Villanova game thread

• 613 replies
Re: Villanova game thread
« Reply #440 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »
Blow out loss  :2funny:

« Reply #441 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:33 PM »
This is disappointing, the guys played great, coach didn't put the team in a position to win late and refs decided the game with the whistle. Come on now, jakarr's 4th foul was ridiculous compared to Amir's triple attempt at the bucket with contact.

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I feel sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

So Jay is a bad coach with no players either?  Why don't you save us from any further posts and tell us Lavin should be fired and you are the only one that tells the truth.

Well now that you mention it.  Jays move to have Jayvon P bring up the ball with 4.5 seconds to go in the game was rather odd.  Ryan was open but they looked for Jayvon. I don't think Lavin should be fired that's a stupid statement on your part.  I do however think he needs an assist on the bench. The only one to tell the truth? What's that all about? Hey lookout, your pom poms are showing again. ;)

« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:49 PM »
Not sure what people are constantly whining about?  We shot well, and were in position to win tonight.  Foul situation was huge in Nova's favor, and nobody can deny that.  What was wrong with the coaching?  This was a war and a lopsided reffing job pushed us over the edge.

Sure, why would anyone complain about losing a game to a team that was blown out by Columbia.  You have got to be kidding right?

Right that is the whole season, loss to Columbia.  Because of that no one is allowed to lose to Villanova this year.

Go back into your hole.

It was not just a loss it was a blow out loss. As someone mentioned before, Nova is at best a 5 to 6 win BE team.  But I guess by your low standards, losing to them is OK. It's fans like yourself that have us in the mess we are currently in.  Don't forget your pom poms.

You're the truth.  Everyone needs to go home because you are a "REAL FAN."

« Reply #443 on: January 02, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »
This is disappointing, the guys played great, coach didn't put the team in a position to win late and refs decided the game with the whistle. Come on now, jakarr's 4th foul was ridiculous compared to Amir's triple attempt at the bucket with contact.

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I feel sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

So Jay is a bad coach with no players either?  Why don't you save us from any further posts and tell us Lavin should be fired and you are the only one that tells the truth.

Well now that you mention it.  Jays move to have Jayvon P bring up the ball with 4.5 seconds to go in the game was rather odd.  Ryan was open but they looked for Jayvon. I don't think Lavin should be fired that's a stupid statement on your part.  I do however think he needs an assist on the bench. The only one to tell the truth? What's that all about? Hey lookout, your pom poms are showing again. ;)

No doubt you rule.  I will listen to everything you say for now on you tell the truth.

uwsfan

« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »
So....... time to start considering the question.  Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart ?

Which do you wanna go after next year ? :)

« Reply #445 on: January 02, 2013, 11:18:58 PM »
Not sure what people are constantly whining about?  We shot well, and were in position to win tonight.  Foul situation was huge in Nova's favor, and nobody can deny that.  What was wrong with the coaching?  This was a war and a lopsided reffing job pushed us over the edge.

Sure, why would anyone complain about losing a game to a team that was blown out by Columbia.  You have got to be kidding right

Right that is the whole season, loss to Columbia.  Because of that no one is allowed to lose to Villanova this year.

Go back into your hole.

It was not just a loss it was a blow out loss. As someone mentioned before, Nova is at best a 5 to 6 win BE team.  But I guess by your low standards, losing to them is OK. It's fans like yourself that have us in the mess we are

currently in.  Don't forget your pom poms.

You're the truth.  Everyone needs to go home because you are a "REAL FAN."

I try to be a good fan although it's difficult at times.  But I still have hopes that there are better times ahead.  What's with the truth stuff?

« Reply #446 on: January 02, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I fee

sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

No doubt you rule.  I will listen to everything you say for now on you tell the truth.

Great, I'll drink to that.

« Reply #447 on: January 02, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »

Played great?  How?  We were beaten off the dribble on a regular basis, looked  lost on offense most of the night except for an individual effort by D Lo, got killed on the offensive glass.  Stop blaming the officials will ya. I fee

sorry for these kids, there does not seem to be any structure out there.  Nova is a bad team.

No doubt.  Sounds like you like it.

You will head the next SJU search committee.

MCNPA

« Reply #448 on: January 02, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »
We shot well from both the field and from 3.  We didn't board real well but that has been a constant problem.  In the second we did a much better job on Arcidiacono and were all over him.  We fouled out several players with Nova having scored a few dozen points on every ticket tack thing and we lost in OT.  Blowout loss?  Lavin sucks becuse some of our players made a poor decision or two.  Even if some coaching calls weren't fantastic, I think that is par the course for lots of coaches in games. 

