« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
I only wish Erin Sharoni were on FS1 instead of Showtime/NBC now....  :(

Big fan.

Bigger fan than Taurasi?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:05:55 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Fox Sports 1
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
I have Fox Sports 2 but Dish tells me I need to pay another $5 a month to get Fox Sports 1.

That doesn't make a lot of sense.  If it was 2 I'd get it. 

Tell me about it.

Moose

« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:35 AM »
I have Fox Sports 2 but Dish tells me I need to pay another $5 a month to get Fox Sports 1.

Tell me about it.

Googled a bit for you and found this.

The Multi-sports pack has Fox Sports 2 but not Fox Sports 1. It is an add on to the your main package, so Fox Sports 1 is only on the main packages of America's Top 200 and Top 250.

So they 39 dollar plan has FS1 but the cheaper plans only have FS2. Shows how ass backwards Dish is. Usually cable providers hold the ransom on the secondary channels not the first.

Looks like it another 5 bucks a month for you

MCNPA

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2013, 12:50:03 AM »
I'd like to give kudos to Tarik Turner.  The guy has really become a mainstay analyst for Fox now.  He has really developed a nice career in sportscasting, and if you look at commentary on other fan boards, they all really like Tarik.  Tarik is on SJU's board of Governor's now as well and a good example for our other student athletes.  Hope to see more former SJU players out there in sports media etc. 

Let me get this straight, you think Tarik is good?

Yes, I think he is pretty good.  Go read some of what other big east fans have to say about the Big East coverage last week.  People in general really spoke highly about Tarik and thought he as very knowledgable.  He's young and getting better.  Glad to see one of our guys doing well.

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »
Perhaps this  varies with each cable company but, here in Tampa Bay area, Fox 1 and 2 are part of the basic, lowest cost package.
Does anyone have a complete schedule with tv designations for each game?  The official RedStorm web site doesn't include the television stations for any of the games.  Would you publish it here?

desco80

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »
Perhaps this  varies with each cable company but, here in Tampa Bay area, Fox 1 and 2 are part of the basic, lowest cost package.
Does anyone have a complete schedule with tv designations for each game?  The official RedStorm web site doesn't include the television stations for any of the games.  Would you publish it here?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/schedule/schedule.pdf

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2013, 02:29:08 PM »
You got to love that they listed the Final Four on the schedule

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
Back in May our friiend Pico wrote an article on the Wisconsin game in which he said:

"...The game will serve as a home game for the Wisconsin team, but will be rightfully considered a neutral site matchup for RPI purposes. TV station and time is yet to be determined, but according to the release, the game will be a nationally televised matchup to showcase the new Sanford Pentagon Sports Complex and the Complex' heritage court...."

Will anyone else pick up on this or is it only being broadcast by the Big 10 Network?

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
Thank you Desco80 for the TV schedule.   The winter is complete now!

« Reply #149 on: October 30, 2013, 11:46:46 AM »

Tell me about it.

The Multi-sports pack has Fox Sports 2 but not Fox Sports 1. It is an add on to the your main package, so Fox Sports 1 is only on the main packages of America's Top 200 and Top 250.

So they 39 dollar plan has FS1 but the cheaper plans only have FS2. Shows how ass backwards Dish is. Usually cable providers hold the ransom on the secondary channels not the first.

You're too kind to me Moose.

« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »

She's with CBS now.  Announced last week.
She was with NBC though, right?

Moose

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »

She's with CBS now.  Announced last week.
She was with NBC though, right?

Yeah just made the jump

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

Tell me about it.

You're too kind to me Moose.
And saved you the phone call to Bangalore India for customer service

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »

Moose

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »
Fox Sports and the Big East today formally announced a two-year deal in which Fox will sell the conference's sponsorship assets and broadcast advertising. The two entities will collaborate on sales assets that include presenting sponsorships for all Big East championships, as well as a range of TV and non-TV ad inventory (Fox Sports). Fox is "reporting a robust ad sales market for its slate of Big East men’s basketball games." Other conferences and networks "have similar deals, such as the SEC and ESPN" (SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL, 11/11 issue).

Moose

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2014, 11:52:59 PM »
Francesa's show to FS1

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2014, 11:58:20 PM »
not sure if that is good or bad for us

goredmen

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2014, 01:48:56 AM »
Francesa's show to FS1

Hmm a national channel showing a strictly NY radio show. Interesting move by FS1 there unless they will be able to broadcast his show in this area and other stuff around the rest of the country

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2014, 02:12:44 AM »
Francesa's show to FS1

Hmm a national channel showing a strictly NY radio show. Interesting move by FS1 there unless they will be able to broadcast his show in this area and other stuff around the rest of the country
Usually when a local show goes national the content follows suit to a degree.

goredmen

« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2014, 02:35:40 AM »
Francesa's show to FS1

Usually when a local show goes national the content follows suit to a degree.

I highly doubt Francesca will alter his content in any way to cater to FS1.  WFAN would not be happy with that at all