desco80

Re: Catholic 7 Potential TV Deal
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
Wow, this league has zero juice.

Sarcasm?

No. I think it's brutal

Invite Iona

to the A10 ;)

A10 would be a sidestep at this point. Not much separating this bogus Catholic 7, the Atlantic 10 and the MAAC

You mean besides the 20ish Final Fours those teams have in their pockets right?
A10 w/out Butler... VCU, St Bonnie's and Lasalle way way back, any others?
MAAC: nada as far as I know

I know you're just pushing buttons, but your point behind it is true... Not the same as the big bad BiG East in its hey-day.   This will be more sustainable and stable though... So as a St. John's fan I like it. 

World ain't what it used to be.   I'd love to be in a conference with geographically close rivals like UCONN and Syracuse .. But those days are over. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:25:05 PM by desco80 »

mkras99

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »
Trolls be trollin - Choz

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »

You bring nothing to this site. This is a great forum and would hate to see you repeat your performance from last year.  We all like attention, but this is not a proper forum.

SJUFAN

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 01:54:23 AM »

Sarcasm?

No. I think it's brutal

Invite Iona

to the A10 ;)

A10 would be a sidestep at this point. Not much separating this bogus Catholic 7, the Atlantic 10 and the MAAC

You mean besides the 20ish Final Fours those teams have in their pockets right?
A10 w/out Butler... VCU, St Bonnie's and Lasalle way way back, any others?
MAAC: nada as far as I know

I know you're just pushing buttons, but your point behind it is true... Not the same as the big bad BiG East in its hey-day.   This will be more sustainable and stable though... So as a St. John's fan I like it. 

World ain't what it used to be.   I'd love to be in a conference with geographically close rivals like UCONN and Syracuse .. But those days are over.

The big bad Big East didn't get that way over night. If the new league get's anywhere near the $$$ being rumored from its new TV deal then the resources is there to become a power house basketball league. 2-3X the amount of $$$ BE schools currently receive and 5 to 6X times more for those schools looking to join.......all members in the new league could afford top of the line coaching staffs. They will have to spend the money if they want to continue to get the TV dollars and they will because there is no Football money to fall back on. No reason to think they won't continue to try and make it the best basketball conference in the nation from top to bottom.

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »

You bring nothing to this site. This is a great forum and would hate to see you repeat your performance from last year.  We all like attention, but this is not a proper forum.

Ditto Action Jackson

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »

Ditto Action Jackson

Good post Bill, thanks for sharing

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 11:21:11 AM »

Let me ask you your opinion. You think this conference is top 5, top 10?

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »
How many bids from this conference?

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 11:29:30 AM »

top 10?  lol  come on baldi

with the right additions, it's clearly top 5.  with the wrong additions, it's still clearly top 10.

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
I can agree with ya Chud. Thought its the ACC, than everyone else

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »
Baldi back in game form and has not lost a beat stirring that pot man!

desco80

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »
5 I'd say.    But in a 10 team league, that's pretty legit Baldi. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:40:03 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »
this does highlight, though, how important securing X and Butler are to the perception of the new league's strength.  st johns and nova need to get back to national relevance asap

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »

Agreed, 5 would be great. Which 5?

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »

Seriously. I love this forum. My favorite St. John's forum, but if there is anything dislike it and not want to come back to its Baldi. Between the constant Iona posts and the jabs he takes at St. John's (most not even factual), it just makes me less and less wanting to read threads on the site.

« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »

Again, depends if X and Butler are 2 of the 3 additions.  They figure to be top half teams in most years.  Assuming GTown and Marquette get bids, I could see 4 or 5 bids being the norm with Nova StJ Prov X and Butler fighting it out for the remaining 2-3 (and Depaul and SH being doormats).  That's a healthy conference

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »

Again, depends if X and Butler are 2 of the 3 additions.  They figure to be top half teams in most years.  Assuming GTown and Marquette get bids, I could see 4 or 5 bids being the norm with Nova StJ Prov X and Butler fighting it out for the remaining 2-3 (and Depaul and SH being doormats).  That's a healthy conference

If you somehow add Gonzaga, then 5 could be the expectation every year.

desco80

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »

Sounds about right.   It'll be interesting who that 10th team is, assuming the first two are Xavier and butler.

SJUFAN

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

If the potential rumored TV deal is true, you don't think the new league would become a top basketball conference? These schools will be forced to spend that money on coaching staffs, its the business model, imo.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:59:13 AM by STJFAN »

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

Seriously. I love this forum. My favorite St. John's forum, but if there is anything dislike it and not want to come back to its Baldi. Between the constant Iona posts and the jabs he takes at St. John's (most not even factual), it just makes me less and less wanting to read threads on the site.

Like seriously?  So my opinion is wrong?