Breaking News: St. John's.......

• 58 replies

sjd8886

Re: Breaking News: St. John's.......
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
i hate to be an a$$ but for god sakes, do not title an email or topic breaking news if its about signing a 2 star recruit...im pumped we got a recruit, and im well aware of what other schools are doing with one or two star recruits but still, its a two star recruit...i saw the email and i thought, omg, we signed larry brown, roberts is gone, or we signed a 4 star or something...idk, maybe the program isnt as low as everyone thinks it is bc frankly i cant get that pumped up over signing a 2 star, i still feel like we can do alot better

It was news, I was breaking it, therefore it was breaking news. Geez we have the whiniest fan base in the country.

ok, so sorry...BREAKING NEWS-ST JOHNS MANAGES TO CONVINCE A 2 STAR RECRUIT TO PLAY FOR THEM-HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

No problem, im sure folks wanna hear your posts/emails complaining to Chris M just as much as our 2008 recruiting commitments.

"I've sent a few emails to him, which were actually very polite and understanding, but after reading about Brown today, knowing it would never happen even though if they offered him he would come here, i'm a little upset...every email i sent to him up to this one was actually well written, intelligent and considerate...i think this broke the streak lol...well here it is:

Ive written to you a few times concerning the basketball program and you've never gotten back to me,  but i understand a man with your job is busy.  However hoping that you at least read your emails, ill say this.  I just read an article on Larry Brown and how he desperately wants to coach again, either pro's or college, he doesnt care which and I thought, oh, this would be a perfect opportunity for St Johns to wrap up a legit coach and turn around the program, but considering the past decisions all im really doing is dreaming.  Even though if you hired Larry Brown you would be praised by every media outlet in the country, would have the support, and not to mention, financial support of the alumni, I have a feeling you won't do it, especially after telling Norm he's comming back for another year. I dont know how many more years you think you will have a job in atheltics if you let opportunities like this continue to pass.  Congratulations on cleaning up the program, not the horrid record, historic blowouts, and making me embarissed every time i mention I'm a st johns fan."

i didnt send out an email to everyone concerning that, you jerkoff

kjd01067

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »
Guys keep it civil... we are all st. johns fans
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:16:52 PM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2008, 05:16:50 PM »
nice post, buckeye...but if you keep spelling words such as coming and embarassed wrong...you'll never get a response.

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »
i hate to be an a$$ but for god sakes, do not title an email or topic breaking news if its about signing a 2 star recruit...im pumped we got a recruit, and im well aware of what other schools are doing with one or two star recruits but still, its a two star recruit...i saw the email and i thought, omg, we signed larry brown, roberts is gone, or we signed a 4 star or something...idk, maybe the program isnt as low as everyone thinks it is bc frankly i cant get that pumped up over signing a 2 star, i still feel like we can do alot better

It was news, I was breaking it, therefore it was breaking news. Geez we have the whiniest fan base in the country.

ok, so sorry...BREAKING NEWS-ST JOHNS MANAGES TO CONVINCE A 2 STAR RECRUIT TO PLAY FOR THEM-HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

No problem, im sure folks wanna hear your posts/emails complaining to Chris M just as much as our 2008 recruiting commitments.

"I've sent a few emails to him, which were actually very polite and understanding, but after reading about Brown today, knowing it would never happen even though if they offered him he would come here, i'm a little upset...every email i sent to him up to this one was actually well written, intelligent and considerate...i think this broke the streak lol...well here it is:

Ive written to you a few times concerning the basketball program and you've never gotten back to me,  but i understand a man with your job is busy.  However hoping that you at least read your emails, ill say this.  I just read an article on Larry Brown and how he desperately wants to coach again, either pro's or college, he doesnt care which and I thought, oh, this would be a perfect opportunity for St Johns to wrap up a legit coach and turn around the program, but considering the past decisions all im really doing is dreaming.  Even though if you hired Larry Brown you would be praised by every media outlet in the country, would have the support, and not to mention, financial support of the alumni, I have a feeling you won't do it, especially after telling Norm he's comming back for another year. I dont know how many more years you think you will have a job in atheltics if you let opportunities like this continue to pass.  Congratulations on cleaning up the program, not the horrid record, historic blowouts, and making me embarissed every time i mention I'm a st johns fan."

you were intelligent enough to post it on JJ where everyone could read it.

sjd8886

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »

you were intelligent enough to post it on JJ where everyone could read it.

yea thats the point of a forum...i am awaiting your point

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2008, 05:18:56 PM »
nice post, buckeye...but if you keep spelling words such as coming and embarassed wrong...you'll never get a response.

thats sjd8886's email, i copied it from one of his earlier threads.....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 05:31:09 PM by NYCbuckeye »

sjd8886

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
that forums are for people to post things on, and other people to read?...well thats quite a point buckeye...and my point was that i didnt send an email to everyone with the title breaking news in caps...and my thread is one of like 100 on this board, so it doesnt stick out more than any other topic...no one is forced to read it, or even click on it...if you saw the title, my email to chris, and didnt wanna read it, you didnt have to...no one could have replied and the thread would have disappeared off the first page of the threads and gone forever

