Dunlap Fired

• 66 replies

boo3

Dunlap Fired
« on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:08 PM »
 Bring him back

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
One year of improvement = fired. RT ‏@SteveReedAP: BREAKING: Bobcats have fired coach Mike Dunlap.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:12:51 PM by boo3 »

mkras99

Re: Dunlap Fired
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »
Jordan's quite the owner/GM.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Bring him back

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
One year of improvement = fired. RT ‏@SteveReedAP: BREAKING: Bobcats have fired coach Mike Dunlap.

not coming back

MCNPA

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:18 PM »
I'd love him back here.  Michael Jordan is an idiot.

desco80

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »
Lets nip this in the bud right now.   He's not going to transition from NBA head coach back to assistant at SJU.

Dunlap is going to find a head coaching job in college.  And I would imagine he's going to be pretty good wherever he goes as long as he finds a good recruiting assistant.   Consider this; he's commonly regarded as a brilliant strategist, and although he's also considered a so called disciplinarian, do you know what we didn't hear about at all last year?   A disgruntled D'angelo Harrison.   Not a peep.   Showed up, played, smiled in the huddle.   Go figure....

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
Lets nip this in the bud right now.   He's not going to transition from NBA head coach back to assistant at SJU.

Dunlap is going to find a head coaching job in college.  And I would imagine he's going to be pretty good wherever he goes as long as he finds a good recruiting assistant.   Consider this; he's commonly regarded as a brilliant strategist, and although he's also considered a so called disciplinarian, do you know what we didn't hear about at all last year?   A disgruntled D'angelo Harrison.   Not a peep.   Showed up, played, smiled in the huddle.   Go figure....

Does he want to be a head coach in college?  I really don't think he does and at this point there may not be a job out there that he would be interested in even if he did want to e a head coach in college.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:21:23 PM »

True, but Nuri and Stith both quit during the season...

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 01:22:43 PM »
I'd like him back here too, but they won like 19 games and all his players hated him, why is anyone shocked he got fired?

boo3

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
 I don't his contract situation at Charlotte.  I would assume they owe him some money.  If he wants to coach next year and not sit out the season, why not?

I'm not saying it will happen, but i don't think the idea of him coming back as an assistant head coach at the college level is a crazy notion.

boo3

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 01:25:26 PM »
I'd like him back here too, but they won like 19 games and all his players hated him, why is anyone shocked he got fired?

Because they won 7 games last year with same,  terrible roster. Thats a pretty solid improvement by any standards.  Jordan is a complete nice person.

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »
Greatest basketball player of all time and worth a kazillion dollars. Must be nice to be a nice person ::)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:29:02 PM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 01:31:36 PM »
Greatest basketball player of all time and worth a kazillion dollars. Must be nice to be a nice person ::)

As a basketball exec..smarty pants..  Still think Harrison is leaving?

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 01:32:32 PM »
Make Lavin his assistant

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
I will say I was wrong when I see him play their first game.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »

21 games. And that's actually 3 times the amount they had last year. I'm reading the bobcats forum, most of them are shocked.

Michael Jordan obviously has no idea what he is doing. Look at their roster, no coach could've won more than 25 games with that squad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:42:55 PM by redstorm212 »

jr49

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 02:01:36 PM »

True, but Nuri and Stith both quit during the season...
Guys who don't really want to learn do what's easier. They quit. Dunlap did the work, and got paid for it. He'll probably give us idea what he would like to do through the press.

boo3

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »
I will say I was wrong when I see him play their first game.

Wasn't expecting you to admit you were wrong, just what you are thinking now.  If you were 99% sure a few weeks ago, what about now?   

I felt the same way as you if you remember, i've resigned myself to being happily wrong  in this situation.  I would definitely rather be wrong than right in this matter.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
So a guy develops young talent and triples a teams wins and gets fired. Thats a horrible firing for the Bobcats. What more could Mike have done with that roster?

If he would accept a spot back here, I'd love him back.

kjd01067

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »
He was set up for failure with the Bobcats.  Dunlap is a very good coach and I would love to have him back on staff (doubt that will be the case though).

jr49

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »
Make Lavin his assistant
That's real smart. You think insulting Coach Lavin is funny? You can roam wherever you wish, but I do wonder why your here.