Fordham Game Discussion

• 193 replies
Re: Fordham Game Discussion
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
"Coach Speak";

@AdamZagoria: Lavin on Severe:'Anywhere that I've coached I would've recruited him.He's a really good basketball player. He's a pro, he'll be in the NBA.'

So now he's heaping crazy praise not just on our guys but our opponents.  I actually like this strategy lol

Coach is already working if Severe will transfer. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:21:26 AM by gonzalo »

MCNPA

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 09:30:23 AM »
Severe shoots 18 shots a game. To put that in perspective that is 3 more shots than D-Lo

He's really great get for Fordham. He wouldn't make same impact in the game especially right away in the Big East. It isn't to say he isn't good enough because he is but he is much better suited where he is at. I wish more guys would realize that when selecting a school (Severe might not even realize that bc his people are still chirping).

Also not sure on the whole Lavin mia from CTK. I will say the talent in NY is weak, so weak. The only kids I'd mess with Diallo and Bryant. Even if you go into NJ the only guys I'd mess with are Briscoe, M. Richardson, Battle, Aiken. It is really really thin.

Can you please explain what you think is the difference between being an A10 player now, and a BE player? You, and others keep saying that Severe is better suited for the A10, than the BE. How is going up against Dayton, VCU and St.Louis so different than Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova?

Big East still has many more talented teams and rosters overall.  These leagues are not equivalent.  Some of those schools certainly can compete with teams in our reiteration of the Big East, but the leagues arent equal talent-wise.  You can't really believe that those teams are on the same level as programs overall as Nova, Georgetown and Marquette?  Some of those schools have comE on strong over the past few years, but I don't think they're comparable overall, not to mention quite a few other programs in the Big East.   
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:35:07 AM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 09:40:58 AM »
Severe shoots 18 shots a game. To put that in perspective that is 3 more shots than D-Lo

He's really great get for Fordham. He wouldn't make same impact in the game especially right away in the Big East. It isn't to say he isn't good enough because he is but he is much better suited where he is at. I wish more guys would realize that when selecting a school (Severe might not even realize that bc his people are still chirping).

Also not sure on the whole Lavin mia from CTK. I will say the talent in NY is weak, so weak. The only kids I'd mess with Diallo and Bryant. Even if you go into NJ the only guys I'd mess with are Briscoe, M. Richardson, Battle, Aiken. It is really really thin.

Can you please explain what you think is the difference between being an A10 player now, and a BE player? You, and others keep saying that Severe is better suited for the A10, than the BE. How is going up against Dayton, VCU and St.Louis so different than Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova?

I agree there is not much difference in current level of competition. That said, let's all agree Severe chose right team in A10 for him to get maximum  PT, stats & publicity.

More importantly, it is hard to argue we have not played well, net of second half of GT game. Plain and simple, it is time to select the right playing rotation, maximize effort & get results. The ball is squarely in Lavin's court.  Beating Fordham convincingly is a move in right direction. With that dash of momentum, we need to at least compete with Syracuse to turn some  heads, gain confidence & go into BE play on a positive note. Anything short of that, is an indication that our highly paid staff is not  getting the job done.  Public relations banter can go so far. We seem to have a group of relatively talented players to achieve success.  Time to step up!

Poison

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:30 AM »

Big East still has many more talented teams and rosters overall.  These leagues are not equivalent.  Some of those schools certainly can compete with teams in our reiteration of the Big East, but the leagues arent equal talent-wise.  You can't really believe that those teams are on the same level as programs overall as Nova, Georgetown and Marquette?  Some of those schools have comE on strong over the past few years, but I don't think they're comparable overall, not to mention quite a few other programs in the Big East.   

No, I don't think those programs are as strong as Novs, Georgetown and Marquette, but I also think we are kidding ourselves if we think the level of play is a significant step up. The A10 isn't that much different than the BE overall anymore.

We lost football schools. AKA, the best programs in our conference in Uconn, Louisvile and SU. We even miss Notre Dame, because they were always consistent. The BE has a lot of fallen stars. We lead that of the conference. That is where we are consistent.

Hopefully our guys come out today with some effort. It would be great to see them try hard from the beginning of the game.

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »

Because you have to look at the leagues from top to bottom, not just the top 3. Top to bottom they are not even comparable.

Poison

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »

Because you have to look at the leagues from top to bottom, not just the top 3. Top to bottom they are not even comparable.

I'm not disagreeing that the BE is stronger. Severe is an A10 player. That's what is being called into question here. People say that he takes too many shots. Didn't Harrison go something like 5-20 vs Monmouth? We have guys that do that, too, but this kid is a freshman and he's putting up 23 a game. That's nuts. I don't care what league you're in. Give him credit.

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
TV for this game?

Not in the tri-state area.

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »
Nice

@QSJUHoops: Rysheed Jordan will make his Garden debut this afternoon. Lavin's not easing him in - Jordan's in the starting lineup vs. Fordham. #sjubb
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »
3 straight turnovers. 

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 01:39:09 PM »
Anyone got a stream, firstrow doesn't have one...

I can't even get an ESPN gamecast.

goredmen

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:40 PM »
Orlando making an immediate impact. That's good to see

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »
offensively this is as good as we've played. To many mistakes though are keeping them in the game,

boo3

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »
game is on MSG...at least it is for me... Fios.

We are so much better when we break on offense..  Keep it up..

boo3

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2013, 01:48:58 PM »
Need to rebound better on defensive end.

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013, 01:50:27 PM »

boo3

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
This is St. John's basketball...  This is what we envisioned..  Love it.

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2013, 01:52:07 PM »
Game is on MSG
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2013, 01:52:30 PM »
We're making EXCELLENT passes today. I love when we get to play uptempo like this. Damn near unstoppable on both ends....

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »
This is St. John's basketball...  This is what we envisioned..  Love it.

yup. Also helps when we make 90% though lol but they are good shots