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
thats the point of a forum...i am awaiting your point

point #1 - JJ mentioned "breaking news". the fact that QR will hold a press conference a day before it happens is indeed news to the SJU BB community. Maybe with your 'breaking news' standards, your disappointed because QR is not a 4 - 5 star recruit. Whether a 2,3,4,5 star recruit will sign or 0 star recruit signs, its irrelavent.

point #2 - re: 'i didnt send out an email to everyone concerning that, you jerkoff' - sorry sjd, but you did start a thread based on your email to Chris M.

sjd8886

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »
are you crazy or illiterate...

point #2 - re: 'i didnt send out an email to everyone concerning that, you jerkoff' - sorry sjd, but you did start a thread based on your email to Chris M.

those are two different things...emails are electronic messages sent to peoples accounts on aol, gmail, hotmail, etc...threads are one of about 30 lines of writing on a single page on the JJ forum

sjd8886

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
do you understand the point which i clearly stated many times...i guess not...well my point is, if there was a thread stating breaking news i wouldnt have opened my mouth, but an email was sent out to, im assuming, everyone on this site with breaking news in caps...and the breaking news was we signed a mediocre recruit, which btw, is not me knocking the kid, hes a 2-3 star being recruited by a bottom tier big east school...so that is why i was expecting more from that email...buckeye please stop replying...reading your responses is making my head hurt

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 05:50:56 PM »

those are two different things...emails are electronic messages sent to peoples accounts on aol, gmail, hotmail, etc...threads are one of about 30 lines of writing on a single page on the JJ forum

lets put the 2 pieces together.....your thread was based off an electronic message you sent to Chris M....I guess you dont remember...

My email to Chris
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!  I will say a special prayer tonight for whichever of you stops the madness and starts talking about St. John's.

To clarify re: the definition of "e-mail" - I believe it is the optimum method of electronic correspondence between two feuding basketball fans.  This is, of course, to be contrasted with the forum, a means for personal exchanges of differences to be aired out in public in what must be today's most fascinatingly boring equivalent of the Roman gladiators.

Randomhero423

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 07:30:14 PM »
breaking news is when news is just happening before anyone knows about it.  almost anything qualifies. 

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »

Ive written to you a few times concerning the basketball program and you've never gotten back to me,  but i understand a man with your job is busy.  However hoping that you at least read your emails, ill say this.  I just read an article on Larry Brown and how he desperately wants to coach again, either pro's or college, he doesnt care which and I thought, oh, this would be a perfect opportunity for St Johns to wrap up a legit coach and turn around the program, but considering the past decisions all im really doing is dreaming.  Even though if you hired Larry Brown you would be praised by every media outlet in the country, would have the support, and not to mention, financial support of the alumni, I have a feeling you won't do it, especially after telling Norm he's comming back for another year. I dont know how many more years you think you will have a job in atheltics if you let opportunities like this continue to pass.  Congratulations on cleaning up the program, not the horrid record, historic blowouts, and making me embarissed every time i mention I'm a st johns fan."

Truly yours, your biggest fan, Stan.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:00:30 PM by simplyred »

sjd8886

« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 01:28:03 AM »

lets put the 2 pieces together.....your thread was based off an electronic message you sent to Chris M....I guess you dont remember...

My email to Chris
« on: April 03, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

yes i sent an email to him...but i did not send it to everyone's emails who is registered on this forum...so i shall ask again...crazy or illiterate?...or both?

« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 02:41:44 AM »
yikes I didn't read any of this til now. How can we manage to argue over something as petty as a title of a thread? Man o man. I already stated in the first post or so I was trying a new feature of the forum out and was unaware it would send everyone an email. It was not my intention to. Regardless of the news it was breaking news so I really don't see the argument. Also sjd886, relax brother. Take a chill pill seriously. If you don't want to hear the latest on the program simply don't check the site. Its really that simple. You're obviously interested and thats why you and all of us are here. We're on the same side. No need to go into attack mode. Everyone settle down and lets save going back and forth at each other for something worth it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
yea, sorry for flooding the forum with bs guys, i just got annoyed with that guy...and the sending of emails is a good idea and i appreciate it, its just it was the first time in my life i got an email from a forum regarding a thread, so when i read it i was really expecting something huge...but anyway, sorry, ill try to control the temper from now on

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
yea, sorry for flooding the forum with bs guys, i just got annoyed with that guy...and the sending of emails is a good idea and i appreciate it, its just it was the first time in my life i got an email from a forum regarding a thread, so when i read it i was really expecting something huge...but anyway, sorry, ill try to control the temper from now on

sjd8886, we still friends?

sjd8886

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

sjd8886, we still friends?

yea, we're still virtual friends :P