Rutgers Game

• 295 replies

jr49

Re: Rutgers Game
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
We need 2 of the next 3.

I think we need all 3. Look at the rest of the schedule. It gets hard.

5 of the next 7 (rutgers gtown nd depaul rutgers sh depaul) would put is in good position before the hard part of the schedule (@gtown uconn @cuse @lou).  if we are 7-6 in conference at that point we are looking great
I still can't break it down any simpler then seeing the kids getting better game to game. It never happens in a straight line, but ya know what I mean. Next I would hope the anger I see directed Coach Steve's way disappear. I get posters allowed to find fault but why mean and personal to the point of asking who's gonna coach the team. Cal and Pitino did not get it going right away, and the came into conf. USA. Beilein, Crean, the guy at Zona. and a bunch of other's who had more time then Coach Steve did not get some of the shit dished out here. Is the Nasty stuff goin to stop?

desco80

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
I'm not thinking past Rutgers at this point... I know the Georgetown and ND games loom on the horizon, but I can't get that far ahead.
One win at a time.   But I do agree that if we are going to turn it around and make the postseason (a tall order imo) we have a small margin of error.   

Not counting on Obekpa, hoping for a 100% Jamal Branch though.   Honestly, I was hoping he'd play 30mins in the Cinn game before I heard the news about his eye. 

stat worth mentioning.. Rutgers is shooting like 75% from the foul line so far.   Best in the BE. 

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
If anyone is selling any extra tickets for the Rutgers game, shoot me a direct message.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »
I'm not thinking past Rutgers at this point... I know the Georgetown and ND games loom on the horizon, but I can't get that far ahead.
One win at a time.   But I do agree that if we are going to turn it around and make the postseason (a tall order imo) we have a small margin of error.   

Not counting on Obekpa, hoping for a 100% Jamal Branch though.   Honestly, I was hoping he'd play 30mins in the Cinn game before I heard the news about his eye. 

stat worth mentioning.. Rutgers is shooting like 75% from the foul line so far.   Best in the BE.

Rutgers will be tough, but beatable because Mack and Carter can be stopped.  Need to use same principles as Cincy game and prevent dribble penetration.  Without dribble penetration, RU won't be able to win.  They rely on Mack and Carter running rampant on the court.  Matchup defense needs to secure their 1-3 spots and let Obekpa deal with the rest.  IMO, they wont beat us on the inside unless they get effective dribble penetration.  We did a great job against Cincy.  Same game plan should apply. 

Rutgers is last in league in A/to ratio and turnovers so we must pressure them plenty.  Their guards aren't getting assists.  Put the deep freeze on Mack and carter and we win, much like Cincy.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:41:57 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
If anyone is selling any extra tickets for the Rutgers game, shoot me a direct message.

Fansnap.com
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
Moose dont read this.

50%  off select tickets.

Passcode:  Redstorm

http://www.thegarden.com/content/msg/the-garden/events/promos/REDSTORM0.html

Ha

Tickets in the 100 level for 1/2 price.  There goes my lunch.  I'll wait until our next loss and then fire off a nasty email to STJ.

Don't go ruining it for the rest of us po' folk!

Moose

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Moose dont read this.

50%  off select tickets.

Ha

Tickets in the 100 level for 1/2 price.  There goes my lunch.  I'll wait until our next loss and then fire off a nasty email to STJ.

Last time I checked I wasn't rolling in money either.

desco80

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »

Rutgers will be tough, but NHL because Mack and Cart are tough.  Need to use same principles as Cincy game and prevent dribble penetration.  Without dribble penetration, RU won't be able to win.  They rely on Mack and Carter running rampant on the court.  Matchup defense needs to secure their 1-3 spots and let Obekpa deal with the rest.  IMO, they wont beat us on the inside unless they get effective dribble penetration.  We did a great job against Cincy.  Same game plan should apply. 

Rutgers is last in league in A/to ratio and turnovers so we must pressure them plenty.  Their guards aren't getting assists.  Put the deep freeze on Mack and carter and we win, much like Cincy.   

I saw that about their turnovers and assists too.... That bodes well for us.  You need to be a good passing team to get open shots against our zone. 
Totally agree about the game plan.  I'm not a huge fan our zone, but it worked against Cinncy's guards, lets do the same thing to Rutgers.

edit: in my original post I mean I'm not counting on Orlando.   

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 10:55:54 PM »
I'm really excited for this game.  Protect the Garden floor like the guys did 2 years ago and we can be in business this year.

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
Moose dont read this.

50%  off select tickets.

Ha

I sit in 107, this makes me sick.  We should all give up our season tickets and buy tickets on Stub Hub or with some codes. Only thing we get is a chance at BE Tourney tickets.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »
Moose dont read this.

50%  off select tickets.

Ha

I sit in 107, this makes me sick.  We should all give up our season tickets and buy tickets on Stub Hub or with some codes. Only thing we get is a chance at BE Tourney tickets.

Same deal.

I'm just waiting until I'm in a real pissy mood to send a scathing email.

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 03:41:59 PM »
I have complained before to no avail. Tried to move to seats with backs at CA this year they said none available. Meanwhile someone else we know moved down. We have tix 40 yrs, the people that moved down 5yrs.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »
I have complained before to no avail. Tried to move to seats with backs at CA this year they said none available. Meanwhile someone else we know moved down. We have tix 40 yrs, the people that moved down 5yrs.

Its all who you know.  The hypocrisy in that dept is mind numbing.

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »

Believe it or not I know someone!

Moose

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »

Believe it or not I know someone!

I do too.  haha
Its really just comedy all around there.

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »

Why not counting on Obekpa ? or do you mean Sanchez ?
Molloy '71

desco80

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 04:28:56 PM »

Why not counting on Obekpa ? or do you mean Sanchez ?

That's exactly it, typo on my part.   Look up about 6 or 7 posts I posted a correction.   
Really hoping Branch's eye is better though - I think he provides a big boast.    I'm sure Orlando would too, but who the hell knows about that situation. 

pmg911

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
I think we win 74 - 60

Moose

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
I think we win 74 - 60

I hope your right.  I'd be more than happy with that result.

DFF6

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
NJ Turnpike  -  66
Union Turnpike - 70