM »
 Don't take Baldi seriously.  He's making up for lost time. 

I'm sure the " Lavin to xyz school" threads are coming any day now.

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

I would think Lavin is off that  "Coaches on the Rise " list

MCNPA

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 08:47:42 AM »

Why, because of 2 bad games? 

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

Why, because of 2 bad games? 

No, because Dunlap has carried him.