Rutgers Game

• 295 replies

Chilleb

Re: Rutgers Game
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
I can't find in myself to fault d'lo this kid has carried us every inch of the way with cameo help to say the least. Nothing consistent on a night to night basis except his heart and effort. What more do you want from the kid, he's the only bright spot so far, staff included

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2013, 09:18:50 PM »
This was a horrific loss.  If you can't beat Rutgers at home, goodnight.  Absolutely no coaching going on at the end of that game, none.  Bad shot by Harrison who should have had the ball in the last possession. Could he not have driven and got fouled?  The Cinci game means crap after this loss.  I am totally disgusted.

Just Awfull!!!!!!
coaches can't be at the line...your best FT shooter can. The 3 pt shot was greedy but he had a good look. The season isn't over, but the pressure is building.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »
If Sampson had just lowered his head and gone to the rim he woulda been shooting 2.

Almost better he didn't considering how they shoot fts.

Just unbelievable.

« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »
Austin Johnson Killed us. Thats what is killing me. Deangelo can have an off night from the line, he played great basketball. How does austin Johnson get 10 points in 20 minutes.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2013, 09:19:32 PM »
 Only positive is I admire Sampson for wanting to take the last shot. No one else besides D-lo would have the balls to take it.

FT shooting, bad first half rebounding, and another poor start. Can't be down 10 in first 5 minutes every game.

I don't think Branch is the answer at the point, but Phil certainly isn't. I'm hoping Branch is a case of rust and his eye not 100%.  If not, we are in trouble. 

I am of the opinion that this is more on the players than the staff.  Dumb turnovers and missed FT aren't something the staff has control over. 

« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2013, 09:20:34 PM »
just a tough game I missed where the coaching went bad. Harrison had the ball down the stretch and couldn't deliver. It happens! Sampson keeps making the same mistake, but he will learn

« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
This was a horrific loss.  If you can't beat Rutgers at home, goodnight.  Absolutely no coaching going on at the end of that game, none.  Bad shot by Harrison who should have had the ball in the last possession. Could he not have driven and got fouled?  The Cinci game means crap after this loss.  I am totally disgusted.

Just Awfull!!!!!!
coaches can't be at the line...your best FT shooter can. The 3 pt shot was greedy but he had a good look. The season isn't over, but the pressure is building.

I agree the season is not over and considering they are thisclose to being 3-0.

Next 2 games provide an opportunity.

But they cannot keep making bad mistakes typical of a young team.  Time to grow up.

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
Only positive is I admire Sampson for wanting to take the last shot. No one else besides D-lo would have the balls to take it.

FT shooting, bad first half rebounding, and another poor start. Can't be down 10 in first 5 minutes every game.

I don't think Branch is the answer at the point, but Phil certainly isn't. I'm hoping Branch is a case of rust and his eye not 100%.  If not, we are in trouble. 

I am of the opinion that this is more on the players than the staff.  Dumb turnovers and missed FT aren't something the staff has control over. 

I dont get what people have against branch. He played good. dished out 3 assists which accounted for 8 points and a point from himself. IN 8 MINUTES!

kob24

« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
Jakkar is bugging

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
I liked Harrison's look at the end. I see him hitting that shot...just didn't fall tonight. Shake this loss off and pull off the very capable Georgetown upset.

uwsfan

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2013, 09:23:06 PM »
Its obvious watching this team, that they are not well coached and that the coaches dont have a very good eye for detail when it comes to technique and excecution in practice, and it shows during the games.

Im beginning to see the writing on the wall, and it doesnt look good for Lavins tenure here. I personally am getting sick of the guy and his lack of X & Os accumen, and am starting to think of who else I would like to see coach here (Hoiberg, Shaka Smart....), just someone who can coach!   >:(

Chilleb

« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2013, 09:24:29 PM »

Just Awfull!!!!!!
Listen free throws hurt as just as much as the poor offensive continuity , rotation, crunch time coaching, missed layups and turn overs stop bringing the game just to free throws because it is convenient, the game wasn't a free throw shooting contest it was a 40 minute basketball game

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:22 PM »
The other thing is SJU cannot play Rutgers at MSG.

No juice in the building.

boo3

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2013, 09:25:47 PM »

I dont get what people have against branch. He played good. dished out 3 assists which accounted for 8 points and a point from himself. IN 8 MINUTES!

I hope I'm wrong.. I'm not seeing it.  Why didn't he play down the stretch again?  You have to admit, he has been careless with the ball in limited action.   I will gladly admit I'm wrong if/when he turns into the PG this team needs.

« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:05 PM »
Its obvious watching this team, that they are not well coached and that the coaches dont have a very good eye for detail when it comes to technique and excecution in practice, and it shows during the games.

Im beginning to see the writing on the wall, and it doesnt look good for Lavins tenure here. I personally am getting sick of the guy and his lack of X & Os accumen, and am starting to think of who else I would like to see coach here (Hoiberg, Shaka Smart....), just someone who can coach!   >:(

I cant tell if you are serious?

« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
i think if branch gets enough minutes out there his confidence will grow,  i think hes a better option than greene at the point, branch shows some potential of being able to run the point but is forcing alot of his passes and his decsion making isnt their yet, i hope its just the lack of playing time considering hes basically a freshman, i just think greene only has that jumper in the lane and is really a back up 2 guard

« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2013, 09:26:59 PM »

Shocked when I saw this on the sked
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
Need to practice our free throws, especially Obekpa.  He wants to relax so he trys to treat FTs casually, and he doesn't even glance up at the rim until the moment he shoots.  I think he needs to get to the line and stare the rim down a bit before he shoots.

« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Everyone is so quick to point the finger. The team lost, not the coaches and not the players but everyone lost.

« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2013, 09:28:11 PM »

Playing the hall there as well. Guess we were just waiting for Bobby g to leave

Shocked when I saw this on the sked