Villanova game thread

• 613 replies
Re: Villanova game thread
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:04 PM »
Branch is out of control
For  one play , I though he was the reason d'lo was able to get off the way he did, def an upgrade

No not one play he foul on the next play and then turn it over

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
We should win this one easily.  We stink coming out of the half.  Need a couple quick buckets and wear them down.

And yet again we are giving someone a career night.

Most teams adjust and key on a guy if he's going off, we don't like to do that for some reason. We just let him keep shooting and hope he cools off.

crgreen

« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:37 PM »
according to Gametracker and ESPN, no one has more than 2 fouls for either team.  Hard to believe...

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
Branch is out of control
For  one play , I though he was the reason d'lo was able to get off the way he did, def an upgrade

Chilleb preaching the wisdom.

Branch pushing the ball up the floor on nearly very possession.

Inbound, one dribble then pass up the floor.

The hell was the last time we saw that?

Thought he play very well.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Chilleb

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
I'm not sure why Branch is still in the game. It's a distraction at this point having him in the game.
A distraction in what way?

crgreen

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:23 PM »
We should win this one easily.  We stink coming out of the half.  Need a couple quick buckets and wear them down.

Most teams adjust and key on a guy if he's going off, we don't like to do that for some reason. We just let him keep shooting and hope he cools off.

FWIW, not a career night yet.  He went off for 25 earlier this year.

« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:46 PM »
I'm not sure why Branch is still in the game. It's a distraction at this point having him in the game.

His game reminds me of Tarik Turner a little. Physically built the same as well. I like Tarik as a person, but I am not sure this is the comparison you all wanted.

« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »

In that he sucks and is a baby

He is a little out of control. But he can pass and go by his man. A combination we do not have.
If momo jones pushed a kid over you would call him a tough player. You already had it in your mind that branch is a baby.

Ya someone I'm watching on tv on that St Johns bench told me he was a baby. And looks like he was right

Chilleb

« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
Branch is out of control

Chilleb preaching the wisdom.

Branch pushing the ball up the floor on nearly very possession.

Inbound, one dribble then pass up the floor.

The hell was the last time we saw that?

Thought he play very well.
Choz we haven't got two dunks the way Amir got Them all season , def credit to branch and he's also allowed Phil to do what he's better at. And it's not facilitating. For the first time all night I was not worried about us scoring.

« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
i hate this cheesy stj commerical.

« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »

He is a little out of control. But he can pass and go by his man. A combination we do not have.
If momo jones pushed a kid over you would call him a tough player. You already had it in your mind that branch is a baby.

Ya someone I'm watching on tv on that St Johns bench told me he was a baby. And looks like he was right

well that baby is the best passer lavins coached at st johns.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Aces

« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
I like the way branch plays, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.
It's nice to have a guy that is creative with the ball and penetrates to the rim.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »
Toward the end of the half the team seem to regain their composure and finish strong. Hopefully they can carry the momentum in the second half.
Cougar O' Malley

Chilleb

« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »
Branch is out of control

No not one play he foul on the next play and then turn it over
So your agreeing with the refs on that one...? :o

« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:27 PM »

Is Rico backstabbing the players again?   ???

C'mon, Marco!   :idiot2:

« Reply #155 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »

well that baby is the best passer lavins coached at st johns.

You said it all

MCNPA

« Reply #156 on: January 02, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

We adjusted.  We try to guard him we get a foul if we're within 5 yards of him.  We back off?  He makes a 3 and somehow we still fouls him or Garrett gets a bogus fould off the ball when he's nowhere near his man.  It's not like we're not guarding Arcidiacono.  We just get Whistles every time we look at him.

Branch is a huge upgrade and has helped Greene and D'Lo a ton already.  The kid can also get to the time with ease and when he gets into the groove a bit, will be dangerous.  Kid keeps his head up, has good vision and will be good for us. 

« Reply #157 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »

Such a baby that he starts.

Outta control Baldi. In mid season form. Welcome back.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #158 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »

His game reminds me of Tarik Turner a little. Physically built the same as well. I like Tarik as a person, but I am not sure this is the comparison you all wanted.
really ? My memory must be shot because I don't see that at all

« Reply #159 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:42 PM »
We have established that we are better than them imo   Need to execute and keep composure and we get the W