Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies

jr49

Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »

It may be me, but tonight on SNY with Tarik Turner, Lavin did not leave me confident Harrison will return. If anything, reference to Harrison "having a good future at SJU or somewhere else" by Lavin raised more doubt in my mind. Just a gut reaction! Hope I'm wrong.
Lavs got a few kids that can make the league. If Harrison gonna eye ball refs and acting like he doesn't need to be bothered by staff he not going to get to influence the future of others. That's only fair and Harrison should be made clear on the issues. That's also being fair to him.

[/quote]

boo3

« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »
“@NJHoopsHaven: Seton Hall's Fuquan Edwin made 1st All-Met with Jones & Iona's Sean Armand, LIU's Jamal Olasewere & Jason Brickman, and D'Angelo Harrison”

Have to admit it is odd;
“@NJHoopsHaven: Stunned that D'Angelo Harrison, who St. John's essentially kicked off the team, made 1st team All-Met over Rutgers' Myles Mack (2nd team)”

Harrison is better than everyone on that list.  He missed a handful of games, but he still scored a ton.

So is JaKarr.  On future NBA talent alone JaKarr is ahead of everyone on that list.

Agreed.  JaKarr's time will come.. next year.  1st team all BE conference. Maybe even player of the year. 

Marillac

« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »
“@NJHoopsHaven: Seton Hall's Fuquan Edwin made 1st All-Met with Jones & Iona's Sean Armand, LIU's Jamal Olasewere & Jason Brickman, and D'Angelo Harrison”

Have to admit it is odd;
“@NJHoopsHaven: Stunned that D'Angelo Harrison, who St. John's essentially kicked off the team, made 1st team All-Met over Rutgers' Myles Mack (2nd team)”

Harrison is better than everyone on that list.  He missed a handful of games, but he still scored a ton.

So is JaKarr.  On future NBA talent alone JaKarr is ahead of everyone on that list.

No argument from me. 

paultzman

« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
The Haggerty Awards are becoming less and less relevant IMO.

jr49

« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »

It may be me, but tonight on SNY with Tarik Turner, Lavin did not leave me confident Harrison will return. If anything, reference to Harrison "having a good future at SJU or somewhere else" by Lavin raised more doubt in my mind. Just a gut reaction! Hope I'm wrong.
Lavs got a few kids that can make the league. If Harrison gonna eye ball refs and acting like he doesn't need to be bothered by staff he not going to get to influence the future of others. That's only fair and Harrison should be made clear on the issues. That's also being fair to him.

I apologize to Paultzman for writing over his post. He can write so I'm really screwing up his post. It's in answer to his feeling that Coach not confident about Harrison coming back. Then with no break, my post shows up. Whenever I try to respond with kindle fire, I mess it up.
[/quote]

pmg911

« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »

Why would they be any more relevant then they have been, its not a national award. Its the Met Writers.

paultzman

« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »

Why would they be any more relevant then they have been, its not a national award. Its the Met Writers.

Just my opinion that it doesn't mean much to me. Look to League awards more.

paultzman

« Reply #407 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: #stjbb G D'Angelo Harrison says he's 'focusing on taking the necessary steps to work his way back on the team' after being suspended”

« Reply #408 on: April 15, 2013, 05:53:16 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: #stjbb G D'Angelo Harrison says he's 'focusing on taking the necessary steps to work his way back on the team' after being suspended”

Huge

paultzman

« Reply #409 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: .@STJCoachLavin on D'Angelo Harrison: "D'Angelo has responded to his suspension in an admirable & mature manner. We are hopeful with a...”

“@AdamZagoria: "...productive spring and summer performance he will be able to earn his way back on to our team." #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #410 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Again, with @KarrSampson14 , Harrison and @sheedjordan in the fold next year, look out for the Johnnies. #stjbb”

« Reply #411 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »
Sounds promising. You would think that if he had made up his mind to leave he would have announced by now.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #412 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »
Good to hear these positives--I see D'Angelo in the same light as the gospel story of the prodigal son.  He will be welcomed back with open arms if he makes the effort.  In addition, this could really enhance his game as he will be more a teammate and acceptance of criticism will go a long way with professional scouts.

paultzman

« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: St. John’s Harrison on Track to Return From Suspension http://zagsblog.com/articles/st-johns-harrison-on-track-to-return-from-suspension/ #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #414 on: April 15, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: D'Angelo Harrison and girlfriend Tee arrive at the Westchester Marriott for the MBWA Awards Dinner #stjbb http://lockerz.com/s/289663338

desco80

« Reply #415 on: April 15, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
Sounds like good news.   

Also interesting to note a quote from Jakarr from the dinner last night:
“We’ll have a deep team next year with Orlando Sanchez, Max Hooper and God’sgift Achiuwa being able to play so I think we’re going to be good,” Sampson said.

Maybe I'm wrong and Gift will have a meaningful role.   I'll gladly eat crow if he helps us have a successful season.

« Reply #416 on: April 15, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: D'Angelo Harrison and girlfriend Tee arrive at the Westchester Marriott for the MBWA Awards Dinner #stjbb http://lockerz.com/s/289663338

De and Tee...that's cute

Will he be able to travel with the team this summer to Europe is the question. I hope the staff would include him in this if they think he is on track and doesn't do anything stupid from now until the time of the trip

sju89tr

« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53:08 PM »
He looks happy. My thought is Lavin must continue to toe the company line as he listed his conditions for reinstatement. I am thinking we will get a formal announcement of his reinstatement in June-July when workouts are ongoing.

His girlfriend retweeted me when I talked about our 4 guards after the Sheed decision.

Lets not lose sight of the fact that this is Dee's team and he hopefully he works his way back.

« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »

De and Tee...that's cute

Cute unless you get the DeeTee's.  ;)   Thanks, I'll be here all week!

« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »
"I was suspended for disciplinary reasons,” Harrison said Monday. “Obviously it is hard to be suspended from the team but I have been repairing those relationships with the coaching staff and I understand why they did it.”

He added: “Taking time away from the game was good because I could be a regular student and not have pressure on me all the time. Taking time away from the game was good for me, I learned a lot and I’m still learning.”

Sounds like he took this suspension very well and understands it was necessary. Very mature quotes from the kid, I'm impressed.