Catholic 7 Potential TV Deal

• 137 replies
Re: Catholic 7 Potential TV Deal
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »
Opinions can't really be wrong but they can be baseless.

For example: It is my opinion that Roseann Barr is more attractive than Heidi Klum.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:46:34 PM by simplyred »

paultzman

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »
Opinions can't really be wrong but they can be baseless.

For example: It is my opinion that Roseann Barr is more attractive than Heidi Klum.

You mean Seal? Ha!

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2013, 02:19:28 PM »
Seriously. I love this forum. My favorite St. John's forum, but if there is anything dislike it and not want to come back to its Baldi. Between the constant Iona posts and the jabs he takes at St. John's (most not even factual), it just makes me less and less wanting to read threads on the site.

He has 11,000 posts. 

This is akin to saying that you like beer; but dislike the bubbles.

MCNPA

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »
Fwiw, take this with a grain of salt but heard today that the league will go to 12 right away and it will be Xavier, Butler, Dayton, St. Louis and Creighton invited.  The reason the deal with Fox being talked about is that they already know what they're paying for.  I'm guessing it would be two divisions east/west.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:54:48 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
Fwiw, take this with a grain of salt but heard today that the league will go to 12 right away and it will be Xavier, Butler, Dayton, St. Louis and Creighton invited.  The reason the deal with Fox being talked about is that they already know what they're paying for.  I'm guessing it would be two divisions east/west.

This from the Prov board?

I really don't want to go 12 teams.  180 from where I stood a few months ago.  I really want no part of Creighton and only want 1 from the Dayton/St Louis choice.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »

I really don't want to go 12 teams.  180 from where I stood a few months ago.  I really want no part of Creighton and only want 1 from the Dayton/St Louis choice.

Ten is my preference too. Can't argue with that money though.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

I was really looking forward to a home and away with every team in the league.   Don't think you can do that with 12 teams. 

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »

Why do you feel this way, my brother?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »

Ten is my preference too. Can't argue with that money though.

That Katz article right after the split talked about Zags reaching out to the C7.  Haven't heard anything since.

I heard they wanted to stick to 9-10 teams unless Zags wanted in.  Then they would increase.  The idea was that the extra non conference games would be great but only if Zags came in could those be sacrificed.

Moose

« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »

Just posted before I saw your note.  I heard they were set on X and Butler and hemming and hawing on the 10th spot.  Loved having the extra non conf spots and would sacrifice them for Zaga. 

Creighton just doesnt get me all excited.  Both Dayton and STL are viable.  Just not sure about both.  Either way I'm still 150% behind this new conference.

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
Why no love for Creighton?  Typically a solid program, even if they take a step back once Doug McD goes pro?  I can see one thinking that there is no need for Dayton when you have Butler and Xavier, but I think Creighton would be a solid addition.  Or is it because getting Creighton means you need to add another team (i.e., a Dayton), whereas staying at 10 gives you Butler/Xavier (who everyone wants) and then possibly St. Louis with that market.

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
Sorry I posted just as you had replied.

MCNPA

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »
No' didn't read the Providence board.  Maybe its a rumor that has been floating out there?  Fwiw, I'd rather VCU than Creighton probably.

Moose

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »
I guess its Omaha Nebraska to me.  Doesn't strike basketball to me.  But the cities in Ohio, Indy and STL do.  Just my two cents.

As for VCU I don't see that one happening.  The size of the school dwarfs all the other schools I'm pretty sure.  I would think they kind of want to stay in the same mindset.

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2013, 03:16:58 PM »
Although it's not a moneymaker, Creighton's baseball program is also very strong and would be a big asset.

I wonder after the next inevitable wave of the ACC exodus if Notre Dame will seriously contemplate coming to this league. C7 + ND + X + BUT + CREI + VCU/DAY/SLU is a very good conference.

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2013, 03:18:26 PM »

Just posted before I saw your note.  I heard they were set on X and Butler and hemming and hawing on the 10th spot.  Loved having the extra non conf spots and would sacrifice them for Zaga. 

Creighton just doesnt get me all excited.  Both Dayton and STL are viable.  Just not sure about both.  Either way I'm still 150% behind this new conference.

I see.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »

Sounds alot like the A10

Moose

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »

Sounds alot like the A10

Thats life.
Deal with it and move on or go root for another team.......................................

oh wait.

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2013, 03:27:58 PM »
Thats life.
Deal with it and move on or go root for another team.......................................

oh wait.

For the record Baldi was a big SJU rooter during the Norm years, and was constantly bashing the people killing Norm as "not real fans of the program." My buddy Choz even called Baldi "the voice of reason during the BEB days" not to long ago. Baldi is like a "heel" wrestler, he switches sides to go aggravate the majority. BTW WASJU predicted this Baldi switch in one of his last BEB threads after Norm was fired.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:30:02 PM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2013, 03:35:28 PM »
Seriously. I love this forum. My favorite St. John's forum, but if there is anything dislike it and not want to come back to its Baldi. Between the constant Iona posts and the jabs he takes at St. John's (most not even factual), it just makes me less and less wanting to read threads on the site.

He has 11,000 posts. 

This is akin to saying that you like beer; but dislike the bubbles.

11,000 posts.  damn.  There is a reason that the longest thread in the history of Johnny Jungle is about Iona basketball. 

You guys need to have fun with Baldi. He will be the first to admit he's a dope.  It's not to hard to make him look silly, he does most of the work himself.