July Open Period Part 2

• 69 replies
Re: July Open Period Part 2
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
“@ASlater247: Ja'Quan Newton is being watched court side by Jay Wright, Jim Larranaga, Steve Lavin, and Richard Pitino. #NikeGlobalChallenge”
Hmm

Hmm is right.

From what I hear Chiles is in Wisconsin watching Whitehead.

Yeah Wisconsin event did some video on Twitter scanning the coaches that were there and it showed Chiles.

Where is Newton from?

Philly

Moose

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
“@ASlater247: Ja'Quan Newton is being watched court side by Jay Wright, Jim Larranaga, Steve Lavin, and Richard Pitino. #NikeGlobalChallenge”
Hmm

Hmm is right.

Yeah Wisconsin event did some video on Twitter scanning the coaches that were there and it showed Chiles.

Where is Newton from?

Philly

Hope Rysheed enjoys his year here
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
Hmm

Hmm is right.

Where is Newton from?

Outside Philly, Nova from what I have been told has been considered the team to beat with him.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
Newton plays on the East team with Carrington and Larrier I believe. Didn't necessarily have to be watching him?

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
Also I saw a tweet we were watching the 17u championship in Philly . If so no one in Milwaukee.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Also I saw a tweet we were watching the 17u championship in Philly . If so no one in Milwaukee.

Chiles from earlier today in Milwaukee-

http://instagram.com/p/b6goPdw8tx/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:42:35 PM by Moose »

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Newton plays on the East team with Carrington and Larrier I believe. Didn't necessarily have to be watching him?

True but I think Moose is right I believe Chiles is in Wisconsin.

The Hoop Group Tourney outside Philly tonight from what I am told is very weak and very few high major coaches are there tonight.

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »
that video is hoop group at competitive edge sports in king of prussia pa i believe.

maybe im wrong but i think so.

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 09:51:58 PM »
also hoop group has nothing to do with milwaukee.

thats philly i think.

Moose

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
that video is hoop group at competitive edge sports in king of prussia pa i believe.

maybe im wrong but i think so.

Saw UA banners and connected it with Milwaukee.  You would know better.

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »
im just trying to make an educated guess like you are LOL.

Terrell and Chuwku were both in Philly i think so maybe.

Who knows lol.

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »
im just trying to make an educated guess like you are LOL.

Terrell and Chuwku were both in Philly i think so maybe.

Who knows lol.

Yeah but I think that was last night.  The Hoop Group is only two days and I think tonight is the weaker of the sessions and that is why Lavin headed down to DC as did Cooley and Ollie, notice they were in East Prussia last night as well and are not today.

Maybe you're right perhaps he is at Hoop Group but either way I assume SJU will make their presence felt in Milwaukee.  Here is the UA Summer Jam site, and why I think Chiles is in Milwaukee, and their list of schools that have made their way so far to the event:

http://uaassociation.com/tournaments/2013-summer-jam-colleges/

SMU
 South Carolina
 South Dakota
 South Dakota State
 Stanford
 Stephen F. Austin
 Stony Brook
 St. Bonaventure
St. John’s
 St. Joseph’s

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Totally could be :)

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:20 PM »
Totally could be :)

Yeah.  Alex Schwartz is there and has been tweeting tonight and he has mentioned Jay Wright much earlier today and BC there now but the list of schools he is listing are for the most part mid-majors and even low mid majors (Longwood, Bucknell, Stony Brook, George Washington, Pepperdine...etc).

You would think if SJU was there tonight with Chiles he would get a mention among that crowd.

https://twitter.com/northstarbball

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:38 PM »
He was definitely there at some point as shown in the video though.

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 08:08:56 AM »
Tracking our recruiting this year is challenging, sort of like having two jobs.

Positives; still seem to have a shot at Whitehead or Terrell. Not sure where we are with Carrington. Getting W or T would seem to eliminate Carrington, but who knows.

Negative; Primary need to get a couple of quality bigs seems unclear. Adonis, Pascal seem possible, but doubt we want both. That said, Abu seems possible, but not probable, Delgado doesn't appear to be in the mix. Had heard we were looking at Omar Sherman, a Texas PF, but he is blowing up lately with no mention of SJU. Who knows who else staff is looking at in HS or Juco ranks, but I guess a good outcome would be Abu & Pascal.

All in all, IMO, addition of quality bigs is an area I worry about. Granted I tend to worry! Ha

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »
Well summarized, paultz. Goodluck Okonoboh is another guy we should keep an eye on. I know we're chasing some big time 2015 guys, I just hope that doesn't let us lose sight of 2014 (potentially a big year for us).

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:31 AM »
Those videos are from Philly. No SJU staff members are in Milwaukee. They are exclusively in DC/Philly for entire period. Whitehead seems to have the Pitino's written all over him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:23 AM »
Those videos are from Philly. No SJU staff members are in Milwaukee. They are exclusively in DC/Philly for entire period. Whitehead seems to have the Pitino's written all over him.

You would know better than me, but I keep reading Minnesota is recruiting him the hardest

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »
Terrence Philips?

“@TheRecruitScoop: My day two recap from Under Armour Summer Jam with a Recruiting Rundown - http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1526698