Humboldt State Game

• 114 replies

Moose

Re: Humboldt State Game
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2013, 11:12:23 PM »
“@Kieran_Lynch: "Kids that didn't get in are redshirting." Lavin. Elaborated that Lipscomb, Balamou redshirting. Jones up in the air. #sjubb”

Lipscomb paying for that extra year out of his own pocket?

Didn't know walkons could redshirt ha

Maybe that keeps him around to keep Daniel Giddens happy :)

There definitely has to be an ulterior motive, so I'm really hoping not to have to read 50 stupid Lipscomb jokes -- 45 of them from the same poster.

I think doing several favors for daddy Lipscomb does possibly help us in the long run, especially if son has a great experience at St. John's. So everyone cheer your balls off when he gets into a game in 2014-15. And help get him laid if you see him at a party.

It's clear that it might be a struggle to fill 3 open ships this year.  I can see Lavin doing a Jamal White part 2 and giving Lipscomb, Marco's ship next year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
“@Kieran_Lynch: "Kids that didn't get in are redshirting." Lavin. Elaborated that Lipscomb, Balamou redshirting. Jones up in the air. #sjubb”

There definitely has to be an ulterior motive, so I'm really hoping not to have to read 50 stupid Lipscomb jokes -- 45 of them from the same poster.

I think doing several favors for daddy Lipscomb does possibly help us in the long run, especially if son has a great experience at St. John's. So everyone cheer your balls off when he gets into a game in 2014-15. And help get him laid if you see him at a party.

It's clear that it might be a struggle to fill 3 open ships this year.  I can see Lavin doing a Jamal White part 2 and giving Lipscomb, Marco's ship next year.

Yeah, we don't need to fill 3 ships, but we will need to replace Sanchez/Gift.

Poison

« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
Neither Hooper or Marco are interested in doing more than chilling out by the 3 point line and chucking. They throw up a shot, and pose. This might sound mean, but I feel like kicking them when they do that. Neither will play much. We don't need lazy.

Gift played really well. This is his sweet spot. Really shitty teams.

Jordan was great. He is a point guard, and he will be our pg. Branch starting is fine, but he's got to get tougher. This is a D2 team and it took him 10 minutes to get comfortable.

Pointer was great. Played like a pro tonight. Sent one back when he was the only guy defending on a 3 on 1. I love that guy. Such heart. A true Johnny.

Harrison was great as well. More of the same.

Sanchez was great. Several times he and other guys tried to run the break, but our spacing was classic STJ, and we f'd it up.

Sampson is a hot mess. He goes up weak, and ugly. Seems like he's regressed. Hope he figured it out soon.

Greene is much more pleasing to the eye off the bench. He drove a little. He passed a little. He defended a little, and then he sat down.

Clearly we have a lot of talent. I was wrong about Hooper. He'll hit jumpers, but he doesn't do anything else. He chills out there and hopes for the ball. He needs a kick in the ass. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:35:51 PM by Poison »

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2013, 12:34:19 AM »
Best part tonight was when they brought back flag boy!

Poison

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:32 AM »
Best part tonight was when they brought back flag boy!

That guy needs a lighter flag. He was slower than Marco.

desco80

« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »

Yeah, we don't need to fill 3 ships, but we will need to replace Sanchez/Gift.

We're willing to concede a scholarship already?     Do we need that spot next year? No, probably not.  But the year after that a recruit we sign  now would be a sophomore and that's when we will need  him.    Plus, that spot can be used in a variety of ways, sign an extra big man, or a second deep shooter ..... It may look like we don't need that scholarship now but if Obekpa tears his knee next November we'll have egg on our face for not using all the scholarships we're given.
Our head coach is one of the best recruiters in the country, there is absolutely no excuse for giving away a scholarship like that.    Whether or not we have an immediate need to fill is irrelevant, you need to go into each season with  all the ammo you're allowed to bring.  Why would we only have 12 recruited players when we know Georgetown and Villanova get to bring 13  guys into every season?   Just doesn't make sense. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:22:51 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:29 AM »
Wish this game counted toward my fantasy league, I've got Pointer and Sanchez. Love me some versatility.

Moose

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2013, 12:16:37 PM »
Wish this game counted toward my fantasy league, I've got Pointer and Sanchez. Love me some versatility.

Did your boys play exhibition games or just behind door scrimmages?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »

Did your boys play exhibition games or just behind door scrimmages?

Just behind door scrimmages. JT3 always only plays scrimmages. He prefers them because he can ask the opponent to do different things (Press, go zone, etc) to help the team. He says they get more out of playing a real team in those situations than blowing out a D2 team.

We scrimmaged Virginia and George Mason this year. No real leaks unfortunately, but Georgetown always does well OOC so I assume these scrimmages help.

SJUFAN

« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 01:33:18 PM »
Sampson is a hot mess. He goes up weak, and ugly. Seems like he's regressed. Hope he figured it out soon.

It looks like Samspon has been working on his shot. I no longer see a hitch prior to his release. It may take some time for him to get comfortable with it, good thing he has 4 years of eligibility.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:34:58 PM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »

Where do you find college fantasy? Or is it a private thing.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »

This is the first year some guys on the HolyLandofHoops website organized it using the fantrax site (www.fantrax.com). Not sure how easy it is to set up, but you can create your own league there and it's free. It's just a ten team league, seems like it's going to be fun.

« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »

This is the first year some guys on the HolyLandofHoops website organized it using the fantrax site (www.fantrax.com). Not sure how easy it is to set up, but you can create your own league there and it's free. It's just a ten team league, seems like it's going to be fun.

Thanks Hoya, very cool. Im guessing you guy did just bigeast? Out of curiosity where did your man deangelo go?

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »

Thanks Hoya, very cool. Im guessing you guy did just bigeast? Out of curiosity where did your man deangelo go?

Yeah Just BE players.

Harrison went 5th overall (It's fantasy he puts up points and he doesn't turn the ball over(-3 in this league) he's a great fantasy pick )
Obepka 9th (You get 5pts for a block)
Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:35:56 PM by hoyahooligan »

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »
Does anyone here want to do a fantasy big east league?  I've wanted to do this for years.

NYCoffey

« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
I'd be in

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »
Does anyone here want to do a fantasy big east league?  I've wanted to do this for years.

I'd love to.

NYCoffey

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »
When's the first big east game? I can try to set it up tomorrow
Because internet at home is horrible and I'm afraid I might throw the computer
Out the window. If it's fairly easy I can do it at work in the morning.

desco80

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 05:21:06 PM »
I would do it too.

On another note, is someone going to do the weekly pick 'em again?

LJSA

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »
Sanchez was at steal at 34.