It's sooo easy for childish fans to pick apart one or two coaching calls along the way.  We were in it and lost a close one.  IMO, it is still because our players play lazy defense. In this one, it didn't help that we had to back off a ton because the reffing was that atrocious.  Anybody who thinks it didn't have a profound influence on this game.  The Monday morning qb'ing is tremendous here.  We actually had some of our best shooting today and that includes Phil Greene which is why I don't think it was so preposterous.  I just thought Phil was going to drive and dish a lot earlier, not back it out.

« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:24 PM »

[/quote

No doubt.  Sounds like you like it.

You will head the next SJU search committee.

I hope coach Lavin has a search committee to find a top assistant who knows his x's and  o 's that's for sure.

goredmen

« Reply #450 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »
How do we shoot 10-17 from 3 in regulation and not win?

Poor coaching, a couple boneheaded plays, and Branch's T in the first half were what cost us a win tonight.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but how does Lavin leave Branch in the game after the technical that stopped our momentum dead in its tracks and led to an 8-0 Nova run. Im not saying take him out for the whole game but you have to take him out at the moment. Where is the individual responsibility on this team

Chilleb

« Reply #451 on: January 02, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »

Beaten off the dribble? If you have ever played, coached or just been around the game of basketball you would understand that the whistle dictates style of play, no matter how aggressive your defensive schemes are if the refs are quick with the whistle that night it's time to go to plan b. this was a horrible officiated game to say the east, do you feel otherwise? And have you been watching this team this year? Name another game where the ball was moved so effortlessly besides south Carolina. We ave a coach who keeps putting players in positions where they can't succeed (I.e. Phil at point , Dom Amir defending the block) that's not the players fault that the coach and I give credit to the players for being so disciplined and buying in to this bull crap. Kids played there tails off tonight, coach didn't put them in a position towin ball game down the stretch.. Bottom line . To be honest the refs jobbed us so bad we should have lost by 25, but we stuck it out.

« Reply #452 on: January 02, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »
We shot well from both the field and from 3.  We didn't board real well but that has been a constant problem.  In the second we did a much better job on Arcidiacono and were all over him.  We fouled out several players with Nova having scored a few dozen points on every ticket tack thing and we lost in OT.  Blowout loss?  Lavin sucks becuse some of our players made a poor decision or two.  Even if some coaching calls weren't fantastic, I think that is par the course for lots of coaches in games. 

It's sooo easy for childish fans to pick apart one or two coaching calls along the way.  We were in it and lost a close one.  IMO, it is still because our players play lazy defense. In this one, it didn't help that we had to back off a ton because the reffing was that atrocious.  Anybody who thinks it didn't have a profound influence on this game.  The Monday morning qb'ing is tremendous here.  We actually had some of our best shooting today and that
includes Phil Greene which is why I don't think it was so preposterous.  I just thought Phil was going to drive and dish a lot earlier, not back it out.

I don't think it was one or to calls either.  I do however think that in this particular game, Gift would have made a difference by just putting a body on Pinkston who killed us on the offensive glass.  While not the most talented player, Gifts presence certainly would have been felt.  That's what I am most frustrated about. It's one thing to hold him out for our pre season non conference games but this is BE time, the wait for Sanchez, while not playing Gift  should be over unless Lavin is going to all but forfeit the season.

Chilleb

« Reply #453 on: January 02, 2013, 11:35:47 PM »
Listen I don't know how deep c.jones is in the dog house but he had to play 7-10 minutes. Look we all know he can't rebound but who can consistently on this team. I think it's a disservice to the team that he dosent log any minutes in a game where Amir and I'm foul out. We needed him out there.

« Reply #454 on: January 02, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »

Poor coaching, a couple boneheaded plays, and Branch's T in the first half were what cost us a win tonight.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but how does Lavin leave Branch in the game after the technical that stopped our momentum dead in its tracks and led to an 8-0 Nova run. Im not saying take him out for the whole game but you have to take him out at the moment. Where is the individual responsibility on this team

Amir's dumb foul on a three point shot in the last minute didn't help our cause either.

goredmen

« Reply #455 on: January 02, 2013, 11:38:47 PM »

Amir's dumb foul on a three point shot in the last minute didn't help our cause either.

I think that falls into the "couple boneheaded plays" category

« Reply #456 on: January 02, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »
That was tough one to stomach remind me of the knick lost to the Kings Friday. Battle back only to lose by a few dumb plays and the home court calls was blatant! I am calling it now we beat Cincinnati. Call your bookies!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

goredmen

« Reply #457 on: January 02, 2013, 11:47:32 PM »
That was tough one to stomach remind me of the knick lost to the Kings Friday. Battle back only to lose by a few dumb plays and the home court calls was blatant! I am calling it now we beat Cincinnati. Call your bookies!

We are not beating Cinci in Cinci two years in a row

« Reply #458 on: January 02, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »

We may beat the spread as it will be large, but beat Cinci? One can only hope.

« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »
Well let us all get ready for some more wise ass remarks Saturday