Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies

TONYD3

Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #520 on: May 18, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
Just read the article. Why was it written? It's may, we don't get coverage like that during the season. It also didn't really say anything new

Moose

« Reply #521 on: May 18, 2013, 11:05:43 AM »
Just read the article. Why was it written? It's may, we don't get coverage like that during the season. It also didn't really say anything new

Lenn likes to stir the pot.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #522 on: May 19, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
Steve Lavin ‏@STJCoachLavin 5m

Article in NY Post on #Stjbb Dee Harrison. Dee with momentum & presently doing good work with John Lucas in Houston. http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/storm_warning_oalUKIocpYeIkCZRbO47DN

« Reply #523 on: May 19, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »

Article in NY Post on #Stjbb Dee Harrison. Dee with momentum & presently doing good work with John Lucas in Houston. http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/storm_warning_oalUKIocpYeIkCZRbO47DN
Worked with Lucas last year-hope it yields better results this year.

« Reply #524 on: May 19, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »

Posted more for Lav's timely, positive comment re: Dee, not working out with Lucas

« Reply #525 on: May 19, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »

Thought he played pretty well
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

boo3

« Reply #526 on: May 19, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
 One thing we can all see with Harrison is that he is a volatile kid, both in playing style and attitude.   Like the article said, this is a fluid situation.  Everything can be fine one minute and then all of a sudden change.  That's the impression i get.  I hope it works out, but I won't feel 100% confident until he is in class in the fall.

« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2013, 11:19:13 PM »

Non conference yes.  Big east play was a diff story.  I'm very happy that he is coming back, love his talent but he has to take better shots next year. 

Hes a better shooter than his numbers indicate, problem is he takes a lot of bad shots, and its not all his fault.

He shot below 35% from field and below 30% from 3 during big east play.  That wont cut it in when your taking the most shots. 

Ill reiterate, we really need this guy. He's tremendously talented, my big problem is he can do a lot better. I just have a problem when he takes NBA threes one pass into the half court offense with 28 on the shot clock.  Im hoping the coaches take off the "emerald green light" until proven otherwise and also the fast break three. Much rather have him be more aggressive and draw fouls, which he's great at.   

I am also optimistic Jordan can be a perpetrator to draw the d and give him better looks.  He hasnt had much help so far. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:26:19 PM by B-Squared »

« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »

Not talking about the quality of his play. It is my understanding that Lucas works with troubled youths and people with addictions in a sort of rehab environment as John Lucas himself battled drugs addiction. My statement of hoping for better results stems from the fact that Dlo wound up suspended from the team last season.

Foad

« Reply #529 on: May 20, 2013, 06:46:03 AM »
Not talking about the quality of his play. It is my understanding that Lucas works with troubled youths and people with addictions in a sort of rehab environment as John Lucas himself battled drugs addiction. My statement of hoping for better results stems from the fact that Dlo wound up suspended from the team last season.

Your understanding is incorrect. "Harrison, as reported by The Post, spent a couple of weeks last summer at the John Lucas camp." John Lucas pre-draft camp is "developed for those top tier college athletes who are preparing for performance on the professional level." So to recap, Harrison went to summer camp, he's not a troubled junkie.

pmg911

« Reply #530 on: May 20, 2013, 07:35:09 AM »

Your understanding is incorrect. "Harrison, as reported by The Post, spent a couple of weeks last summer at the John Lucas camp." John Lucas pre-draft camp is "developed for those top tier college athletes who are preparing for performance on the professional level." So to recap, Harrison went to summer camp, he's not a troubled junkie.

On top of his pre-draft Lucas does do work with "troubled" kids. He doesn't advertise this work but he has kids with varying issues sent down to him every Summer.

Foad

« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2013, 08:01:53 AM »
On top of his pre-draft Lucas does do work with "troubled" kids. He doesn't advertise this work but he has kids with varying issues sent down to him every Summer.

Yes, everyone know what he does. The point is, does this sound like a description of a junkie or a troubled kid?

"Harrison ... spent a couple of weeks ... at ... camp."

It sounds like summer vacation to me. It couldn't be more innocuous. Meatballs was more ominous.

You have evidence that Harrison's attendance was anything other than routine? Present it. Otherwise this is just more slander.

pmg911

« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »

Yes, everyone know what he does. The point is, does this sound like a description of a junkie or a troubled kid?

"Harrison ... spent a couple of weeks ... at ... camp."

It sounds like summer vacation to me. It couldn't be more innocuous. Meatballs was more ominous.

You have evidence that Harrison's attendance was anything other than routine? Present it. Otherwise this is just more slander.

First  -  I didn't mean to reply to your post, it was not a comment meant to reply to what you said. I clicked on quote function of wrong post.

I was trying to affirm what Celtics11 said about Lucas doing work with troubled kids because he does do a lot of it every year outide of his pre-draft camp.

Plenty of kids, especially locals kids, with no "problems" go work with Lucas every Summer.

I didn't mean to infer that Harrison was there for any other reason besides working on his game.

« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »
It is funny that if you question Lavin's coaching some people get all bent out of shape. If you notice that Phil Greene is directionally challenged and can't shoot certain people will say you are picking on the circle. However for some reason Harrison is fair game. I guess the tats and frohawk are not a big hit with the white, middle aged people on the board ;)

Foad

« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2013, 10:33:17 AM »
It is funny that if you question Lavin's coaching some people get all bent out of shape. If you notice that Phil Greene is directionally challenged and can't shoot certain people will say you are picking on the circle. However for some reason Harrison is fair game. I guess the tats and frohawk are not a big hit with the white, middle aged people on the board ;)

You would not talk like that if you drank the great and powerful Koolaid. It has the same power as the blood of the Christ.

« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
According to many here...he was a first round pick. 

Not sure about that.  Most just thought he wouldn't last because he can play in Europe and make more than most 4 yr college graduates.  I don't recall many or any people touting him as a 1st rd pick.

The lead guard BS over the summer and fall was an epic tire pumping.  He is a catch and shoot scorer with a minus attack game.  I was told several months ago there was some disappointment in Dee's lack of commitment to transform his body. 

Dee is going to be right there for POY in the conf.  This was something he needed to do for his game and he got it done

Quinn Rochford ‏@QSJUHoops
Really good stuff here at Dribble. Harrison says he's finally gotten a sense of the physical demands. He's lost a "ton of weight." #sjubb
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 12:22:18 PM by MaineQB »

« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2013, 04:14:18 PM »
The title of this thread is frightening to see at the top of the recent posts....

« Reply #537 on: September 28, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
The title of this thread is frightening to see at the top of the recent posts....

I agree. I read that and thought, "What? Not again!"