Louisville Game - Player of the Game

• 45 replies

Moose

Re: Louisville Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
Interesting.  For instance, I've never watched a game to specifically see if Greene is freezing out Marco purposely.

Carmine watches a game and sees nothing but Greene and a big red heart hovering above him.

;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

redslope

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 12:12:17 PM »
Even though D'angelo hit a milestone last night, I gave it to the "4th" for all the abuse he has taken lately and hung in there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:12:37 PM by redslope »

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
Interesting.  For instance, I've never watched a game to specifically see if Greene is freezing out Marco purposely.

Carmine watches a game and sees nothing but Greene and a big red heart hovering above him.

;)

True. I hope he likes the chocolate and roses I sent him.  The season highlight for me thus far was when he banked a three, finished on a beautiful drive contested by Deng, tipped in a Jakarr miss than threw in a 30 footer all in a 1.5 minute span.  Kid was ballin.

Seriously, 1 turnover, and it was on a long breakaway pass attempt, against the vaunted Pitino pressure?  Give it up for Mr. Greenjeans people.

Moose

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »

;)

True. I hope he likes the chocolate and roses I sent him.  The season highlight for me thus far was when he banked a three, finished on a beautiful drive contested by Deng, tipped in a Jakarr miss than threw in a 30 footer all in a 1.5 minute span.  Kid was ballin.

Seriously, 1 turnover, and it was on a long breakaway pass attempt, against the vaunted Pitino pressure?  Give it up for Mr. Greenjeans people.

Oh Carmine my friend.

Phil had 10 points after the last TV timeout (aka garbage time)

He had 2 points to kick off the 2nd half at the 19:31 mark cutting the deficit to 7.  He then missed his next 4 attempts and didn't score again until the 7:43 mark when he cut the deficit to 10.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
Jerian Grant had 12 in garbage time for ND last week.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
Jerian Grant had 12 in garbage time for ND last week.

If we tied the game it wouldnt have been garbage time.
Guess what?

We didn't.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »
 Come on.. of all the kids to take to task last night, Phil shouldn't be one. 

Carmine is right ( never thought I'd type that  ;) )  1 turnover is a great stat... yeah, i know, dribble in circles...gets dizzy,  runs around aimless...blah, blah, blah..  He played a good game last night and without him it would have been over with 10 minutes left in 1st half instead of 10 minutes left in 2nd half.

Come one fellas.. you can do it.. give the kid a little credit when he plays well.  Doesn't mean you're wrong in general. 

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
I love every player on the team because I am a St. John's fan.  Hell, I love ARod as long as he is in a Yankees uniform.  I don't understand fans hating players on the team they root for.  I understand critiquing their game and honestly assessing their playing ability.  But the incessant bashing of a kid---even after he's had a good game--- and the unwillingness to give him props when deserved, is beyond me.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »

Carmine is right ( never thought I'd type that  ;) )  1 turnover is a great stat... yeah, i know, dribble in circles...gets dizzy,  runs around aimless...blah, blah, blah..  He played a good game last night and without him it would have been over with 10 minutes left in 1st half instead of 10 minutes left in 2nd half.

Come one fellas.. you can do it.. give the kid a little credit when he plays well.  Doesn't mean you're wrong in general. 

He stopped the break every time instead of running it. Stop reading the box score. It's lying to you. Greene is the problem when he is running the offense.

boo3

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »

He stopped the break every time instead of running it. Stop reading the box score. It's lying to you. Greene is the problem when he is running the offense.

I haven't read a box score of any game.  I don't even know the stats.  How many shots did he hit when no one else could score? More than a few.  We all know, and state, that he isn't a PG.  News Flash- we don't have one right now so it's him.  He handled it as well as anyone should expect against a great defensive team.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:37:49 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »

Not last night.  Against Louisville, I place the blame more on Sir'Dom and Jakarr.  Phil didn't do much wrong.

Moose

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:51 PM »
Who is hating or bashing on the kid?  There wasn't much of the dribbling in circles last night honestly.  But stats can be flawed in many ways thats all I'm pointing out.  As for those saying he won't pass to Marco......I won't go there.  That is too dicey.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 03:48:31 PM »
If you look at the first half, when no one else was hitting, Phil came down and made the shots that kept us close.  I didn't even realize how many he scored until after I saw the box score after the game but it just seemed that his buckets were big and came at opportune times.

boo3

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Who is hating or bashing on the kid?  There wasn't much of the dribbling in circles last night honestly.  But stats can be flawed in many ways thats all I'm pointing out.  As for those saying he won't pass to Marco......I won't go there.  That is too dicey.

Come on Moose, the kid gets killed nearly every game.  Before game, during the game, and after.. Some of it deserved, some of it not.  Go back and read some game threads.  There are certainly a few posters who can't stand the kid. I'm not into calling people out though. Not that important to me.

Of course the bashing is covered up by calling it "constructive criticism"... Lol.

Moose

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

Come on Moose, the kid gets killed nearly every game.  Before game, during the game, and after.. Some of it deserved, some of it not.  Go back and read some game threads.  There are certainly a few posters who can't stand the kid. I'm not into calling people out though. Not that important to me.

Of course the bashing is covered up by calling it "constructive criticism"... Lol.

Game threads are a lot of fun.  I don't post in them very often.  Usually only in the 2nd half once the game has run its course.  Otherwise ppl look foolish.

I don't see how he is POG.  I think ppl just looked at his stat line.  But again he had his initial burst out of the gate and then nothing until garbage time when the deficit never got below 10.  But on the bright side the dribbling was toned down.  Because Dom and Karr were too busy jacking up early shot clock shots :)

boo3

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
 Phil frustrates me as much as anyone else. I thought he had as many good moments as anyone else last night.  That may not be saying much.  I had no idea his stats until I read the poll..  Still would have voted for him based on what i watched.  Only other possible was Harrison for me.  Unfortunately, he missed some big shots, particularly in the second half when it was still a game. A couple of wide open 3s if memory serves.  Those go down, he gets hot, then maybe the game turns out differently.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 05:08:29 PM »
Bingo Moose! Just because someone criticises how someone plays basketball doesn't mean they hate a kid. such sensitive people. Guess when their parents yelled at them for something they thought dear old mom and dad hated them. Hey, maybe they did and that is why they are so sensitive. Gee wilikers, now I understand! :)

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
Bingo Moose! Just because someone criticises how someone plays basketball doesn't mean they hate a kid. such sensitive people. Guess when their parents yelled at them for something they thought dear old mom and dad hated them. Hey, maybe they did and that is why they are so sensitive. Gee wilikers, now I understand! :)

My parents never yelled at me.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »

My parents never yelled at me.
Went right to the belt huh? :)

Poison

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »

Not last night.  Against Louisville, I place the blame more on Sir'Dom and Jakarr.  Phil didn't do much wrong.

Definitely last night. Yes, he scored some points, and part of this is probably having a fill in coach w no experience, but no one was able to run the break last night. I agree, Pointer and Sampson are not able to do that now.

But Greene, for all of his scoring, prevented everyone else from scoring because he wasn't comfortable making a pass when it was the right time to do so. That is the problem with our team. It begins and ends with ball movement.

He needs to make passes. He's not even trying to.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 05:36:00 PM by Poison »