Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies
Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #320 on: March 03, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
I think he ends up coming back unless Lavin really wants him gone.  I cannot see him sitting out a year to go play somewhere else.  If not, I see him going overseas.

That's a good point. I think he either stays here or plays pro elsewhere. He already has supposedly said that he was only planning on playing two years, him sitting out a year guarantees 4 years in college, and he still might need an extra year to get back in the flow of the game.

I am in the D'lo staying camp. I think it is most beneficial for him to stay here, grind it out and learn from the experience.

DFF6

« Reply #321 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:20 PM »
I have no direct knowledge, but I'd be surprised if Harrison comes back. Harrison holds a grudge when he doesn't get a call, so I can't imagine the hit his pride took over this. Besides, being suspended for a bad attitude on a bubble team with 3 games left in the season is more than an attitude adjustment move. As a coach, you make this decision with the expectation that it's permanent. Shame. Harrison has more heart than anyone on the team, but too bad his ego is bigger.

« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »
Guess they need to hire another assistant to babysit Harrison

paultzman

« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
I'm happy, nothing to lose and a lot to gain, if he can get his shit together. 1,000 scorers in only two years are hard to come by.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:55:41 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »
Great news! Now we just have to make sure Jakarr stays which I expect he will. He seemed so excited about Sanchez coming back and probably wants to play with him. I think he also realizes what this team can do if he stays with Sanchez and possibly even Jordan coming. Harrison has a bad attitude no doubt, but you know what? He's our leading scorer and he won many games for us by himself. He also made a ton of clutch shots. Without him we lose at least 4-5 more games IMO. I really hope it was his pinky he injured weeks ago that was bothering him and altered his shot and that he gets back on track next year. If he comes out next year shooting 38-40% from 3, averaging close to 20 ppg and no major incidents, Lavin will look like a genius and our team likely cracks the top 25 assuming Sampson stays and Sanchez is worth the hype.

paultzman

« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2013, 09:01:42 PM »
Great news! Now we just have to make sure Jakarr stays which I expect he will. He seemed so excited about Sanchez coming back and probably wants to play with him. I think he also realizes what this team can do if he stays with Sanchez and possibly even Jordan coming. Harrison has a bad attitude no doubt, but you know what? He's our leading scorer and he won many games for us by himself. He also made a ton of clutch shots. Without him we lose at least 4-5 more games IMO. I really hope it was his pinky he injured weeks ago that was bothering him and altered his shot and that he gets back on track next year. If he comes out next year shooting 38-40% from 3, averaging close to 20 ppg and no major incidents, Lavin will look like a genius and our team likely cracks the top 25 assuming Sampson stays and Sanchez is worth the hype.

Agree

« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
Great news. D'lo will become a better person and learn a lot from this that will be helpful not just in hoops but in life as well.

DFF6

« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2013, 09:13:40 PM »
Sorry for the frequent posts, but just to add, thank god this situation came to a conclusion quickly so we can put it behind us knowing he will be there next year. I was really hoping we didn't have to wait until deep into the summer to get an answer and have another drawn out case like Sanchez. I also think Harrison's decision to stay shows maturity and commitment which are 2 things he gets railed for. He easily could have been like Lindsey, up and left in the middle of the night but he wants us to win and I appreciate that as should all of us even if he moans and groans occasionally. This is a kid with Big East POY potential and has already established himself as one of the premier scorers in the conference as just a soph. We need all the scoring options we can get.

« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »
Great news. D'lo will become a better person and learn a lot from this that will be helpful not just in hoops but in life as well.

I would have put the odds at 75% that Harrison was leaving. After reading that Lenn Robbins says he is coming back I upgrade it to 95%  he is gone.

Moose

« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2013, 09:18:20 PM »

I would have put the odds at 75% that Harrison was leaving. After reading that Lenn Robbins says he is coming back I upgrade it to 95%  he is gone.

Haha
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »

good point. lol

« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
Lenny is funny.  If you read his game column today he clearly implied that there was perhaps some dissension on the team regarding the suspension by first repeating the fact that Harrison and his family were "surprised" by the suspension then printing a quote from Dom that said he and his teammates didn't see it coming either.

« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
Lenny is funny.  If you read his game column today he clearly implied that there was perhaps some dissension on the team regarding the suspension by first repeating the fact that Harrison and his family were "surprised" by the suspension then printing a quote from Dom that said he and his teammates didn't see it coming either.

Which would also go against the people implying that the players were for the suspension.

« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

Or it could be a complete overreaction to a quote by a 20 year old kid taken out of context.

Since 3 Pointer, Branch and others were made available after the suspension and before the game and none of them implied there was anything other then complete focus on the games in front of them.  Besides whether they were in favor or not is immaterial this is not a democracy.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:19:38 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »
Good for you d'angelo. Your work here at St. John's is not complete.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

RedVet

« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2013, 10:53:52 PM »
I still think his coming back is very, very iffy. It's one thing to say, like he reportedly has, that he's not leaving the school right now, in the middle of a semester, but something else to say -- and, from what I've read, he hasn't -- that he'll definitely be back next year.

Poison

« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »
Good for you d'angelo. Your work here at St. John's is not complete.

+1