Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday

• 241 replies
Re: Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday
« Reply #160 on: March 29, 2013, 09:06:25 PM »
I didn't know that players had to sit out a year after transferring until I saw it 6 different times on the last page.

It's true. NCAA rule.

I guess sarcasm is hard to understand on the internet.

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2013, 09:19:14 PM »
I didn't know that players had to sit out a year after transferring until I saw it 6 different times on the last page.

It's true. NCAA rule.

I guess sarcasm is hard to understand on the internet.

I actually thought he was trying to be sarcastic.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
A double order of sarcasm!

« Reply #163 on: March 29, 2013, 10:13:51 PM »
A double order of sarcasm!

:D
Or maybe I was sarcastically misreading his sarcasm. The possibilities are endless  :P

« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »
Just to add my 2cents, I chatted briefly with d'Angelo in Florida last year and found him to be not only friendly, but well spoken, very bright, energetic, positive, and a potential leader. I left with the impression that he was a young man from a challenging background who wanted to build a ladder to success in big steps and in a variety of disciplines. I ; he wanted to talk but it all wasn't about basketball. His energy level seemed to rival the cheerleaders and I thought he will be good for StJ but that StJ would be enormously valuable to him. We all graduated with guys like him who came from real tough situations and did lots of strange things to invent and get up our ladders.  I really hope he works out for his own good. He could be a quality alumnus.

jr49

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Just to add my 2cents, I chatted briefly with d'Angelo in Florida last year and found him to be not only friendly, but well spoken, very bright, energetic, positive, and a potential leader. I left with the impression that he was a young man from a challenging background who wanted to build a ladder to success in big steps and in a variety of disciplines. I ; he wanted to talk but it all wasn't about basketball. His energy level seemed to rival the cheerleaders and I thought he will be good for StJ but that StJ would be enormously valuable to him. We all graduated with guys like him who came from real tough situations and did lots of strange things to invent and get up our ladders.  I really hope he works out for his own good. He could be a quality alumnus.
He was given a chance for the leadership thing. Given. I know he has ability, so I hope he can make it as a fit in guy.

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:11 AM »
so i've mentioned before that twitter is a good forecast for what's a on a kid's mind and of events to come. in this particular case while DLo is not on Social Media, people that are very close to him are.  this person is pretty much tied at the hip with DLo and they come and go as a package.  you can interpret the below in two-ways: 1. they'll be home in 4 weeks for summer break. or 2. they're going home permanently and not coming back.  i don't think DLo comes back...

"I'm sorry! I had way to much goin on for a short period of time! I'll be home for good in 4 weeks! I'll make sure I see you!"

Tha Kid

« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »
so i've mentioned before that twitter is a good forecast for what's a on a kid's mind and of events to come. in this particular case while DLo is not on Social Media, people that are very close to him are.  this person is pretty much tied at the hip with DLo and they come and go as a package.  you can interpret the below in two-ways: 1. they'll be home in 4 weeks for summer break. or 2. they're going home permanently and not coming back.  i don't think DLo comes back...

"I'm sorry! I had way to much goin on for a short period of time! I'll be home for good in 4 weeks! I'll make sure I see you!"

When I was coming home for summer break during college I would always say "coming home for good" to differentiate between coming home for Easter break for a short weekend (like this guy seems to be doing here).  I think you are reading way too much into things...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »

When I was coming home for summer break during college I would always say "coming home for good" to differentiate between coming home for Easter break for a short weekend (like this guy seems to be doing here).  I think you are reading way too much into things...

+1
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »

+1

My hope is that D'lo stays. Although its plausible he leaves, I'm holding on to the thought that if it's his intentions to leave, he would have announced it by now. Ultimately it's up to coach, but I believe that Amir's ship opening up made D'lo return possible.   

ras

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

Even if he transfers he "wont be home for good".

Moose

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

+1

My hope is that D'lo stays. Although its plausible he leaves, I'm holding on to the thought that if it's his intentions to leave, he would have announced it by now. Ultimately it's up to coach, but I believe that Amir's ship opening up made D'lo return possible.   

Then where is Jordan ship coming from.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
Amir's ship =Jordan's.  Even swap, no?  Sanchez was already accounted for.

« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »

Even if he transfers he "wont be home for good".
For a 20 year old, home for good for 2-3 years is home for good.  In the past 2 seasons, a certain coach has not recruited a PG.  Watch out for Larry Brown nebbing in if D'lo does transfer.

I hope D'lo stays here and finishes what he started.  It would be better if he got things right here as a maturing adult.  Gotta take the lumps sometimes.

Pete Puma How Many Lumps do you Want? Full Clip HD
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:36:00 PM by bball purist »

sju89tr

« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2013, 02:29:50 PM »
I personally don't think Dee leaves. Lavin said that the nucleus of the team will return intact. Harrison is at worst our second best player. I know he is doing things currently to get things straight at St Johns and his grandmother is satisfied that things are being handled with everyone's best interests in mind.

He could leave but I don't think he will.

The things that happened could be corrected. dee is a competitor and needs to harness his emotions. 

Marillac

« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »
Why would he leave.  It makes no sense.  Lavin is a players coach and this kid can regain his captaincy and has carte blanche shooting allowances.  Not to mention, STJ has the potential to make a DEEP run in the tournament. 

Why sit out for a year just to learn a new system and try to fit into a team when you already lead a very capable squad?  Makes no sense to me.  He'll be back.

MCNPA

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
Why would he leave.  It makes no sense.  Lavin is a players coach and this kid can regain his captaincy and has carte blanche shooting allowances.  Not to mention, STJ has the potential to make a DEEP run in the tournament. 

Why sit out for a year just to learn a new system and try to fit into a team when you already lead a very capable squad?  Makes no sense to me.  He'll be back.

+1

Nobody will be easier to play for than Lavin.  No coach will put up with nonsense and back-talk.  He wants to showcase his abilities, he has the perfect team around him next year and can make a run in ncaa's.  He needs to concentrate on working on his skills, and getting in physical shape to optimize any speed and athleticism that he has.  Leaving would cost him years and his reputation.  I think he's certainly coming back unless he screws this up.

derk

« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2013, 08:54:12 AM »

All true. But those things didn't prevent him from screwing up in the first place. I agree though that he'll be back. Can't see this high energy kid sitting for a year.

« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
The chance to play with Jesus has to be intriguing to Dlo.  A backcourt capable of producing 40 pts with Dom, Karr, Sanchez, CO, etc., etc. on top is almost irresistable.  Let it happen D!  The Apple and you deserve this.  Headlines await you.  What a comeback story this will be.

« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
Would Harrison be ok being 6th man? Unless Lavin goes three guard and has Pointer coming off the bench