ACC invite....

• 99 replies
Re: ACC invite....
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
Baldi must love Seinfeld because this thread is like the idea about his show. It's a thread about nothing

Are you tryin to say that baldi is the most popular poster of all time?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2013, 02:36:09 PM »
Baldi must love Seinfeld because this thread is like the idea about his show. It's a thread about nothing

What about being a sports commentator? You know how I always make those witty comments during a game?

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

populous definitely. I dont know the post counts for other posters here but Baldi definitely has so have the most posts

jr49

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
This nonsense keeps popping up. St. John's doesn't need the ACC. They have their own conference. You get a lot of good teams in a conference like the ACC, they beat each other, and some doesn't make the Big Dance. St. John's shouldn't and wouldn't accept such a nonsensical offer.
And the guy who started it is paid attention to, and maybe even liked. Nothing makes sense, and the off season just started. When do people start calling their friends names again?

MCNPA

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
I like how the new conference has been formed.  I think some good schools were selected.  When we go to 12 schools, which we will, it is of the utmost importance that they too are string choices with upward mobile programs that are willing to invest significant dollars into coaches, facilities ans success.  Talk of the ACC is I think only a fleeting memory.  We are building something good and sustainable now.  Our goal should be to win this conference title next year and every year beyond that.  Forget the ACC pipe dream. 

« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2013, 07:46:54 AM »
Interesting to read that some think this is top 25 team, others say St Johns can't compete in the ACC

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2013, 09:42:44 AM »
Interesting to read that some think this is top 25 team, others say St Johns can't compete in the ACC

Eight teams in the ACC are top 25.  We would have to be #9

MCNPA

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

Maybe we are better of being #1 in the Big East than #9 in the ACC? 

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »

Shooting for the stars huh

boo3

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »
 Rather be #1 in new BE than middle of road in ACC.  We don't belong in the ACC. That notion is crazy . We are a founding member of BE and are where we belong.

Why is this even a topic?  Lets enjoy the new , fresh start.  We have no control over any of this nonsense.

BTW- Hasn't Butler been to 2 of the last 3 or 4 Final Fours?  Our league is going to be great.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:09:42 PM by boo3 »

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »
New agreement seems to preclude ACC from being poached and negatively impact any UConn and Cincy moves to that league.

“@Kendavis55: Report: ACC agrees to grant of rights deal, Cincinnati and UConn face another obstacle http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-04-22/acc-grant-of-rights-deal-15-members-realignment-cincinnati

NYCoffey

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 05:18:02 PM »
This sucks for UConn and Cincy. Looks like they are stuck in that joke of a conference for the foreseeable future. Do you think either school would be willing to downgrade it's football, and put it into a lesser conference (not that the AAC is great anyway) and join the Big East for all other sports including hoops? And would we even want them?

Moose

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
This sucks for UConn and Cincy. Looks like they are stuck in that joke of a conference for the foreseeable future. Do you think either school would be willing to downgrade it's football, and put it into a lesser conference (not that the AAC is great anyway) and join the Big East for all other sports including hoops? And would we even want them?

If they dropped football I'd take anyone.
Remember who broke the Slice news

jr49

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »

None of us would be happy being the ninth best team in ACC. They still gonna have the same big soft underbelly they have had for years. They were ok with 9 teams. The teams that are good in football are gonna figure thats good enough.

bk8664

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »

And hopefully this is good for us... if Cinci and UCONN take steps backwards recruiting-wise because of their perceived inferior conference, St. John's really might be able to slide in take their fair share of upper echelon recruits that either one might have landed.   It might take a year or two, but I'm hopeful UCONN takes a big hit from their AAC conference affiliation.  BC is going to continue to be terrible.  Rutgers, Seton Hall can't seem to get out of their own way.    This could set up nicely for us.

desco80

« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
Why is it taken as fact that the ACC has a soft underbelly as compared to other conferences?
What do you think St Johns has been for the past 10 years?   A tough challenge for Syracuse and Louisville?   Not exactly.
Rutgers, DePaul, Providence, USF, the Hall etc  are no better than the bottom of the ACC.   

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
Why is it taken as fact that the ACC has a soft underbelly as compared to other conferences?
What do you think St Johns has been for the past 10 years?   A tough challenge for Syracuse and Louisville?   Not exactly.
Rutgers, DePaul, Providence, USF, the Hall etc  are no better than the bottom of the ACC.   

3 of those senior members of the Big East

jr49

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
Mr 80, Yes, we have been part of the BE belly. I"m not gonna argue that point with you. Why would I, It's made me sick. But since the ACC raiding us again there has been talk making you think they gonna be the greatest hoops conference ever. The last few years they been Duke, N.C. and maybe one other team. They have not been a big deal, and true that they will be better now. Again, thats now and nothing lasts forever. I'm thrilled with the Fox deal, and the conference I root for lives and dies hoops. Georgia Tech and Florida State wanna win at what. Wake wants to win in the classroom I'm guessing. The three teams they took from us years ago, have one that's been ok in football. Pitt can easily slip to their level, and why would Syracuse be a big deal without their BE identity? Louisville has slipped in the past. These things go in cycles and we have a conference that specializes in hoops. Sorry to be going on, but I don't much care for the ACC. If broken down I wonder who getting paid more for their hoops?

Tiznow

« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Looks like the ACC isnt going to be changing for a while.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/4/22/4252900/acc-media-rights-deal-conference-realignment

So WF earns the same $20MM as FSU.  And Purdue football pulls in more than FSU. And ND earns the $20MM plus the NBC money.  I have a feeling there are pissed off FSU football people.